feel like a loser for living in Midwest

Options
NormInv
NormInv Posts: 3,302 Member
I feel like such a loser. If I had any brains I would have moved out west or down south but only smart people live in those areas. Why would any winner ever live here? I hate myself.

Replies

• tonafoto
    tonafoto Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Come to Europe! Overhere you travel a few hundred miles, and you are in a completely different world. I love it.
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I live in Maryland...and we have stupid people here too. And some of the worst drivers. I've never been to the Midwest, but I think I'll stick to the East Coast.
  • NormInv
    Options
    I live in Maryland...and we have stupid people here too. And some of the worst drivers. I've never been to the Midwest, but I think I'll stick to the East Coast.

I was talking about the weather and the snow.
  • kadybug247365
    Options
    I'm in the midwest and I'm TIRED of the winter weather!!!
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    Yeah, you won't be saying that in August. Trust me on that. :tongue:
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options

OH! Well, we just got 8 inches of snow here today...so if that's what you don't like...it isn't better here either! And we have terrible drivers.
  • NormInv
    Options

OH! Well, we just got 8 inches of snow here today...so if that's what you don't like...it isn't better here either! And we have terrible drivers.

thats why i said move out west or south.

seriously, any smart person who could get a job out west or south already moved. its the rest of us stuck here in this hell hole
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    I want to be one of those people that lives in a tropical paradise during the winter, and comes back to Boston for late spring - early fall. The weather here blows in the winter.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    <
    bigger loser

I moved out of the Midwest to Virginia (borderline south) then moved back. Freakin family...
  • Cali_Chica
    Cali_Chica Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    I feel like such a loser. If I had any brains I would have moved out west or down south but only smart people live in those areas. Why would any winner ever live here? I hate myself.

If its any consolation, I think you're one of the smartest people on my list. Also, generally speaking, i think Midwesterners are the most genuinely friendly of all Americans.

See, it's not all bad. Now please workout tomorrow so I don't have to delete you :tongue:
  • mnxl
    mnxl Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    get a snowmobile. at least this year we have drifts, the last few have sucked for riding.
  • NormInv
    Options

If its any consolation, I think you're one of the smartest people on my list. Also, generally speaking, i think Midwesterners are the most genuinely friendly of all Americans.

See, it's not all bad. Now please workout tomorrow so I don't have to delete you :tongue:

awwww:heart:
  • Lindaspencer
    Lindaspencer Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    alright - u convinced me - lets move to hawaii or california :)
  • NormInv
    Options
    alright - u convinced me - lets move to hawaii or california :)

awww:smooched:
  • broox80
    broox80 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options

Fellow tard from IL!!! Midwest losers rule!!
  • iwtfytj
    iwtfytj Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Yes it's awful...5 years ago I moved from Texas (where I lived for 17 years) to northwest Ohio. Talk about a trade-down. I hate the cold and snow so much!
  • lalarox
    lalarox Posts: 37
    Options
    If it makes you feel any better, here in Southern California we just had a winter storm... and it was terrible! 2 days of rain and now the sun is peeking out but it is freezing (about 60 degrees). =P

I guess no matter where you are....there will always be something to complain about.
  • beertrollruss
    beertrollruss Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    The South is more affordable than the West but the South's summer humidity is pretty rough. Southern California is pretty expensive and California taxes are among the worst in the country. The last two summers have been more humid than previous summers. Despite the greater expense, most of the people that I know that have left end up regretting it.

Because of this year's drought, we're told to ration water. Then later this year, water rates will increase because the water companies will lose revenue from the water rationing.
  • sarahg148
    sarahg148 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    NORM!!!!!! You NEED something to look forward to so you're days go by! I'm coming out of my slump because I am excited to move soon! Now I'm just moving an hour south down to Westchester...but I have more of a life down there and can make changes! If you STILL feel this way when Spring comes along...then DO something about it! You have a great job where I'm sure you could transfer or find something where you like the climate better. I think I'm just getting in a better mood also because the days are getting lighter and we turn the clocks ahead this Sat!!! More daylight!!! F the cold! It'll be getting warmer and warmer soon! Keep up with the gym and working out. You eat well, maybe you just need a new hobby? Something to keep you busy and your mind off of this **** Winter. I personally wouldn't want to live out there...weather, as you stated. This was a hell of a Winter in NY, so if it was like this EVERY year...I'd def find somebody to move with me...maybe Cali or S. Carolina. :flowerforyou:
  • GBrady43068
    GBrady43068 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    There are stupid people everywhere.

The west gets earthquakes (California) and/or scorching heat in some places (Arizona/New Mexico/Nevada)...nothing to do in others (Utah).

The south gets flooding (Louisiana,Florida), swamps (Georgia), and hurricane along the coast.

The midwest ain't so bad..other than the cold :grumble: