Anyone giving up something for lent?

Options

Replies

• sillyvalentine
    sillyvalentine Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I am giving up on giving up foods for stupid reasons.
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    I'm giving up lent! :noway:
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    I'm giving up detoxes/cleanses!:laugh: :laugh:
  • ChaplainHeavin
    ChaplainHeavin Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Isn't what you decide to give up supposed to be just between you and God?

Yes
  • littleburgy
    littleburgy Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Oh here come the snarky comments. All of which are totally respectful, completely original and have never been heard before. :|
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    I am going to add a devotional practice, such as a daily meditation or asana practice.

Me, too :) I usually give something up, but doing something like that every single day will probably prove harder for me.
  • robinxhope
    robinxhope Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I agree! The time is hard to give up.
  • lambchoplewis1
    lambchoplewis1 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I am going to give up alcohol! I am not a huge drinker as is, but those calories can certainly add up without realizing it!

Good luck everyone :)

I am right there with u!! Too much wine. I am on board with the lent promise
  • TattooedNici
    TattooedNici Posts: 2,141 Member
    Options
    I'm giving up my sanity for Lent.
  • heikejacob4
    heikejacob4 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Dinner and/or eating after 3:30pm. Good luck everyone!

You're giving up a meal?! :noway:

EDIT: By the way, giving up sleeping in! Which for me, means getting up at 8:30 :blushing:
  • dgeorgiadis
    dgeorgiadis Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Salty snacks.
  • wildrose53
    wildrose53 Posts: 1,342 Member
    Options
    I talked to my mom about this, and she said I can't give up smoking for lent because I don't smoke so looks like it's chocolate!
  • catwink
    catwink Posts: 5
    Options
    I have decided to give up Chips and French Frys. These are my most fav foods. Thinking that by giving them up I learn to eat healthier snacks and replace the FF's with a healthier choice when eating out.
  • shapefitter
    shapefitter Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    htgmg gd tgdd tp dcdanj
  • pmr545
    pmr545 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I've been giving up candy, desserts and in between meal snacks for years. When I want a snack... I think lent.... turning my thoughts to God. And when the Triduum arrives, I am anxious for Easter. Works for me.
  • wenshel7
    wenshel7 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    So glad to have found this post. I was going to just give up sweets and treats, but after reading I think I will do that and replace those craving moments with the daily Bible or other Christian reading to help me focus on the WHY of Lent. I'm not catholic, but do believe that the practice of Lent can cross all denominations as a way to give our Spiritual walk a re-boot, getting back to His Sacrifice as the benchmark. :smile:

I'm giving up Diet Dr. Pepper as part of this, which is always a super tough one for me. Any extra prayers would be so appreciated!
  • lublue
    lublue Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I'm going to give up puddings! I've got into the bad habit of needing something sweet after my meals, going to take the opportunity to stop this haha
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Smoked salmon - one of my favorite foods - too much sodium
  • Asheea
    Asheea Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Nay. I don't feel anything is coming between my relationship with God so there's nothing for me to give up. I have my quite devotional time with Him every day but I will focus on His sacrifice and His gift to us in Lent. Lent is like Advent. It's preparing my heart and mind for the big event.