49g of fat
127g protien

Is it normal for those numbers?
I'm 5'5 21years old and 125 pounds
I've never seen anyone carbs that low be for though so I'm a little confused

Replies

• gypsyone96
    Options
    WOAH. How did you calculate your macros because your calories are WAYYYY to low (should be around 1700~1800).
    Try using the IIFYM calculator to get your macros, that one is very accurate.
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    1270 calories definitely seems low. What did you use to calculate your calorie goal?

As far as macros, your protein is higher than you need it to be. Set protein at 0.82g per lb of body weight which for you would be 103g. Your fat goal is about right on at 49g, then you can just fill the remaining calories with carbs and you're good to go.
  • fizzanda
    fizzanda Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I too am 21 5'5" and weigh 129lbs!

Calories-1200
    Protien- 45g
    Carbs-165g
    Fat-40g

That's probably all sorts of incorrect but it's what MFP gave me and I've lost 2-3lbs per week on it so far.

Although looking at them compared to yours my protein seems really too low & carbs too high.
  • fizzanda
    Options
    Ok iifym calculator just gave me

Calories-1487
    Fat-51.6
    Carbs-140.8
    Protien- 114.8

I am nervous about changing it since I have been losing on what MFP gave me! I know I've seen the millions of threads that say "eat more to weigh less" but if the 1200 calories work does that still apply? I'm sorry to hijack I'm just so confused now lol!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Hey guys ! New to IIFYM, here are my macros
    1270cal
    79g carbs
    49g of fat
    127g protien

why are you on 1200 cals when you are 5ft5 and 125lbs? you dont need to lose weight. if you are not happy with your figure you probably just need to lose a little bodyfat to 'tone up' - to do that you only need a small deficit and some heavy lifting, starving yourself will just make you more squishy.
  • ruffnstuff
    ruffnstuff Posts: 400 Member
    Options

Calories-1487
    Fat-51.6
    Carbs-140.8
    Protien- 114.8

I am nervous about changing it since I have been losing on what MFP gave me! I know I've seen the millions of threads that say "eat more to weigh less" but if the 1200 calories work does that still apply? I'm sorry to hijack I'm just so confused now lol!

Maybe split the difference? Anyhow, with your stats, 2-3 lbs lost each week is much too quick (but I get how great it is to see such a loss!). I'm guessing you must be close to goal. Most "experts" would say your weight loss should actually be around .5 lb per week.
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Hey guys ! New to IIFYM, here are my macros
    1270cal
    79g carbs
    49g of fat
    127g protien

Pick another option on there to lose - looks like you've went for 'reckless' or custom made your own loss to get such a low carb result.
  • fizzanda
    Options

Calories-1487
    Fat-51.6
    Carbs-140.8
    Protien- 114.8

Maybe split the difference? Anyhow, with your stats, 2-3 lbs lost each week is much too quick (but I get how great it is to see such a loss!). I'm guessing you must be close to goal. Most "experts" would say your weight loss should actually be around .5 lb per week.

Thank you! I think I will try that and see what happens. I started out at 135 so yes it's definitely exciting to see such a loss lol! My goal is around 120, but after reading all the info on here I'm not sure if I should get down that low or just worry about strength training and "tone up."

One more question: the numbers IIFYM gave me already include my exercise 3x per week? Because I am eating back my exercise calories right now, so I eat 1400-1500 on the days I do exercise....