100 pounds to lose.

Options

Replies

• Pookiesan
    Options
    I need to lose a total of 108 pounds. I am down 25. I have about 80 to go.
    I would like to lose about 40 by the beginning of June. I know it is not an impossible task , and have done it before, but stress made me gain about half of it back. (I like to eat when I am stressed)
    I just have been lacking in serious motivation for a while. But if you want friend me and I will take this journey with you on loosing that 50 pounds by end of June :).
  • onmyway57
    onmyway57 Posts: 22
    Options
    Hi 100 for me I have been on this journey for 3 weeks and 4 days. I have taken this trip many times in my life so this time decided to change a few things. I always made this about how much weight I could loose and how fast. This time I weighed to begin with and set myself a goal not to get back on the scales for 3 months. What made me slip slide was the making a mistake and eating wrong only to fall of the diet because of the weight gain. So if I fall I can recoup the error and not know the out come. I have to learn how to change my eating habits. Make this about a new begin not a redo.
  • kazzyv
    kazzyv Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Yes me too. I have about 100 lb to lose. If I count the number of diets I have gone on over the years I have lost this much several times over but this time I am very determined to do this and keep the weight off. I am getting older and am getting concerned about the health problems and possible arthritis, hip replacements knees and things.

I think logging food every day helps as you start to see patterns and you also realise things you thought were pretty good for you are actually a problem !

I am trying to increase my activity as well but with a full time office job and 2 hours of commuting every day its not easy to fit it in. But I shall keep trying. I have lost a lot in my first week but I know it will be slower from here on in - but I am aiming for 4lbs a week - as when I went to a slimming club this was what we were told was a healthy amount to lose a week. I also know once I get closer to my goal it will also slow up....see I have done it all before, know all the theory.... still struggling !

I am setting myself interim goals as 100lbs seems such a big hill to climb so my first milestone is to lose 10% of my starting weight so 24lbs off is my current target.

If anyone wants to add me as a friend I would be happy to be supportive.
  • onmyway57
    Options
    How do you do the scale graph?
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    It has taken me over a year to lose what I have. Its great to set small goals for yourself, but try not to worry about how much time it will take over all.
  • aly1103
    aly1103 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have 120 pounds to lose. I believe tracking your food and making a plan is key. Keep in mind that you will have setbacks...they are part of the journey...just pick yourself up and get back on track. I have lost and gained 87 pounds in the past...if I would have stayed with the tracking I dont think I would be here again...UGH. Best of luck!!!
  • ncwolf70
    ncwolf70 Posts: 7
    Options
    My long term goal is to lose 100 pounds. I'm drinking lots of water, cut out the sodas, soft drinks etc. I'm logging everything I eat (as best I can) & doing at least 20 minutes a day 5 days a week on a recumbent exercise bike.
  • onmyway57
    Options
    Would like to be your friend I also have a two hour drive per day. The family purchased a treadmill and I have challenged myself to do 30 minutes 5 times a week.
  • onmyway57
    Options
    Mamadon I have also set myself a year goal one day at a time
  • aprilflower18232
    aprilflower18232 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    100 pounds lost (almost) and 100 pounds to go!!
  • Leah_Alexis
    Leah_Alexis Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I'm almost at 100lbs lost. It's been quite a battle but rewarding at the same time. My ultimate goal is to lose 125lbs and anything beyond that would be amazing. Welcome to add me.
  • Jeannie710
    Options
    I need to lose 70 pounds. Would love a buddy/support/suggestions.
  • skb2014
    skb2014 Posts: 1
    Options
    I'M looking to lose 50 by June and total 103 as well. Suffered foot injury march 9 last year and it stopped me in my tracks. Started gaining again. Had foot surgery in December and am still needing surgery on other foot so my activity is still limited somewhat due to pain and healing. I wish you luck!
  • msreg08
    msreg08 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Omg seeing this post and reading your testimonials is sooooooo inspiring!! Thank each and every one of you for sharing your stories. Feel free to send friend requests id love st keep in touch with you all
  • toad_allyinlove
    toad_allyinlove Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I have/had a 100 pounds to lose. lost 32 of them been going at it for about 130 days. I didn't place a time frame on my lose because I didn't want to get discouraged and quite as long I'm losing and the scale and inches are going down I'm good. Feel free to add me
  • AlmightyAce
    AlmightyAce Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I too am trying to lose 100lbs. I never thought I could stick to a diet type plan because I had always failed in the past. I started MFP on February 6th and have lost 10lbs since then. I would love to help you on your journey here. Feel free to add me (and anyone else reading this too!) Best of luck to you. :)
  • RoyaltyThick
    RoyaltyThick Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    im on the same mission, just had a baby 5 weeks ago and gained alotttttt of weight for my 4'11 body so add me and we can support each other.
  • lisalouski
    Options
    First - Congrats on changing your life! I have lost 57 pounds Since April, 2013, and it is a daily battle.

It would come off faster if I exercised more.
    I kick started by not eating carbs for a week and lost 8 pounds fast. I ate lean protein and stopped drinking regular soda.
    Try to drink 1/2 of your weight in water oz daily - example if you weigh 200 pounds, try to drink 100oz. This curbs your appetite and also helps flush the bad out and allows your muscles and cells to function optimally.

I am trying now to stop drinking diet soda - too much salt, and caffeine.

Don't get down on yourself for not following your plan perfectly.
  • msreg08
    msreg08 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    First - Congrats on changing your life! I have lost 57 pounds Since April, 2013, and it is a daily battle.

It would come off faster if I exercised more.
    I kick started by not eating carbs for a week and lost 8 pounds fast. I ate lean protein and stopped drinking regular soda.
    Try to drink 1/2 of your weight in water oz daily - example if you weigh 200 pounds, try to drink 100oz. This curbs your appetite and also helps flush the bad out and allows your muscles and cells to function optimally.

I am trying now to stop drinking diet soda - too much salt, and caffeine.

Don't get down on yourself for not following your plan perfectly.
    Wow, great advice! Thanks :)
  • stephiejean37
    stephiejean37 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I started in April, with 165 pounds to lose. I have lost 55 so far, so I still have just over 100 to go. It has been going great so far for me, and I cant wait to get to the 100 pound mark! I just will feel so proud to say I lost 100 pounds. And then when I got to the 165 pounds lost I will be able to say that I literally lost half my weight. I WILL GET THERE!