Addicted to buying workout clothes!!

Options
Does anyone else have an addiction to buying workout clothes?

I love finding good deals and can't stop buying stuff. I also think it motivates me to workout just so I can wear it.

What is your favorite find?

Replies

• footiechick82
    footiechick82 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    I'm the exact same way... if I can find an outfit for $50 or less, I HAVE to buy it :-/

I think I'm starting to own more workout pants than any other kind! :laugh:
  • Phaedra2014
    Phaedra2014 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    Nope. Not at all. I prefer to spend it on really good food.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    Everyone is just addicted to everything these days....

I do buy quite a bit in the way of fitness gear, but I'd not really call it an addiction...more like paying for my hobbies
  • DaveMurphy6
    DaveMurphy6 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Exactly
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    Same here. I haven't bought an article of "real" clothing in almost a year. It's all been trainers, micro shorts, sports bras, running tights and windbreakers.
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    I want to get some nice new work out gear

Suggestions ?
  • sillyshamrock11
    sillyshamrock11 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Me too!! I've been obsessed with yoga pants and fun tanks. Mainly because these are things I could've never worn a year ago. I need another dresser just to store it all, lol. :laugh:

10502468.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • Happymom83
    Happymom83 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    :laugh: This is so me...I love getting a good deal! I mostly shop at Kohls, TJ Maxx, and Ross. And yes, I agree it motivates me to workout:happy:
  • CassandraBurgos83
    CassandraBurgos83 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    lol..Me too! I live in my workout gear according to my husband :)
  • lov0224
    lov0224 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I love buying workout clothes!!! I really like the tuff athletics brand at costco. They wash beautifully and they are reasonably priced too!
  • FreshKrisKreash
    FreshKrisKreash Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    ME TOO! I practically live in them now.

The other day I tried on a bunch of clothes and the only stuff I was comfortable in were the workout clothes. haha
    I just bought 2 cute workout tees for $2 each and a ridiculously cute workout top with the back cut out with little frills for $7.50. I can't help myself.
  • plumsparkle
    plumsparkle Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Primark have just started doing work out clothing and every time i go in i end up buying something else!
  • basowner
    basowner Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    whew, thought I was the only one! I need to buy some REAL clothes but then get distracted by the fun colors.
  • Buddhasmiracle
    Buddhasmiracle Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    I can't say it's an addiction, but i buy cycling stuff and gear. Clothing to layer with for cold weather riding, bike shoes, toe clips, summer tops and bottoms, derailleurs. Clothing I buy as a treat. Bike parts I buy because I need them. I did get carried away buying bikes though-- I have four of them, but like I tell my husband, it's better than I closet filled with shoes. :tongue:
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I love work out clothes. I hit TJMaxx up almost once a week-but I try not to- they have SO much good stuff. FABULOUS pants- all the time.

I have so many neon/stripped pairs of pants- it's amazing.

I'm not addicted- but I much prefer work out clothes over work clothes. or hang out clothes. that crap sucks- I just want to live in my work out stuff.

I'm a junkie- since I'm at the dance studio 4 days a week- and then I lift 3-5 times a week- I think I have more workout clothes than NON workout clothes LOL
  • Jason3589
    Jason3589 Posts: 734
    Options
    I buy most of mine from Sports Direct
  • Leadfoot_Lewis
    Leadfoot_Lewis Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    Addiction-no. But it is really nice to have a Sister In Law that works for Nike. :smile: The discounts are great plus I love their clothing and shoes.
  • Inkratlet
    Inkratlet Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I do have a lot of workout clothes but it's not really an addiction. I have a larger than necessary collection of trainers though - aside from my lifting shoes (which are my pride and joy)
  • BlueAngelChar
    BlueAngelChar Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    I AM!!! I've actually spent a small fortune in the Nike Store because i can literally fit into anything I want and as an ex fatty! that feels amazing!!!

I love funky workout gear, makes me feel good If I look good! The Stella McCartney Adidas range I LOVE!!
  • srsly_sarah
    srsly_sarah Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I also love buying workout clothes! I got super motivated when all of my size Large pants started falling off during gym classes! I'm still waiting to buy smaller sports bras, though :(

I think that there is something to having clothes that make you feel confident at the gym or running around the neighborhood.

For the person who asked for ideas on places to buy, I love Fabletics. I got my first outfit half off. Since then, I've purchased two more. TJ Maxx has some good stuff, too. When I was in college, I preferred tank tops, but now that I'm a little older and want some more coverage, I have found some great cotton V necks at Kohls from the Sonoma Collection. I buy them a little bit large. If I'm going to a yoga class or something with bending, I wear a tank under it. If I'm just walking on the treadmill or jogging in the neighborhood, I wear it alone.