No Eggs

Options
What can I substitute for eggs? I am allergic to eggs of all things. I was told eggs for breakfast is good for you, but since I can't have it...is there some kind of cereal or something else I can substitute for the protein?

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Bacon!
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    Any of Greek yogurt, cottage cheese, steak, ground beef, pork, chicken, or fish plus a salad and a glass of milk
  • 1pandabear
    1pandabear Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I compared:
    1 egg ~77cal and 7.5g protein
    1c soymilk (plain) ~100cal and 7g protein

I like soymilk from Silk and it is fortified with calcium and has omega 3 fats. All good.
    I hope this helps.
  • samspam1023
    samspam1023 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm allergic to eggs too! I was diagnosed about 6 months ago but I've had digestive issues for years. I've found that starting with vegan recipes and adding dairy (and meat if you eat it) is a good solution.

My favorite breakfasts include:
    - scrambled tofu with veggies, usually in a breakfast burrito with cheese and salsa
    - papas with cheese and green chile sauce (basically spicy hash browns...New Mexican food is the best!)
    - English muffin with almond or peanut butter and apple slices
    - Oatmeal with fruit (though it usually leaves me hungry so I'll have some cheese or yogurt on the side for protein)
    - Green smoothies (my favorite uses almond milk, almond butter, frozen banana, flax meal, cocoa powder, and baby kale)

Also, if you're baking, flax meal mixed with water is a great substitute for eggs in cookies, muffins, and breads. Adds some good Omega-3 fats too. The powder Ener-G (which you also mix with water) is good in cakes and can be whipped like egg whites for batters.
  • 1pandabear
    1pandabear Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I'm allergic to eggs too! I was diagnosed about 6 months ago but I've had digestive issues for years. I've found that starting with vegan recipes and adding dairy (and meat if you eat it) is a good solution.

- scrambled tofu with veggies, usually in a breakfast burrito with cheese and salsa
    - papas with cheese and green chile sauce (basically spicy hash browns...New Mexican food is the best!)
    - Oatmeal with fruit (though it usually leaves me hungry so I'll have some cheese or yogurt on the side for protein)
    - Green smoothies (my favorite uses almond milk, almond butter, frozen banana, flax meal, cocoa powder, and baby kale)

Also, if you're baking, flax meal mixed with water is a great substitute for eggs in cookies, muffins, and breads. Adds some good Omega-3 fats too. The powder Ener-G (which you also mix with water) is good in cakes and can be whipped like egg whites for batters.

This is a great list!
  • UnicornOreos
    Options
    This is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    left overs.

I eat left overs.
    and cereal.
    and bacon
    oatmeal
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    I'd suggest a small portion of steak, bacon, or greek yogurt with some chia seeds.
  • Ketzalitzli
    Ketzalitzli Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    My daughter is allergic to eggs so we don't even buy them. Instead for her I make oatmeal with fruit mixed in. Tofu is a good choice too because it takes on the flavors of anything you add to it. So like breakfast burritos instead of egg, I scramble up some tofu with low fat cheese, bacon bits or whatever kind of meat you like. Or you can also use mashed potatoes inside your breakfast burritos and works just as good.

I also found this website that helped me when I'm at a loss for what to make that doesn't have eggs in it.

http://www.egglesscooking.com/

http://www.egglesscooking.com/recipe-index/
  • UnicornOreos
    Options
    Thanks so much!!!!!:happy: You guys are giving me great infomration!!!!!
  • kwantlen2051
    kwantlen2051 Posts: 455 Member
    Options

Thanks for the great tips!
  • ddslowly
    ddslowly Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    i'm also allergic to chicken eggs (and every other aspect of chickens). my doctor suggested non-chicken eggs. i do fine with duck, quail, and goose eggs. you may want to ask your doctor about that.
    i usually do oatmeal with dried fruits and some sort of nut. tofu is great for imitating scrambled eggs. i also like beans with tomatoes/salsa and cheese over hashbrowns.
  • enchantedgardener
    enchantedgardener Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Eggs are a great breakfast food because they're high in protein and keep you feeling full.

Lots of good suggestions so far, but I'll add a few more:
    - baked beans and toast
    - Canadian bacon (back bacon or peameal bacon) and sliced tomatoes
    - sauteed peppers, onions, and black beans with salsa and cheese
    - smoothies with protein powder added
    - cottage cheese and fruit