HAMBURGER ROLL-UPS?

Options
amymeenieminymo
amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
My mom used to make what she called "hamburger roll ups" that I loved and would like to make but my dad cannot find the recipie. It kind of looked like a big cinnabon, except it was bread dough and ground beef (I think seasoned with taco seasoning or something). As far as I can remember she took a section of the bread dough, sprinkled broken up gound beef and then rolled it up, baked it and then poured cream of mushroom soup over it.

It sounds simple enough but I am unsure of exactly how much dough, how big the sections should be, how much ground beef and what temp and for how long to bake it. Does anyone have any similar recipies?

Replies

• amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    My mom used to make what she called "hamburger roll ups" that I loved and would like to make but my dad cannot find the recipie. It kind of looked like a big cinnabon, except it was bread dough and ground beef (I think seasoned with taco seasoning or something). As far as I can remember she took a section of the bread dough, sprinkled broken up gound beef and then rolled it up, baked it and then poured cream of mushroom soup over it.

It sounds simple enough but I am unsure of exactly how much dough, how big the sections should be, how much ground beef and what temp and for how long to bake it. Does anyone have any similar recipies?
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    my gosh, that sounds delightful
  • Jendaya35
    Jendaya35 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    My mother used to make something similar call hungry boy casserole, she used to make a basic biscuit recipe, rolled out about 1/2 inch thick spread tomato sauce, ground beef, green olives, & slivered almonds onto the biscuit dough. she would then roll it up into a roll (something like a cinnamon roll) and slice off biscuits about 1 inch and lay them onto pork and beans mixed with the same ingrediants that you topped the dough with and bake it. I am not sure if that helps any, but it can give you a basic idea on what to do with your recipe.:smile:
  • Jendaya35
    Jendaya35 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    oh yeah I would bake it at 450 for about 30 minutes