Problems with loudmouths in the gym

Options
Of_Monsters_and_Meat
Of_Monsters_and_Meat Posts: 1,022 Member
My girlfriend asked me to go to her gym with her. I normally go to my own and we do our separate routines. This is the first time I got to work out with her. Everything started out ok. I did not realize how good she was at her routine. Pretty soon there was some words of encouragement, which is common at my gym, so I didn't think much of it. Soon it go louder and louder, till it was a few woops and hollers. Then when she got near her max, "come on go go go!" , "One more, you got one more in you!" and "<expletive> yeah! get it you bad <expletive> <expletive>" She was pretty annoyed by all the commotion in an otherwise quiet gym. Several other gym goers ended up moving away and a few were giving side long dirty looks. After working out was pretty annoyed and commented on the loudmouth in the gym. You see, I was that loudmouth.
Now she wants me to make it up to her, I think not because I was just being supportive.
Should I be more quiet, and not encourage her with 110% of what I got?

Replies

• Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    So YOU were the loudmouth? I'd be annoyed if I went to that gym. Thank God my gym is relatively quiet!
  • 19TaraLynn84
    19TaraLynn84 Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    You should totally be more quiet! Lol! You probably embarrassed her as well as annoying her. But nice try with being supportive, though. You get a B for that effort.
  • AmyP619
    AmyP619 Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    you should yell a little louder and smack her a@@ for that extra bit of encouragement. What a great boyfriend! She is very lucky to have you. :flowerforyou:
  • Of_Monsters_and_Meat
    Options
    Yes. I normally go to a very small gym. Its mostly "curl bros" and a few others. Its pretty common to be shouting out sets and words of encouragement, and some of the guys show how to do things properly. I don't see why more people don't do this.
  • RobsGirl_lds
    Options
    I stopped working out with a partner because those encouraging words actually distract me. If you want to be loud don't work out with her. Shrug*
  • _MG_
    _MG_ Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Each Gym has it's own "code" and atmosphere.
  • tyrsnbdr
    tyrsnbdr Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    tell the gym to turn up thier crappy music. Then they can complain about other things and you won't be that loud.
  • SugarBaby71
    SugarBaby71 Posts: 3,630 Member
    Options
    She's a great woman for allowing you time to write this post before killing you.
  • 19TaraLynn84
    19TaraLynn84 Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    She's a great woman for allowing you time to write this post before killing you.

Lol!
  • headofphat
    headofphat Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Aside from your girl i think you were pretty inconsiderate of others in the gym. It isn't your home gym so keep in mind that you may be annoying other people.
  • ruffnstuff
    ruffnstuff Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Troll attempt appears to be successful (if the point is to fool people into answering seriously). :drinker:
  • KrazyDaizy
    KrazyDaizy Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend did this to me, too, at the gym. I didn't mind it. My husband, however, was really pissed.

Two thumbs up to you for a great effort of encouragement :flowerforyou:
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    you should yell a little louder and smack her a@@ for that extra bit of encouragement. What a great boyfriend! She is very lucky to have you. :flowerforyou:

THIS is why we are friends!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • anj1030
    anj1030 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend did this to me, too, at the gym. I didn't mind it. My husband, however, was really pissed.

Two thumbs up to you for a great effort of encouragement :flowerforyou:

NICE!
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options

there you go again....you *promised* you wouldn't tell anyone about us!
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Next time express your encouragement through Post-It Notes.
  • tworthen79
    tworthen79 Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Maybe bring que cards with encouraging gestures and vulgarity and stand there in front of her tossing them over your head with each statement. Or bring pom poms and jump quietly!
  • Of_Monsters_and_Meat
    Options
    Thank you for those who are being supportive. I am just going to keep being real and bringing it. I shouldn't have to hide who I am.

*misspelled a word.
  • KrazyDaizy
    KrazyDaizy Posts: 815 Member
    Options

there you go again....you *promised* you wouldn't tell anyone about us!
    Oopsie!
    oops.gif