Just needing accountability!

Options
Getting back into my fitness routine which I have been out of for about a year. I struggle with doing it on my own but I want to make a real go of it this time! Anyone, everyone, help keep me on track.... PLEASE! :)

Replies

• ShayShayFletch
    ShayShayFletch Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Would love to have another fitness pal! you can add me if you like :)

Good luck
  • Mystic0310
    Mystic0310 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I appreciate that very much!
  • ShayShayFletch
    Options
    You are very welcome! This site is so awesome and welcoming, I love it. I just started back last week after being gone so long and it feels great. Made lots of new friends who are motivating as well. I don't think I could do it alone. I love making new pals and encouraging to be encouraged. We can do this. I have about 23 lbs to go but im here to stay until its gone

:smile: :happy: :smile: :happy:
  • Mystic0310
    Options
    It feels so good to already have support! Good luck with your goal! I'll be here for you too!
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me. I'm on here daily

Hopefully you'll be back in routine in no time
  • JacqueJo
    JacqueJo Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Sent you a friend request! I need accountability too. :)
  • Mystic0310
    Options
    Thank you all SO much!
  • emuravyeva
    emuravyeva Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm around every day :)
  • lbarbosa87
    lbarbosa87 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi Mystic! Congratulations on getting back on track! What are some of your goals that you would like to accomplish? I recently started back up myself. My goal is weight loss and for the first time I surprised myself in what I could accomplish with just really tracking what i was eating. I think tracking what you eat everyday (no matter how bad it was) is a great way to stay on track. To be honest I haven't really followed any type of "diet" just increased my veggies and watched what I ate and always try to stay within my daily caloric goal. My trainer said the best diet is the "everything in moderation" diet. I really can't agree anymore with that. Of course it is always great to eat "clean" but planning out when you would like to eat your vices whether it be chocolates, pizza, pastas, alcohol is what keeps me sane. For example, I know Saturdays and Sundays are always days I like to go out with my bf and eat, so I plan on keeping my meals before the high caloric meal I am having to avoid going overboard. If I go out to dinner on a Saturday night I keep my breakfast and lunch and snack between (200-300 calories per meal) because I already assume my dinner will come out to over 800 calories. I also make sure I have a good workout in before going out and also the following day. Same thing goes with going out on a Sunday for brunch, make sure the meals the rest of your day are small and clean and also make sure to do some cardio later in the day if you do decide to indulge.

Bottom line: increase your veggies, track your food, plan your cheat "meals" (meals not a whole day of junk) and try to move everyday! I hope this advice can help you too!
  • Mystic0310
    Options
    Great advice! Mainly, I would like to get myself toned again and get rid of about 10 lbs of flab. I don't really plan to diet, just make sure I'm making smart choices in my meals.

Thanks so much!
  • ShayShayFletch
    Options
    Awesome advice! :happy: :smile:
    Hi Mystic! Congratulations on getting back on track! What are some of your goals that you would like to accomplish? I recently started back up myself. My goal is weight loss and for the first time I surprised myself in what I could accomplish with just really tracking what i was eating. I think tracking what you eat everyday (no matter how bad it was) is a great way to stay on track. To be honest I haven't really followed any type of "diet" just increased my veggies and watched what I ate and always try to stay within my daily caloric goal. My trainer said the best diet is the "everything in moderation" diet. I really can't agree anymore with that. Of course it is always great to eat "clean" but planning out when you would like to eat your vices whether it be chocolates, pizza, pastas, alcohol is what keeps me sane. For example, I know Saturdays and Sundays are always days I like to go out with my bf and eat, so I plan on keeping my meals before the high caloric meal I am having to avoid going overboard. If I go out to dinner on a Saturday night I keep my breakfast and lunch and snack between (200-300 calories per meal) because I already assume my dinner will come out to over 800 calories. I also make sure I have a good workout in before going out and also the following day. Same thing goes with going out on a Sunday for brunch, make sure the meals the rest of your day are small and clean and also make sure to do some cardio later in the day if you do decide to indulge.

Bottom line: increase your veggies, track your food, plan your cheat "meals" (meals not a whole day of junk) and try to move everyday! I hope this advice can help you too!
  • tonileigh820
    tonileigh820 Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    Great advice! Mainly, I would like to get myself toned again and get rid of about 10 lbs of flab. I don't really plan to diet, just make sure I'm making smart choices in my meals.

Thanks so much!

Welcome! I'm right there with you. I have about 10 pounds to lose and I mainly just wanna tone up and be healthier overall. To me, a diet is temporary. I just wanna start making better choices overall that will continue once my goal is reached. Logging has really helped me to be more aware of my decisions and I am slowly learning how to make better ones!

Feel free to add me.
  • Christinelmt78
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well.. I'm on here a few times a day