Lent anyone?

Options

Replies

• didislim
    didislim Posts: 30
    Options
    I am catholic and I am giving up meat and chicken on fridays and wednesdays but alcohol, chocolate and possibly pastries/ sweets completely for Lent.
  • eismee4
    eismee4 Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm giving up TV and trying to exercise during that time instead...... We shall see! Hummm - TV only while on the treadmill? LOL! Good luck everyone with your goals!
  • msthang444
    msthang444 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    it's tough giving up sweets. I usually self-sabotage. for example... I gave up pepsi and substituted Sunny D. I gave up whataburger and ate nachos. See how that's not really beneficial? ..... lol
  • msthang444
    Options
    i think tv and treadmill is a good idea. even if you're just walking, force yourself to walk while you watch. by the end of your favorite show you've walked for an hour!!!
  • msthang444
    Options
    krawhitham - that's a good one.... alcohol....
  • SnowWhiteFanatic
    SnowWhiteFanatic Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I think I'm going to give up frozen yogurt. Dark chocolate almond is just wayyyyy to addicting!
  • loves86
    loves86 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I am giving up alcohol, smoking (I only smoke when I drink so they go hand in hand) and fast food

I'm Catholic, but havent participated in it for years, so im anxious to actually do it and stick to it!
  • heikejacob4
    heikejacob4 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm giving up sleeping in! Which for me means getting up at 8:30 every morning instead of just 4 out of 7 ...
  • unicornsRjerks
    Options
    giving up processed food. going its hard when you are working with food stamps. :(
  • kimmieb2u
    kimmieb2u Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    "This is a sacrifice, I'm not giving up something that is bad for me, I'm giving up something that I'll seriously miss." Hey, I totally get it! Giving up something that gives great comfort, whatever it is, *is* a SACRIFICE! Good for you and be encouraged!
  • Magic_Chicken
    Magic_Chicken Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    every year my mum gives up chocolate for lent and drops weight from it. Im thinking of trying lent this year but for me giving up chocolate isnt really a challenge, im thinking of giving up crisps as I crave them all the time and sometime eat like 3 packs in a day.
  • xoxMelissa
    Options
    I'm giving up fizzy drinks and naps!
    I sleep way too much, and I'm sure there are a tonne of unhealthy chemicals in the diet drinks I have.
  • novembersuse
    novembersuse Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I'm giving up sweet things! No sweets, chocolate, ice-cream, sugary drinks, biscuits cakes etc.

Although it is only day 1....
  • PriscillaLaine
    PriscillaLaine Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I'm (like most years) giving up bread! It's seriously my biggest vice.

About 5/6 years ago I gave up meat for lent and never looked back. Best thing I've done!
  • charissh
    charissh Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I'm giving up desserts. It's gonna be hard on a weekend not having any cheesecake but I think it'll save me a good few calories :)
  • Onyikwu
    Onyikwu Posts: 2
    Options
    I used to be catholic but not anymore due to marriage though i remain one @heart.
    im giving up bread, rice, sugar, alchohol, beef, chicken and fizzy drinks. i pray i can do this, im going to try that with all d strenght in me.
    I love bread!!!
  • shartran
    shartran Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I'm giving up giving up

LOL
  • gabbymom2
    gabbymom2 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I am Catholic and I thimk its more doable to focus on gving up one item or one class. I am giving up " the white devil" which is bread, sugar, ect. Good luck.
  • EdTheGinge
    EdTheGinge Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    I'm giving up giving up

Ooooops somebody beat me to it
  • SephiraRose
    SephiraRose Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    I'm catholic and I will abstain from meat today and all Fridays of lent. Going to give up pizza too. And trying to pray the Rosary every day. Blessings to all.