Will protein shakes accelerate weight loss, increase metabol

2»

Replies

• If you are undereating with protein it could definitely help and if you replace the calories of something else with protein then you may lose more weight because protein has a 'higher thermic effect' which means you burn more calories digesting protein than carbs or fats.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,142 Member
    Calories in, calories out, yes. BUT, you're better off eating 500 calories worth of protein than it is to eat 500 calories of carbs. Why? Blood sugar and insulin spikes. So what? It's the difference between your body burning the fuel you ate or drank versus stored fat. IMO, based on my personal results.
    Protein spikes insulin. Consuming carbs are also protein sparing, not to mention carbs will never get stored as fat while in a deficit........based on science.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    Calories in, calories out, yes. BUT, you're better off eating 500 calories worth of protein than it is to eat 500 calories of carbs. Why? Blood sugar and insulin spikes. So what? It's the difference between your body burning the fuel you ate or drank versus stored fat. IMO, based on my personal results.
    Protein spikes insulin. Consuming carbs are also protein sparing, not to mention carbs will never get stored as fat while in a deficit........based on science.

Well, two years ago when this post was made that was true...we know differently now in 2014. That guy was a little late on the response.
  • OverDoIt
    OverDoIt Posts: 332 Member
    Protein farts will make you lose weights. I promise, it is true. Be sure to let them go in public as to not be selfish. We as humans should share, I am very big on sharing mine. I share in elevators, the grocery store aisles, with family members, complete strangers etc... Make sure you do it anonymously, it's really tacky to let everyone know how much you share. Think of yourself as a secret santa giving the gift of smell. I hope this helps.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,142 Member

Well, two years ago when this post was made that was true...we know differently now in 2014. That guy was a little late on the response.
    Frack, I missed that one.....lol
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Its protein. Its good for you. It isn't magic-weight-be-gone-POOF . Won't accelerate anything...unless you lace it with speed, or mega caffeine.