What Not to Say to Runners

Options
12346»

Replies

• Natmarie73
    Natmarie73 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I will flip you off every time if you yell out your car window "RUN FORREST RUN!" at me while I am running.

This is when I really wish I had the ability to kill things with my mind.

I wish I had thatall the time, not just while running :)
  • teaparty75
    teaparty75 Posts: 170
    Options
    "Why would you pay that much just to run a race?"

I have gotten this one from my husband LOL!!!
    My bf says this....it grinds my gears
  • PatheticNoetic
    PatheticNoetic Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    It's not so much a thing that is said, but the most annoying thing for me is during races the charity people that stand on corners and have two branded hollow metal tubes that they bang together. I know they're trying to be encouraging and motivational, but really I just want to take that tube and use it as a bludgeoning device.

In face, just the level of patronising going on from spectators. Perhaps I'm just an overly negative person, but someone going "yeah, you can do it!" at me really doesn't help.

I had a friend in a race once and to cheer him on, I shouted , 'Suffa in yah jocks ya ****head!"
  • suncluster
    suncluster Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    "Why are you running? It's so bad for your knees"

Yeah and typing is bad for my wrists. Hmm..wonder why I never hear that
  • edwardkim85
    edwardkim85 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    HOW ARE YOU STILL FAT IF YOU CAN RUN A MARATHON?
  • AllyCatXandi
    AllyCatXandi Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    When your friends describe you to other people as "a marathon runner" when the longest event you've been in was 20km :grumble: It's like they're being insulting to the amazing people who DO run marathons!
  • yogicarl
    yogicarl Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    "Need a lift?"
  • IronPhyllida
    IronPhyllida Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    So you're doing a Half Ironman. Why only Half? Do the whole one. Brilliant idea....
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    lol. love it.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Today.. from a man who was not running and was quite rotund... after I had ran 2 miles straight.. (which for me is good! I'm still a beginner!)

"Why'd you stop? is that all ya got? Come on you can do 1 more lap!"

It was all I could do not not sneer and say "you first"
  • Hadabetter
    Hadabetter Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    Is that your long run?
  • happysummerrunner
    happysummerrunner Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    You know those 26.2 stickers.... it took me forever to figure out they were about running. Not till I saw a 13.1 sticker and then I was like- hey that's half marathon... oh! I felt silly.

Love that list! Here's one I heard (at a time when I was at a good weight and not trying to lose weight) - "you're so skinny, you don't need to exercise/ run!" I guess the person thought exercise was only for losing weight. :noway: