The Canned Beans Industry Is a Fraud

Options
So my can of black beans always says "Serving Size: Half Cup" and claims it has 3.5 servings in the can. I'm lucky if I get a cup of beans out of that. They must be counting the water. Beware of bean fraud, friends.

Replies

• ComradeTovarich
    ComradeTovarich Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Ron Paul tried to warn me about this. Now it's too late.
  • Granville_Cocteau
    Granville_Cocteau Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Ron Paul is right. We need to dismantle the federal government and uphold property rights. Only a libertarian society that promotes competition can lead to better bean values.
  • Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    pretty sure they are counting the water in that. i drain that garbage
  • TingoAcias
    Options
    The tears of angels that they are bathed in weigh, on average, 56-57% more than the beans themselves so it makes sense really. On the up side, the tears are worth, on average, 40-42% more than the cost of the can of beans, so you're coming out ahead.
  • chard_muncher
    chard_muncher Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    They must be pandering to the chili lobbyists who don't drain their beans.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    As a shill for Big Canned Beans, I find this post rather offensive.
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Yeah... down with the bean industry! They shaft you on the solid, overdo it on the liquid, and spread their influence with the gas!

#SeeWhatIDidThere?
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,804 Member
    Options
    pict22.jpg

The proper authorities have been informed.
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Or dont eat beans....
  • janesmith1
    janesmith1 Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    MFP posted that serving sizes are going to change on nutritional labels because serving sizes are a joke currently.

http://blog.myfitnesspal.com/2014/02/6-ways-the-nutrition-facts-label-may-change/

"2. More realistic serving sizes. By law, serving sizes are to be based on what people actually eat not how much they should be consuming, but the current nutrition labels still reflect the smaller portion sizes of 20 years ago. Under the proposed update, serving sizes would aim to be more realistic to what you or I would consume in one sitting. For example, a 20-ounce soda would be 1 serving rather than 2 1/2. - See more at: http://blog.myfitnesspal.com/2014/02/6-ways-the-nutrition-facts-label-may-change/#sthash.c6DIIou0.dpuf"
  • toddis
    toddis Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    I just eat the dried beans...straight out of the bag.