Working out at home

Options
I need to work out at home as I've got a busy schedule and wondering what the best and most effective workout are? Anyone got any suggestions? would be much appreciated :)

Replies

• Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Convict Conditioning by Paul Wade.
    Fetches a price of about $30 on amazon.
    Best investment I've made in 3 years.
  • annamariecoldman
    Options

Thanks I will have a look! Is it hard lol I've not done a workout for a couple of months
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    I need to work out at home as I've got a busy schedule and wondering what the best and most effective workout are? Anyone got any suggestions? would be much appreciated :)

Really depends what you want to achieve, and what other constraints you have about training outside.

Personally for an all round system I'd suggest some form of CV, like running, and some bodyweight resistance training. For the latter I'd suggest You Are Your Own Gym, it's similar in content to convict Conditioning, so the differentiation is largely around delivery style.
  • pzjd09
    pzjd09 Posts: 12
    Options
    I work out at home. It depends on what you want to do. There are a lot of options out there. I use different dvds and online sites like Fitnessblender.com and jessicasmithtv.com. Just requires some weights. Then there is always the option to walk outside. It is low-impact but still great cardio.
  • Betty_Rubble
    Betty_Rubble Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I get pretty good at home workouts in! I just started Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred (8$ at Walmart) and use my treadmill also. Before that I used a set of hand weights and an exercise ball ($20-30 total) and did a full body workout doing lunges, squats, wide squats, deadlifts, pushups, overhead press, lateral raises, and various ab exercises.
  • kateq321
    kateq321 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Fitnessblender is a site I use all the time...it's great - loads of free workouts and a lot of variety. I also find Youtube very good. All you need is a set of dumbells and away you go!!
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    Hiyah
    Apart from the odd spinning class, I do all my work outs at home too. Started off with 30 day shred which you can find on you tube. Lots of exercises are on You tube. I currently use fitness blender.com. great websites lots to chose from. Good luck
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options

Thanks I will have a look! Is it hard lol I've not done a workout for a couple of months

The program gives you 6 exercises with 10 steps each.
    Starting at step 1, my 92 year old grandmother squashed it.
    But once you progress to step 10, in pushups, you'll be doing 1 armed pushups and squashing most guys in the gym.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Fitnessblender is a site I use all the time...it's great - loads of free workouts and a lot of variety. I also find Youtube very good. All you need is a set of dumbells and away you go!!

This...I use fitnessblender all the time for my HIIT workout

I started with JM 30DS...and she has others out too like ripped in 30, extreme shed and shred...you just need a yoga matt and hand weights...

I actually lift at home and instead of paying 800$ for a gym membership this year I am upgrading my equipment with a power cage, new bars and adding in more plates.
  • lambchoplewis1
    lambchoplewis1 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Whatever workout u pick, get up early and get it done. U will have t excuses as the day goes on.
  • wyattj99
    wyattj99 Posts: 454 Member
    Options

Anything on you tube and free. I have lost 60 lbs and only experienced a gym once, didn't care for it at the time so I continue at home.
  • kshadows
    kshadows Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    FitnessBlender.com! It's free :D
  • Tiny_Zg
    Tiny_Zg Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Fitnessblender rocks for me, I've lost 10 kg in 3 months with (mostly)healthy eating within 1300 cal(day, and 30-40 min every day with various workouts. I don't do strict their program 8 week...I workout whatever I want (one day cardio, other abs...third butt...) and it's working for me! And what's also important , it's 100% FREE!!!
    You can start with low impact they also burn quite decent amount of cals.

2 days ago I've included also Leslie Sansone walks at home (I log it as light aerobic) I also burn almost the same amount as with Fitnessblender's cardio ;)
    I also don't pay..downloaded it from Youtube ;)

So I'll be doing for example 3 days in a week Leslie, 3 FB....and one day rest :)
  • disneygallagirl
    disneygallagirl Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Whatever workout u pick, get up early and get it done. U will have t excuses as the day goes on.

^ this....do something you like, whether it is a run outside, bike, workout DVD (lots of good ones from Leslie Sansone to T25 etc) or weights or Zumba Wii. I got a few Leslie Sansone DVDs, cheap from Walmart, they are good. Also the New Rule for Lifting for Women is excellent.
    Good Luck!!!!
  • MamaRiss
    MamaRiss Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I've just started my fitness journey, so I don't have a ton of experience. I've been walking along with Leslie Sansone dvds, and it has been pretty nice. The pace is pretty brisk, and the variety of movement is helps work muscles I've forgotten I have. I like it as a beginner workout. My husband also has me doing a circut of 10 lunges, 10 pushups, 10 squats, 10 crunches, and 10 jumping jacks or side bends, repeted 4-5 times take between 10-15 minutes with no equipment needed
  • Jillian130
    Jillian130 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    As stated earlier, I also use FitnessBlender. Just go to www.fitnessblender.com and open up their full-length videos. There are over 200 to choose from. I've also used www.blogilates.com for awesome pilates workouts and you can also find then on YouTube. Speaking of YouTube, try BeFit Extreme 30. Fabulous series of workouts in 30 days that is along the same lines as JM's videos where its cardio, strength and abs all in circuits. I can even give you the link to get the calendar of workouts if you're interested just lt me know!
    Good luck! Working out at home is FREE and easy to adapt around your schedule.
  • jencroki
    jencroki Posts: 30
    Options
    There so many good at home programs out there that can definitely help...they are not magical you have to do the work and also is a matter of exercising and eating healthy. But in order to know which one is the best option for you, instead of throwing names out there, I would like to know what kind of exercise you like to do? Zumba, kickboxing, mostly cardio, strength training, what are your target areas? lose weight, tone, gain weight etc. What are your goals? Send me a message and we'll go from there. :)
  • stephinator92
    stephinator92 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Utilize YouTube!!!! Also, any BeachBody program is great! I'm doing T25 right now and I love it.