HCG Diet & Exercising?

Options
Good morning,

I just started the HCG injection diet yesterday and I was told to follow a specific diet that does not exceed 500 calories daily with NO exercising. I have some friends that have had great results with this diet so its definitely something I would like to try, however, I've been doing Insanity for about two weeks and wouldn't want to stop. Is it possible to increase my daily calories to let’s say somewhere around 800-1000 daily calories to be able to exercise? Would really appreciate a response.

Thank you.

Replies

• Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    :huh: :huh:
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    Good morning,

I just started the HCG injection diet yesterday and I was told to follow a specific diet that does not exceed 500 calories daily with NO exercising. I have some friends that have had great results with this diet so its definitely something I would like to try, however, I've been doing Insanity for about two weeks and wouldn't want to stop. Is it possible to increase my daily calories to let’s say somewhere around 800-1000 daily calories to be able to exercise? Would really appreciate a response.

Thank you.

That is one heck of a first post. :huh:

HCG? Nope
    500 calories per day? Nope
    800-1000 calories per day? Nope
  • Azchange
    Azchange Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Good morning,

Thank you.

That is one heck of a first post. :huh:

HCG? Nope
    500 calories per day? Nope
    800-1000 calories per day? Nope

Git off my lawn op
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    IXUO5zJ.gif

Bad idea is bad. Awful even.
  • Laurayinz
    Laurayinz Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lya8vjypsK1r2rz91.gif
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    I was eating about 3000 calories on Insanity and losing just fine. 1000 would have killed me.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Bad idea all around
  • P3droS15
    P3droS15 Posts: 10
    Options
    Alright so I came here to ask for advice since obviously I'm struggling with weight loss and all I see is negative comments??? WOW great forum.
  • lwanbaugh81
    lwanbaugh81 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    You will not get positive feedback when posting on the forums about crash dieting or really any other way of losing then following a healthy eating plan and exercise. HCG is a quick fix. Lifestyle change, hard work, and dedication is not but it will last much longer.
    Good luck to you
  • Laurayinz
    Laurayinz Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    The "negative" comments are coming from people who have been here for a while, so please don't brush them off.

There's nothing good about HCG, unless maybe you're the pregnant female it came from.. You can use the search feature ^^^ up there and see hundreds of posts about it, from people who have tried it or know someone who did You're injecting pregnant lady pee into your body and eating at a huge deficit. Yeah you may lose weight, but at what cost. And it all comes right back, and then some.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    82699-Anchorman-NOOOO-gif-Will-Ferre-cgyA.gif
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    BamaBreezeNSaltAire Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    These aren't negative posts OP. If you do a search of this topic, it has been beat like a dead horse. You will not get much support here for this diet or any other fad diet. Please be careful with this stuff, it's bad news all the way around.
  • silken555
    silken555 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    You'll lose the weight all right....and pack it back on as soon as you stop and then some. HCG type diets don't offer the tools you need to keep the weight off. They are also dangerous because you will not be getting adequate nutrition to support everyday bodily functions.

MFP does not in ANY way support very low calorie diets. In fact promoting said diets is against forum policies. MFP supports healthy, sustainable weight loss.

You want to lose weight? My suggestion is to ditch the dangerous diet and read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    Alright so I came here to ask for advice since obviously I'm struggling with weight loss and all I see is negative comments??? WOW great forum.

I don't want to sound negative - but no!!
  • jimandpam87
    jimandpam87 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    My mom goes on and off the HCG diet. She swears by it, but yet she has to keep doing it b/c she gains the weight back as soon as she goes off of it. This is b/c the ONLY reason you lose weight is b/c you're eating a miniscule amount of calories. As soon as you start eating a normal amount of calories, which you will b/c you'll be starving, you'll gain most/all of the weight back. I'm not saying this to be mean, but just to warn you what you're getting into. I've seen it first hand. There's no reason to suffer like this. And there's NO WAY you're going to be able to do Insanity on even 800 calories a day. It's really unhealthy. I hope you reconsider this diet. You're already doing great by using Insanity! Why mess it up? Good luck to you!
  • a_stronger_me13
    a_stronger_me13 Posts: 812 Member
    Options

I see people giving you advice. HCG is not a good idea. You will lose insane amounts of lean body mass and while I hate the term, you'll end up with a terrible case of skinny fat.

I've seen my parents go through this. They learned nothing while doing the diet, completed the maintenance phase successfully, and then immediately regained all the weight because they returned to their original eating habits.

Start here, do it for at least a month, preferably 6-8 weeks and then come back and tell us how much of a struggle weight loss actually is: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options

sorry... HCG is a really stupid approach.

Why not try just using, I dunno, MFP?
  • royaldrea
    royaldrea Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Hey, HCG is a fad diet. It will get you results, but that's because you're eating at a huge deficit. Because it is not humanly possible to sustain a diet of 500 calories for any significant period of time (no matter how much of another person's pee you have in you), when you stop following the diet, you will put on your weight again.

There's a reason they tell you not to exercise when you do HCG. If you do ANY type of physical activity you will burn all of the calories you're eating and more. Not good. If you do Insanity on 800-1000 calories you're looking for big trouble. Even if you can sustain it, which is unlikely, you'll damage your body.

Those rude commenters may be rude but they're right. If you value your health (or even if you don't and just want to lose the weight - which will come right back on once you're done with your regimen) you shouldn't follow a fad diet. Someone will probably link to the guide to sexypants and you should read and pay attention.

Good luck on your journey! Don't do anything to harm yourself, it's truly not worth it. Remember, slow and steady wins the race.
  • a_stronger_me13
    a_stronger_me13 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Good morning,

Thank you.

I would like to ask the OP, how long have your friends that have seen "great results with this diet" been able to maintain these results? Just of out curiosity, no attitude intended.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options

HCG Thread will be locked. You may be deleted. Nobody's being negative.
This discussion has been closed.