HCG Diet & Exercising?

Options
2»

Replies

• kbolton322
    kbolton322 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I have seen what can happen when doing the HCG diet... one of my friends was put in the hospital and almost died... and another is still only eating 500 calories cause if she eats any more then that she will gain the weight back and she looks very very sick...
    If you are really 28 the don't take is and just use Insanity and eat right... and listen to everybody else who has posted they do know what they are talking about!!!
  • MainahGirl
    MainahGirl Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I had a friend that did this "crash" diet. Yes, she did lose weight. Sometimes 2 lbs a day, BUT in the long run, she gained it all back. She just couldn't keep it up and it made her feel like crap.

Losing weight isn't simple, but the concept is.

* Eat right
    * Eat less
    * Move your *kitten*.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    NO
  • TheApocalypse
    TheApocalypse Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Step 1. Proper diet
    Step 2. Excercise
    Step 3. DONT DO HCG
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Alright so I came here to ask for advice since obviously I'm struggling with weight loss and all I see is negative comments??? WOW great forum.

Truth is not inherently negative, just truth.

VLC diets are not encouraged on MFP

Exercising is never encouraged on a VLC diet.

The name of the game is sustainability, not crash.
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I'm grabbing a bowl of popcorn and getting ready to watch the show.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Alright so I came here to ask for advice since obviously I'm struggling with weight loss and all I see is negative comments??? WOW great forum.

I see people giving you advice. HCG is not a good idea. You will lose insane amounts of lean body mass and while I hate the term, you'll end up with a terrible case of skinny fat.

I've seen my parents go through this. They learned nothing while doing the diet, completed the maintenance phase successfully, and then immediately regained all the weight because they returned to their original eating habits.

Start here, do it for at least a month, preferably 6-8 weeks and then come back and tell us how much of a struggle weight loss actually is: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

This. Weight loss doesn't need to be "EXTREME!!!!!" to be successful. You shouldn't hurt your body while trying to get healthier/lose weight. That logic doesn't even make sense.
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Step 1. DON'T DO HCG
    Step 2. Proper diet
    Step 3. Exercise

Fixed that for ya.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options

HCG is a quick, dangerous temporary fix that can cause lifelong damages to your body. Sadly, the weight will come back once you start eating again. Do it the good old fashioned way of eating right and working out. You will appreciate it more and you will keep the weight off without damaging yourself.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Terrible idea - I've never ever read anything positive about this HCG stuff - as someone else said, search the forums and you'll find countless testimonies of the horrors of this stuff.

Your'e a guy - you need more than 500-1000 calories even without exercise. I'm a 45 year old woman and I lose very well eating 1800-2000 calories a day.

Do yourself a favor and learn to change your lifestyle for good with healthy eating and moving your body to lose fat & keep it off. Temporary changes will get you temporary results, and in this case, can be dangerous.

Don't do it.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    Please stop this diet. My uncle is young and was healthy other than carrying a few extra pounds, and he was very active. A heart attack later, he is unable to work and is on disability and is no longer able to run around and play with his kids or ride his horses, all over an anorexic diet that is touted as OK because you are taking preggo pee shots while doing it! This diet pisses me off more than any other out there...
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,391 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Hello,

I'm writing to let you know that our Community Guidelines ( http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines ) prohibit the creation of any forum posts, groups, or posts in groups that encourage the use of Very Low Calorie diets (including, but not limited to, VLCDs that use the HCG protocol).

MyFitnessPal has always promoted a healthy, sustainable, and gradual path to weight loss. But HCG products are typically promoted in connection with a very low calorie diet, usually one that limits calories to 500 per day. Research has demonstrated that calorie intake at these levels can lead to increased risk of gallstones, hair loss, constipation, an irregular heartbeat, and many other dangerous side-effects.

Moreover, numerous medical studies have shown that the results of HCG-use in combination with a very low calorie diet are indistinguishable from the results of the low calorie diet alone. In light of this research, the FDA has required the labeling and advertising of HCG products to state:

“HCG has not been demonstrated to be effective adjunctive therapy in the treatment of obesity. There is no substantial evidence that it increases weight loss beyond that resulting from caloric restriction, that it causes a more attractive or “normal” distribution of fat, or that it decreases the hunger and discomfort associated with calorie-restricted diets.”

Our guidelines prohibit any use of Groups or the Public Forums to support the use of HCG.

Regards,

psuLemon
This discussion has been closed.