Help!!

Options
2»

Replies

• motivatedmartha
    motivatedmartha Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    I am guessing that oatmeal is what we call porridge? I eat mine with a little fruit or often 1tbsp of ready made apple sauce (cheating but saves chopping fruit if I'm busy in the morning. I make it fairly runny using half mill half water.
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Have you tried steel cut oatmeal?
    A lot of people I know hate regular oatmeal, but love steel cut oats.
    I make a big batch and freeze it in individual serving sizes for breakfast.
    I like mine with cinnamon, chopped walnuts and topped with blueberries and almond milk.
  • marygirl05
    marygirl05 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    1 - If you don't like it, why do you continue to eat it? You can have yogurt instead.
    2 - Add a sweetener to it.

this is all i had.
  • altaroxy
    altaroxy Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Not sure if you have access to a microwave or freezer at work, but I add frozen fruit to my oatmeal. Peaches and cinnamon are my favorite. I get the frozen peaches nice and hot in the microwave then I mix them in. I also use skim milk instead of water when I make the oatmeal.
    Another thing I do is make a smoothie before work and drink it on the way. I use yogurt and frozen fruit.
  • thevoice1973
    thevoice1973 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I have oatmeal every day, but rarely as a breakfast choice. It's my standard snack (I eat 5 times a day), but as it's a little bland, I understand how you feel. Here's what I've done to improve it. I buy oatmeal by the 1kg bags (a lot cheaper per portion than the little single serves) and use mason jars (500ml) to prepare the mix I bring to work.

1. Fill mason jar with oatmeal.
    2. Add 1 tsp. of ground cinnamon.
    3. Add 1/2 tsp. of ground nutmeg.
    4. Add 1/4 tsp. of ground ginger.

When I prepare it, I use the same bowl each day (helps me get the water/oatmeal ration right every time!) and add:

1. 2 tbsp. of oat bran
    2. 2 tbsp. of my oatmeal mix
    3. 1 tbsp. of raisins
    4. 1 small packet of Kraft honey (about 3/4 of it, as the rest never wants to come out of there!)

I have received so many positive comments in the kitchen at work that I've had to bring mason jars once or twice a week for those who have asked for one!

I find the raisins and the honey really help to make the mix tasty! Hope this helps!
  • cebreisch
    cebreisch Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I'm not a big oatmeal fan - too soupy. However, I remember when we took my oldest daughter to daycare, they made the oatmeal pretty dry, but it had just enough liquid in it to let it be a little clumpy....it actually wasn't that bad at all. I LOVE oatmeal cookies though. I digress.

If you want McDonald's, the egg mcmuffins are one of the best things you can have - plenty of protein and a bit of carbs. If you can stomach yogurt, even better.

You can also try Nature Valley Granola bars.
  • stephdmash
    stephdmash Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    The egg McMuffin (ham, egg & cheese) from McD's I believe is only 290 cals...I'm sure everything else is quite high though. I'm not a fan of plain oatmeal unless I mix in berries. Apparently if you mix in chopped apple and cinnamon it's quite delicious.
  • Lifetimestruggle
    Lifetimestruggle Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I eat yogurt with cereal (my fav: cocoa crispies with strawberry greek) mixed in with it. 230 or less. Very filling and lots of varieties. I buy the little boxes of cereal as they are great for snacks or whatever!
  • GardenGirlie
    GardenGirlie Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    For future reference, McDonalds egg white delight:

250 Calories
    18g Protein
    7g Fat (11%)
    30g Carbs (10%)
    770mg Sodium (32%)
    Calories from Fat 60 Dietary Fiber 4g (17%) Calcium 230mg (25%)
    Saturated Fat 3g (15%) Sugars 3g Iron 1.5mg (8%)
    Trans Fat 0g Vitamin A 220IU (4%) Vitamin C 0mg (0%)
    Cholesterol 25mg (8%)
    Serving Size 4.7 oz (134 g)
  • junnipr
    junnipr Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    hhehe i cant believe ppl is saying go to McDonalds!! i did hate the oatmeal time ago!! now i love it! i just worked out ways to find how i like it! this is what i do: i eat oatmeal fform monday to thursday at work!! i take 1/2 cup of oatmeal, honey(i have a bottle at my desk), sometimes i take apple(diced) or bananas or bluberries. i cook the oatmeal with the water in the microwave, then i add the fruit on top and honey, and normally i have a side of 3 to eggwhite(hardboiled).
    Other option that i learn a few weeks ago, throw in the blender 1/2 cup of oatmeal, 4eggwhites, a bit ot milk(i use almond milk), pinch of cinnamon. then you cook that like pancakes!! Delicious!!!! when is ready i use honey on the top instead maple syrup :) and fruits.
    i hope this helps
  • kbolton322
    kbolton322 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I have oatmeal every day, but rarely as a breakfast choice. It's my standard snack (I eat 5 times a day), but as it's a little bland, I understand how you feel. Here's what I've done to improve it. I buy oatmeal by the 1kg bags (a lot cheaper per portion than the little single serves) and use mason jars (500ml) to prepare the mix I bring to work.

1. Fill mason jar with oatmeal.
    2. Add 1 tsp. of ground cinnamon.
    3. Add 1/2 tsp. of ground nutmeg.
    4. Add 1/4 tsp. of ground ginger.

When I prepare it, I use the same bowl each day (helps me get the water/oatmeal ration right every time!) and add:

1. 2 tbsp. of oat bran
    2. 2 tbsp. of my oatmeal mix
    3. 1 tbsp. of raisins
    4. 1 small packet of Kraft honey (about 3/4 of it, as the rest never wants to come out of there!)

I have received so many positive comments in the kitchen at work that I've had to bring mason jars once or twice a week for those who have asked for one!

I find the raisins and the honey really help to make the mix tasty! Hope this helps!

This sounds yummy... I think I'm going to try it...

OP- get the egg white delight mcmuffin its yummy and 250 calories... I them every now and them when I don't have time to make breakfast
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    hhehe i cant believe ppl is saying go to McDonalds!! i did hate the oatmeal time ago!! now i love it! i just worked out ways to find how i like it! this is what i do: i eat oatmeal fform monday to thursday at work!! i take 1/2 cup of oatmeal, honey(i have a bottle at my desk), sometimes i take apple(diced) or bananas or bluberries. i cook the oatmeal with the water in the microwave, then i add the fruit on top and honey, and normally i have a side of 3 to eggwhite(hardboiled).
    Other option that i learn a few weeks ago, throw in the blender 1/2 cup of oatmeal, 4eggwhites, a bit ot milk(i use almond milk), pinch of cinnamon. then you cook that like pancakes!! Delicious!!!! when is ready i use honey on the top instead maple syrup :) and fruits.
    i hope this helps

As your first post, why would say you can't believe people are saying it's okay to go McDonald's? Getting a 240 calorie McMuffin is not going to hurt anyone. Take the time to find out what the calorie and macro count is in the food we're suggesting before you say anything about it. Your oatmeal suggestions, sound good, by the way.
  • junnipr
    junnipr Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    well! you are right! doesn't hurt! hehe im sorry to express my comment in that way!! haha is just that i dont eat at fast foods anymore. i learned with the time how to eat when i'm out. maybe is because i lke more local restaurants and try to avoid the chemicals or high sodium food from there. i think i dont eat at fast foods since March 2013, but i agree some of them have options. i accept that i dont know what the macro is, but i will look info about it!
  • Missfaf
    Missfaf Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    i currently weight 15st 5 pounds and i jogged 2 miles this morning it has taken 6 months to build myself upto being able to jog but if u are persistent you WILL be able too. i also smoke 20 a day . so wasnt easy i have lost a total of 3 stone so far and am excited about more. i also eat oatillious porridge its 249 calories for the golden syrup one and very tastey . good luck and dont give up
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Ok so I am trying to eat this regular oatmeal for breakfast and it is so gross that i really am debating on going to get something different for food. I am so tempted to walk to McDonalds I have done so good I am down 32 pounds since I started but i can't bare to eat this oatmeal for one more bite. This is all i have until lunch time. I am just in the mood today where I don't care.... Need motivation to move past it.

Oatmeal is mushy. Eww. Just eat the McDonalds. Find something comparable nutrition-wise and enjoy it.
  • dwarfiegodsmack
    dwarfiegodsmack Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    i love oatmeal and have it every morning. i measure out 45g and cook it in the microwave in about 1 cup of water. once cooked i add in 1 Tbsp chia seeds, 1/2 scoop protein powder, 2 Tbsp PB2, 1/2 Tbsp coconut oil, 1/2 banana and 1/2 cup milk.

super yummy and fills me up!!

i also have made refrigerator oatmeal (do a search on google and you will find a link to 6 recipes and in that website is another link to 8 other flavours). cherry chocolate is my favourite!!
  • MarioLozano16
    MarioLozano16 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    So buy flavors of oat meal you like