Running MFP friends!

Options
I am looking for some MFP friends who run! I recently worked my way up to running 3 miles every other day without walking breaks. I'm excited and feel like I can officially call myself a "runner" lol I cant wait until Spring when I can run outside again! Add me so we can share tips, cardio music faves, and motivate each other :)

Replies

• TammyW18
    TammyW18 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the running world...and wether you run a mile or 26.1 you are a runner :)
  • _Calypso_
    _Calypso_ Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the world of running!! Congrats on your distance.
  • eschang99
    eschang99 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Almost done with Couch to 5k, and just found I can run three miles without stopping! Feel free to add me :)
  • drangonfly2323
    drangonfly2323 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I just took up running in October this past year. I am slow but I get out there and run. I am hoping to work on farther distances as the weather gets warmer. Would love running friends to chat with.
  • SteppyRohr
    SteppyRohr Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I log daily and aim to workout 4 or 5 days week to include running, biking and weights. Started running a couple years ago and never thought I'd get to a point that I actually enjoye it. My pace is not fast but I like getting out there. Will be doing my 2nd Half marathon in 3 weeks! Congrats on your achievements!
  • ChristinaOrtiz23
    ChristinaOrtiz23 Posts: 1,546 Member
    Options
    I finish insanity at the end of the month! im hoping the snow is cleared because I'm really excited to start "learning" how to run! The longest ran was about 1/2 a mile (yeah pathetic). So happy that you are a "runner" !!! Cant wait to call myself that!!
  • tonileigh820
    tonileigh820 Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me.

I started running the beginning of last month. I run 3 miles 4-5 days a week. I also am desperate for springs arrival so I can start running outdoors!
  • scottyg70
    scottyg70 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I run three times a week or more. Feel free to add me!
  • angdpowers
    angdpowers Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Woohoo!!!
    WTG! Feels good doesn't it?
    Dare to say AWESOME?! Haha

I just added u. I'd love to have someone on my list that enjoys it as well.
  • HealthyFocused715
    HealthyFocused715 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I'm always looking for more running friends!! I am training for my first marathon - ahhh!! Would love to give and receive support to fellow runners! I am also counting down the days until I can run outside consistently!
  • msthang444
    msthang444 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    I am training for my first half marathon. We've been training since October because initially we had planned to do a full marathon in February, but we didn't quite make it... so we downgraded and committed to a half marathon at the end of March ;)
  • muaythaijunkie
    muaythaijunkie Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Congrates on the distance. I try and run every other day close to 8k. I have my first 10k of the season coming up in 5 weeks, so i have started to push myself, but cant wait to get outside and run with my dog.
  • superspork2
    superspork2 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Always looking for more running friends. I'm currently in training to work my way up to running a 10k
  • __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    Fellow runner here, it is an awesome activity, I :heart: it :D

Enjoy!
  • TRD66
    TRD66 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Started running about 8 months ago, to train for a 10K. Need that initial goal to get me going. Regularly run 3 to 4 miles about 3 times a week now.

Feel free to add. Happy to share tips and pitfalls.
  • Caitlyn_0211
    Options
    I just started running seriously at the beginning of the year after also discovering I could run 5kms non-stop, what a proud moment after a loooot of walking! It's coming to the end of summer here (Aus) so I'm going to need some extra motivation to get through the winter. Feel free to add me too :)