What do you order at Mcdonalds? (If you go there)

Options

Replies

• JoelleAnn78
    JoelleAnn78 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Mmmmm, McDonalds. Yumm-O!
  • knot_enough
    knot_enough Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    20 piece chicken nuggets and large fries. sometimes 3 cookies to seal the deal. oh yeah and a diet coke (i'm trying to watch what i eat)
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Half pounder cheeseburger has nearly 50g of protein. If I'm in the mood I could fit one in my day for sure, but I'm generally not a fan of McD's and would rather go for a burger from the local fish and chip shop.
  • ctricya
    ctricya Posts: 28
    Options
    i may be wrong but the US mcdonalds is just way caloric???? the caeser salad with the grilled chicken, croutons and the sauce is just 260kcal here
  • CynthiaT60
    CynthiaT60 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Fish sandwich, medium fries and probably water to drink. But I haven't been there in a while.
  • jorge_007
    jorge_007 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I haven't been to a McDonald's in over seven years! When I was a kid I would go there for the free ice cream. lol
  • matt526
    matt526 Posts: 4
    Options
    um... nothing
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    We have a mom and pop hamburger shop that has been in business locally here for over 84 years now and is hands down the best place for a burger, fries, and malt. That being said if I do stop at McDonald's then Breakfast would be a couple bacon, egg, and cheese mcmuffins and a hash brown and Lunch or Supper would be a Classic Big Mac meal with a chocolate shake.... but like I said it is few and far in between cause I prefer the local joint...
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    I really do not go there. Not because I think fast food is "evil" (love burgers at Steak N' Shake or Culver's occasionally, and sometimes DQ mini Blizzard or nuggets at Chick-Fil-A)...but McDonald's just isn't my favorite. In fact I do not like the taste of their food very much.

The last 4-5 times I have gone to McDonald's (the past 2 years roughly) I have always had a dipped cone. Those are delish IMO.

I do like their sausage breakfast burritos but I have found that one is not enough food for me and two is too much (or at least too much sodium, ugh). My husband doesn't like it so we never go there on trips, and trips are the usual times I get breakfast out.

I feel the same as you do. I regularly buy my coffee there, because at least here in Mexico City the coffee is the way a like it; hot and on the strong side and very affordable. I personally boycott Starbucks because of their poor quality and high prices ( same as in the US even though the averagge professional Mexican earns 20% of what someone for a similar job would earn in the US ) so I am happy the McD's coffee is good.
    I have not tried their food in almost 20 years with the exception of the fries, but I always thought that it was in general too sweet for me and the soft hamburger bun makes me gag. However McD's is not the exception.....I feel the same about all the other fast food chains. And since they have only burgers and ice cream here none of them are an option. Also, a normal burger costs just under 5 dollars which is 8 hours of minimum wage here. For that money I can get a three course ( soup, salad or pasta and main course ) meal almost anywhere else.

ETA: For truth's sake I should add that in the last ten years or so I tried their cheese pie with coffee and liked it.....but not enough to walk 40 minutes to the next McD's. I also tried their hashbrowns and they were good, but can be bought frozen in most supermarkets....but now I avoid them , because they are pre-fried and have too much cheap fat....but that is not McD's fault.
  • SoftHeat
    SoftHeat Posts: 44
    Options
    My friend was super pumped they brought the double fish sandwich back. She's eating it now, & oddly the whole room smells like hotdogs. Could be just a coincidence. :wink:
  • ToBeThatGirlIDreamOf
    ToBeThatGirlIDreamOf Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Barely ever go to McDonald's, but if I do -
    Breakfast - Oatmeal or egg white delight.
    Lunch or Dinner - Southwest chicken salad with Southwest dressing.
    Snack - Fruit & Yogurt parfait, side salad with balsamic or southwest dressing.
  • BL_Mark
    BL_Mark Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    IF... IF I have to go there, I'll get the premium Chicken Wrap... either the ranch or black bean, grilled of course and no fries.
  • mamabanana
    mamabanana Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    When I go for the kids, it is usually because we are on the run and no time to cook at home. I usually order a kids chicken snack wrap meal, made with grilled chicken and the mini fries with a milk. I haven't really looked at the nutritional info, but the rest of the day I ensure better choices made at home.
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    This

20130926_123628-1_20130926131325730.jpg

what is that?

McDouble Down

Bacon Ranch Edition.

705 calories, 44g protein.

Created by jonnythan. I've actually never had one. I just like the pic. :wink:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1105196-the-mcdouble-down?hl=mcdouble+down&page=6
  • SandraD1424
    SandraD1424 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Regular hamburger and I toss half the bun....

Sausage burrito - I use a fork and eat the egg and sausage and toss the tortilla.

Yes, I am trying to watch carbs! I'd rather have a beer than a bun! :drinker:

Haha I couldn't agree more on that!
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    mcgangbang.jpg
  • Operationweddings
    Operationweddings Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Non in a 5 mile radius thankfully. But sometimes I order double sausage and egg mcmuffin with mocha. Or regular Big Mac and diet coke for lunch . I've steered clear these last few weeks, too many calories and I can eat them until the cows come home!
  • juliemccalla
    juliemccalla Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Either eat the yogurt parfait which is 150 cals or the White Egg Delight which is 250....everything else is very heavy, calorie speaking
  • GBrady43068
    GBrady43068 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    This

20130926_123628-1_20130926131325730.jpg

what is that?

McDouble Down

Bacon Ranch Edition.

705 calories, 44g protein.

Created by jonnythan. I've actually never had one. I just like the pic. :wink:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1105196-the-mcdouble-down?hl=mcdouble+down&page=6
    THis reminds me of a similar "sandwich" at KFC, also called the Double Down I believe, where the 2 chicken breasts sandwiched the lettuce and perhaps a tomato (to make it, you know, HEALTHY :wink: ) and some bacon IIRC. It was DELICIOUS...but I don't even wanna know how many calories/fat grams.
  • Sugarbeat
    Sugarbeat Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Coffee, with the occasional breakfast sandwich. I detest McDonalds burgers and have been on a personal boycott since age 7ish, when they used to make me wait an extra 15 minutes because I wanted no onions. The last time I had their nuggets they were all fat and made me gag. So no McD's for me, except for breakfast sometimes. And really, if I'm eating out for breakfast I'm hitting up the IHOP.