100 PushUp Challenge Week 3

Options
Here's the new thread for week 3! I just posted in Week2...I forgot to do my pushups this weekend, so tomorrow I will finish week 2 and Thursday, Friday, and Sunday will be week 3 so I'm caught back up!

Good luck everyone!!!:drinker:

Replies

• kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Here's the new thread for week 3! I just posted in Week2...I forgot to do my pushups this weekend, so tomorrow I will finish week 2 and Thursday, Friday, and Sunday will be week 3 so I'm caught back up!

Good luck everyone!!!:drinker:
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,696 Member
    Options
    I am starting Week 2 day one today, full push ups. Not really feeling confident that I can pull it off but I will try. If not I may have to go back to Week one. Hope everyone has a great week!
  • Lavendersunday
    Lavendersunday Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Wow Mechanicmom that is sooo cool that you are challenging yourself to do the FULL pushups.

Meanwhile little 'ol me did:

Week 3 - Level 1 - Day 1

Set 1: 15 Done!! :tongue:
    2: 12 Done!! :tongue:
    3: 12 Done!! :noway:
    4: Supposed to do 10 but I pooped out at 5 :grumble: !!
    5: Supposed to do at least 15....didn't do any yet!! :explode:

Well friends I gotta go back and read what to do now on that website www.hundredpushups.com.... :embarassed:

Am I supposed to do today's PO's over...or not?! I guess I will put my tail between my legs for now and look it up. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Signed, Down :cry: ...but not out!!!! :embarassed: :tongue:

~Namaste :flowerforyou:
  • FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I'm joining you all today...I poured my heart out in the previous post before I found this one...starting at the beginning today...thank you for the motivation...I really needed work in the arm department.
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,696 Member
    Options
    Welcome Dancer! I have noticed a difference in my arms (tightness and toning) since starting a week ago, but I am also doing other exercises as well. You will see a difference so stick with it. Glad you are here!
    Melissa
  • FatDancer
    Options
    Welcome Dancer! I have noticed a difference in my arms (tightness and toning) since starting a week ago, but I am also doing other exercises as well. You will see a difference so stick with it. Glad you are here!
    Melissa

Thank you Mechanicmom! I'm going to run get the skinny at the pushup link and get started!

I am so grateful for the camaraderie at this site and all of my MFPs.
  • calatibo
    calatibo Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    missed all of last week as i was on holiday. the week off really seems to have done for me.

anyway, week 3 - day 1

25 (just)
  • FatDancer
    Options
    Week 1 - Day 1...I'm weaker than I remember...used to be able to do 3 correct form before dropping to knees to crank out the rest.

1st set - 1/2 correct form & 4 from knees
    2nd set - 4 from knees
    3rd set - 2 from knees
    4th set - 2 from knees
    5th set - 3 from knees

weak, I know...gotta start somewhere! I'm going to repeat week one - day one until I am able to perform 2 correct form pushups...then I'll be ontrack to follow the program...was unable to perform one correct form pushup today...we'll see what happens Wednesday.

Push On Pals!
  • FatDancer
    Options
    Just bumping it back up towards the top!
  • Lavendersunday
    Options
    Hi Fat Dancer,

I decided to do the first 4 weeks on my knees (modified), Then after my 12th session which would be Week 5 I will retest myself to see if I can up my level on my knees.

Ultimately, I hope to do 100 pushups modified and then I will probably go back and redo the entire program doing them REGULAR...for another 6 weeks if that makes sense.

At least that is my plan...but ya know what they say about plans....
    "Man plans and God laughs" :tongue:

~Mi
  • FatDancer
    Options
    Sounds good to me Lavender! This thread is so encouraging!
  • EllaBella
    EllaBella Posts: 140
    Options
    I did my exhaustion test for the end of week 2. 21 regular form push ups--I'll start Week 3 Day 1 tomorrow. I'm trying to get caught up so hopefully my arms won't give out on me!! I can definitely notice that my arms are getting more tone--what a great feeling!!:happy:
  • FatDancer
    Options
    Congrats on your progress EllaBella! It is so encouraging to hear!
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Well, I don't know if I did this right. But I am joining your challenge! When I did the initial test, I was only able to do about 1 (and a half, lol) regular pushups. So I decided to do the modified (knee) pushups for the first few weeks. But I didn't re-do the initial test, so I just decided to do the middle column.

So! Week 1 - Day 1:

19 (!)

Maybe for Day 2 I should do the 3rd column? But I REALLY wore myself out with 19 modified pushups - I wanted to stop after 10.
  • FatDancer
    Options
    Way to go cp005e! I love this thread!
  • FatDancer
    Options
    Today is a pushup rest day...yesterday was 1st day...I'm slightly sore in all the incorporated muscles and extremely sore in the ribcage muscles...I feel stronger today though...and last night I re-incorporated some weight training, finally...all of the above inhances my dance!

How's it going for all of you?
  • Lavendersunday
    Options
    Today is a pushup rest day...yesterday was 1st day...I'm slightly sore in all the incorporated muscles and extremely sore in the ribcage muscles...I feel stronger today though...and last night I re-incorporated some weight training, finally...all of the above inhances my dance!

How's it going for all of you?

Hello Friends,

After reading what to do when you don't complete all 5 sets for the day...which for me was yesterday...I pooped out in set #4. I am going to attempt to redo Day 1 of Week 3 again today. If I don't master it...I will NOT move on until I do master it as suggested by the website.

"I think I can...I think I can....I think I can...."

Here I go.....

~Mi
  • Lavendersunday
    Options
    Welcome cp005e glad you could join us! :smile:

Just repeated Week 3 - Day 1 and I did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drinker:

Not only that but....for the 5th set I maxed out at 20!!!...the minimum for that set is 15!

Reflection for today's repeated session:

I have to really concentrate on keeping my body in a straight line and pulling my abs in.

Making my arms do all the work is giving me a serious burn by set 5!

Is anybody else burning???

Power to the MFP P.U. (Pushup) people!! :bigsmile:

~MI
  • calatibo
    calatibo Posts: 289 Member
    Options

Is anybody else burning???

yep, glad of the rest day today.

feel the burn! :laugh:
  • janetbr
    janetbr Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm joining right now and going do my pushups. Wish me luck. Woo-hoo!!!!