Should I fast before dieting with water?

Options

Replies

• TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Simple answer is no then? Whats with the useless posts that do not pertain the question? Also your body doesn't lose lean muscle mass from one day. It will use the energy storage which is fat, simple.

I also dislike useless posts in threads HOWEVER I don't know how in the world anyone could gather a coherent question from the words you typed.

^^this! what kind of fasting were you referring to? dieting with water? does this mean adding water to a diet or is it a diet of just water? and by water, do you mean just water or can you add something to it - like tea. your question was vague at best.
  • Blue801
    Blue801 Posts: 442
    Options
    Bad idea.:noway:
  • kung_fu_red
    Options
    I'm confused by your dieting with water?
  • OverDoIt
    OverDoIt Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Ask an actual Medical Doctor what they think about that idea. I would bet the farm that that would be a big No! there captain.
  • loubidy
    loubidy Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Fasting is stupid. Goodbye.
  • Go_Mizzou99
    Go_Mizzou99 Posts: 2,628 Member
    Options
    Here...this will help. It is awesome

2m84m55.gif
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,049 Member
    Options
    yes that is correct if you do it.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    No, first you have to find the magic sparkly unicorn poo powder. Then you need to climb the rainbow and find the leprechaun and make him give up the big pot of gold. Then you need to steal the gold and go buy the water from the fountain of youth, but first you have to find it. Get the map that Ponce De Leon left, which was hidden by the Seminole Indians in the depths of the Everglades. Pay no attention to the alligators and pythons, they don't eat much.
  • tfleischer
    tfleischer Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    :indifferent:
    Cranquistador, are you telling the world to kiss your butt with your profile pic?
  • SCV34
    SCV34 Posts: 2,048 Member
    Options
    You can, but I don't think it will end well for you. Just doesn't sound like a good idea.
  • JayBigelow
    JayBigelow Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I worded it wrong I meant cleanse myself with water before hand then begin dieting
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    I worded it wrong I meant cleanse myself with water before hand then begin dieting

You body cleanses itself, which is why we poop & pee.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,049 Member
    Options

sure. germs are bad.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1159755-looking-for-a-detox-cleanse
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Do you mean, should you water fast for a day before going on a diet?

No.

Rude remarks you are likely to get:

- You should drink water multiple times a day
    - Taking showers is advised
    - Could you do it forever? No? Then don't start what you can't continue because it's a waste of time
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options

Showering is always good. Baths are also fun. :flowerforyou:
  • mungowungo
    mungowungo Posts: 327 Member
    Options

So we are talking about one day when all you consume is water and then go on the diet?

No - it's not necessary to do this.

Read the sexy pants link somebody else posted above - work out a reasonable calorie deficit, log everything you consume, weighing and measuring everything, do some exercise and just keep at it - it will take time, so be patient.
  • JayBigelow
    JayBigelow Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Sounds good I wont follow trends, haha. Thats why I asked her first, but I must be doing something right if I lost 5 lbs.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Sounds good I wont follow trends, haha. Thats why I asked her first, but I must be doing something right if I lost 5 lbs.

I always lose 5 pounds of water weight when I first start eating at a deficit. It's pretty normal, though it doesn't happen to everyone.