Why do so many men keep their chicken legs?

Options
2»

Replies

• Supadoopafly
    Supadoopafly Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Training legs separates the men from the boys. I agree with what's been written above about it being hard.

Legs are one of the big muscle groups, so when you train them, you'll know about it the next following days.
    I love training legs, because it's so beneficial ( owing to it being a large muscle group). Also I get a good core workout when leg training.
  • archaichoney
    archaichoney Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I'm instantly attracted to a man with a dedicated leg day.
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Friends-Dont-Let-Friends-Skip-Leg-Day-Foam-Rollers-Australia.png
    ...and then there's the other end of the spectrum....
    36a1694bce9815b7e38a9dad05ad42e0.jpg
  • GymTennis
    GymTennis Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Well it's hard, it's painful, it's grueling.. And I love it, two times a week
  • creasy24
    creasy24 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    It's killing me right now. I hurt my knee over a month ago. And I am waiting on the MRI results. So I have been forced to only work on upper body. I hate it. I have never wanted to do squats so much in my life. I have been on the seated exercise bike to at least try to get some leg work in.
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    I am all power butt and thighs with no boobies in sight is this the same?
    Not really the same since you can't train boobs.

IS THAT A CHALLENNNNNNNNNGE??

That does it, ima do some titsquats tonight!! Who's with me?!

Me!!!! I need boobies!!!!

Hahaha i'm in as well
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Because it's all about biceps, abs and pecs.

I visited a new gym thanks to an MFPer getting me a free 7 day pass. I spent quite a few evenings there as I wanted to see how busy it got. During that time, I noted 3 people doing squats of various kinds (2 of them women!) and 1 woman doing deadlifts. Everyone was doing bicep curls, though. :D
  • Supadoopafly
    Supadoopafly Posts: 248 Member
    Options

I visited a new gym thanks to an MFPer getting me a free 7 day pass. I spent quite a few evenings there as I wanted to see how busy it got. During that time, I noted 3 people doing squats of various kinds (2 of them women!) and 1 woman doing deadlifts. Everyone was doing bicep curls, though. :D

I wonder if that woman was me? :-D
  • ddixon503
    ddixon503 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Because a broad chest and large bicep/triceps would 'generally' draw a woman's attention quicker than great quads or calves in a nightclub, bar or whatever watering hole you frequent).

Yes I'm being VERY general and it's intentional. Not all men are alike and not all women are alike. Because of this, there really is no one perfect answer. People skip leg day for a ton of reasons. Some are valid (injury, birth defect, etc) and some are not (it's too hard, chicks dig muscled up arms, etc).

All men (and women) have goals and not all goals are alike. If you see a guy with chicken legs, I'm sure he has his reasons/excuses. Just don't be a tool and try to be 'helpful' and point out that he should squat more. That path generally never ends well for either party.
  • Kirk_R
    Kirk_R Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    At my first powerlifting meet someone said to me, "you have the lower body of a 198 but the upper body of a 148". I was competing at 165 at the time. I can't say I liked the comment but at least it's better than the opposite (2 lower body lifts in a powerlifting.meet vs 1 upper body). ;)
  • ddixon503
    ddixon503 Posts: 119 Member
    Options

DING!
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options

I wonder if that woman was me? :-D

Depends. Are you awesome and do compound lifts? If so, then yes, yes it was! :-D
  • l_ashley
    l_ashley Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I completely understand why men don't like doing leg day. I'm a woman and leg day makes me anxious, especially if I know that I have to walk, climb stairs, drive, pick things up, etc. the rest of the day. I don't avoid it tho because I know that it is totally worth it.
  • donthesitate
    donthesitate Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Because a broad chest and large bicep/triceps would 'generally' draw a woman's attention quicker than great quads or calves in a nightclub, bar or whatever watering hole

While I can totally agree with you, I must say that I do check out men's lower bodies (what woman doesnt like a man with a nice *kitten*!) almost simultaneously, if he's got chicken legs my mind goes to whether he can deliver **ahemm** :bigsmile:
  • DarrelBirkett
    DarrelBirkett Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Honest answer - legs are hard. I have not wanted to throw up from bench press, or rows. Squats, I have come close and close to blacking out on. It is really a full body exercise. Coupled with the fact that the next two days, if I drop something on the ground, I have to ask how much I really need it. Walking becomes a chore afterwards.

Working upper body is easy - working the legs takes effort.

So true

QFT indeed

With I Deadlift I have to sit down after for 1 few seconds else Id likely faint. Also after leg presses I cant jump straight up after a set for the same. Light headed etc. I've puked a little in my mouth after leg presses (nice huh). Dont get that no matter how hard I bench. So aye, it is damn hard.