Replies

• myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Fiber One Honey Clusters!!! Keeps me full forever :D
  • sara_xo
    sara_xo Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I go with all regular plain oats. :) Mixed with 1 tsp cinnamon and 1/2 a banana I have to force feed myself at snack time 3.5 hrs later :)
  • virginiagomes
    virginiagomes Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I eat Fiber One Original with 1/2 C of Skim Milk and a banana in the mornings
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    I ended up buying Kashi Heart to Heart Warm CInnamon and having it with eggs. It only had 5 grams of sugar. I used Silk Almond Vanilla milk...mmm...yummy!!! The test will be today to see how long it last before I'm starved or have the shakes.
  • BrentGetsFit
    BrentGetsFit Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    So what's the verdict?
  • Alexis2255
    Options
    for brekkie I usually have a small bowl of Cheerios (with skim milk) or 1 packet of instant oatmeal, and some fruit (either some grapes or a small banana) I don't mind the sugar in the morning because that's the best time to have it. I also usually kick back about 1 litre of water first thing. I like to get my water drinking out of the way as early in the day as possible. It also ensures that I am well hydrated--especially on the mornings when I am going to the gym.
  • Happyhealthymassagetherapist
    Options
    a lot of the cereals contain added brown rice syrup, sugar alcohol, sugar, corn syrup... i prefer my cereal to have absolutely no sugar what so ever. by eliminating sugar as best i can, i have noticed my tummy is more hourglass. i also don't get any cravings from a sugar crash. I like organic corn puffs and millet puffs by arrowhead mills. no sugar and you can have a cup for 60 calls, 2 cups for 120 calls, and 3 cups for 180 calls. super cheap too! about 2.50 for a big bag. I use almond milk and literally i can eat 3 times as much as the next person who eats the average cereal with skim milk. the sugar levels are just so high in normal milk. hope this helps.
  • beamer0821
    beamer0821 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    i LOVE cereal too. and for whatever reason cereal has the same effect on me that im hungry an hour later. even the high fiber low sugar "healthy" stuff.

so oatmeal tends to be my go-to and "Sticks to my bones" as they say so I'm able to go longer between meals when i eat oatmeal.
  • aprilflower18232
    aprilflower18232 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I eat steel cut oats everyday for breakfast! I lovvvve it! About once a week I will take cereal for lunch at work and sometimes I have it for a snack at night.....I always use unsweetened almond milk. I usually go with fiber one, kashi go lean or multigrain Cheerios.
  • weightliftingdiva
    weightliftingdiva Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to eat more whole cereals, unrefined cereals like bulgur and oats (both old-fashioned and steel cut). I really enjoy grits but I've only had them in a restaurant, never prepared them myself.

This morning I had 1/4 cup dry Bob's quick cooking Bulgur, 2 tsp of clove honey, 1/4 cup roasted unsalted almonds (ROAST THEM = FLAVOR EXPLOSION), one small chopped gala apple, and 1/2 cup 2 % milk. The breakfast was filling and delicious. If I wanted more protein I'd probably add an egg or two.

I like post shredded wheat spoon sized, not frosted, with fruit and milk. I like Kashi go lean crunch, but I treat it more like granola because it is so sugary: 1/4-1/3 of a cup kashi, yogurt of choice, fruit of choice.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    fruit loops x2...

I had that this morning with 1c skim milk, 4 slices of bacon and 1 piece of toast with butter.
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    I love cereal but #1 it doesn't stick with me and #2 sometimes it gives me the shakes. I like Kashi Go Lean crunch...seems to last longer but soooo full of sugar. What cereal are you eating? I've been eating eggs for months now and getting kind of burned out.

Have you tried some oat based cereals - they have more soluble fiber and might be a bit easier on you?

Also greek yoghurts are quite nice (add cinnamon for some extra flavour).
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,952 Member
    Options
    I'm a rice crispies kinda guy...