How often do you weigh yourself (for loss and maintain)?

Options
13»

Replies

• FlexinHenrique94
    Options
    Weigh yourself once a week, in the morning, before you ate anything and after you went to the bathroom (if you know what I mean) I used to weigh myself everyday at the gym, so I know that feel. Just try to fight it.
  • ebeth_s
    ebeth_s Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I weight myself every Sunday morning before I get dressed for church.

I can vary throughout the week by as much as 5-6 pounds throughout the week, but I always record my Sunday weight.
  • daw0518
    daw0518 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I was weighing myself every Monday, but after two weeks at the exact same weight, I decided to weigh myself everyday this week & average the numbers. So far, yesterday & today were 4 lbs less than what the Monday number was, so maybe I'm just learning that Monday isn't the best day for me to weigh-in.
  • hilaria81
    hilaria81 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Every morning the scale calls to me. I try so hard to ignore it, but I weigh myself most mornings. However, I only record my weight in MFP once a week on Friday morning. That's hard to when my weight is lower than I expected it to be, then I really want to record it on the spot!

I feel like I could have written this. I get extra motivation from cheating with "unofficial" check-ins during the week, especially when they're almost always good. It's rather addictive!
  • FoxyLifter
    FoxyLifter Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Whenever I'm curious (usually it's just before and after after a post-run poop because I'm curious about a lot of things... :laugh: ). Anyway, I'm more concerned with my clothing size and body fat % (which is really hard to measure accurately, unfortunately). I only record my lowest weight. I felt bad about getting congratulated on losing the same 5 pounds. Plus, it gave me an excuse to go over (yay! i lost a pound. pass me the tiramisu!!) which sent me in a weird cycle. Although my main focus is size, I've still got one eye on my weight.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    For the most part, once a week - Wednesday mornings. Last week I made an exception because my loss was miniscule and I wanted to confirm it was due to water weight, so I weighed myself on Thursday too.
  • B_TEEN
    B_TEEN Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I'm more concerned with body composition / clothing size rather than scale weight. Since I'm scheduling my workouts a month in advance, I'll weigh myself twice a month for tracking purposes.
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    Every morning after using the bathroom, before hopping in the shower. I don't get weird about the numbers because the scale measures to the tenth of a pound. I know now how much sodium impacts my water retention (even if I'm under for calories). I have also learned to switch to 30 day view to get the real picture. I also really like weighing in daily so that I can note specific events. What's that blip? Ohhhh the Super Bowl was the day before. I was so dehydrated that I must have drank three gallons of water, etc.
  • firelight4321
    firelight4321 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Daily, out of curiosity. I log a pound lost when I seem consistently at or below the next step down.
  • tomandshell
    tomandshell Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning in between the bathroom and the shower. I also weigh myself a few times a week at night before bed, just because I'm curious to observe the overnight changes.

I log my morning weight every day because it helps me to see all of the little fluctuations. I don't freak out any more when I go up two pounds in a day because I can see it all in context and observe the trends. I judge progress by looking back a week at a time.
  • andreaamak
    andreaamak Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Every day but I only record it once per week.