*kitten* People Say To People Who're Trying To Lose Weight!

Options

Replies

• Chillyfrog
    Chillyfrog Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    "I thought you were dieting?!?" (When you are observed drinking anything other than water or eating anything other than salad...)
    ^^This!^^^
    And "You're not on a diet. You wouldn't haven just eaten THAT if you were on a diet" coming from someone who knows nothing about counting calories.
  • ALNoog
    ALNoog Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    My favorite comes from someone who I won't name but..

Every time we'd go out to eat anything I would order or eat she'd tell me oh I can't eat that on my diet or wow you can really have that to aren't you dieting... And she'd eat half a chicken breast and get a salad dry and a baked potato dry and not even eat half of it and then binge on cakes and sweets and bad stuff the next time I was with her and then my husband would tell her how good I was doing and what I was eating and she'd say well I can't do that I AM doing this diet instead.....

Now we just saw her and she said wow what are you doing!! Now she actually wanted to know what I had been doing and what I have been eating... And although I haven't lost in a few weeks and actually gained my body is majorly changing shape from working out.. So it was good to be noticed and not put down or second guessed for once
  • ItsMeGee3
    ItsMeGee3 Posts: 13,255 Member
    Options
    My mom takes the prize...While taking her shopping, I mention that I need some new pants because I've lost (at that time) 30 lbs. She says, "I don't know where!"

Thank you very much mom!
  • ALNoog
    ALNoog Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    My mom takes the prize...While taking her shopping, I mention that I need some new pants because I've lost (at that time) 30 lbs. She says, "I don't know where!"

Thank you very much mom!

Lol maybe that is just moms.. My husband was talking to his mom bragging on my loss so far and she said wow well when are you going to lose some weight and he said I've lost 34 pounds and she said WOW Daniel you must have really gotten fat then!! And then Poked him in the belly......
  • fannyfrost
    fannyfrost Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    My husband

"Can't you just take one of those pills?"
    "Are you going to eat all that?" when looking at big plate of veggies (like 200 calories)
    "I made sausage for dinner" Me: "I am trying to lose weight" Husband: "I don't understand"
    "just don't eat your favorite cookies that I bought"

My favorite is the one for my friend recently, people commented on her weight loss and said oh, she must be getting ready to leave her husband, LOL. She is actually working part time and has the energy and time to work out 2 hours a day and count all the food. Her husband is also on board with her and there is no junk food in the house. They both lost weight.
  • KarenBures2
    KarenBures2 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    that's horrible! Seriously? Good for you for doing everything that you're doing for you!!!

http://thefoodwar.blogspot.com/
  • BartO81
    BartO81 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    ' You look fine, why are you on a diet?'

Hate that comment, when I still have a BMI of 27...
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Are you doing low carb/Paleo/17 day diet? You know that all comes back the minute you quit... (I am not, nor have I ever, adopted a low carb diet)

Are you doing Weight Watchers/Jenny Craig?

Did you have weight loss surgery? (I have actually never been asked this, but I know many friends who have)
  • michellewelch2010
    michellewelch2010 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    My old boss says to me after I lose 35 pounds:
    "Are you sick? You lost weight. You look really skinny."
    Thanks jerk-face, I'm actually at 20% body fat... Pretty healthy/athletic place to be at.

After gaining back 20 pounds from bad choices:
    "I'm glad you put on weight, you were too skinny before."
    So I guess you prefer when people are "larger" than you right?

After gaining another 10 pounds from bad choices:
    "Are you pregnant?"

Wonder what he will say when he sees me next time and I'm back at 20% BF...

My roommate in university, one day after I had run 5 miles, swam 1.5 miles, done weights... I went home and decided to have a mini-angel food cake, the ones that are worth like 80 calories... with some strawberries and light cool whip:
    "Are you really going to eat that?"
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    Offering a treat: "Come on one [cookie|piece|slice|whatever] won't kill you"

Next day when you've allocated yourself a treat same person says; "Are you really going to eat that, I thought you were on a diet"
  • SNLover87
    SNLover87 Posts: 101 Member
    Options

Person: There's something different about you.
    You: Really? I didn't think anyone was going to notice.
    Person: Yeah you look really different.
    You: *waiting to hear it, ready for the moment, smile's about to come out*
    Person: You changed your hair. (Nope.)

This. Yeah, I lost 60 lbs but it's totally my haircut that makes me look different.
  • fannyfrost
    fannyfrost Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I tried working with a nutritionist to get my diet on a healthy track and lose and she told me:

You look fine and don't really need to lose weight.
    You can replace fruit with a candy bar if you want.

I left and never looked back
  • iecreamheadaches
    iecreamheadaches Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    From my boyfriends best friend the other night "oh, you're a woman, you only do cardio when you go to the gym"

I also hate when everyone orders out and I want to get a salad or grilled chicken wrap with lots of veggies, and they all act like what they ordered was SOOOOOO much more delicious. Sorry, but youre greasy *kitten* "buffalo chicken" pizza is not that good. ;)

"oh you arent fat!" oh, but yes, yes I am. I'm morbidly obese by all technical charts.
  • MSouthernbelle87
    MSouthernbelle87 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    You look great now. Maybe you are just meant to be that size.
  • konerusp
    konerusp Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I got this from a 400+ person,he is a chef,
    Chef:"you should give me a try,I will give you a meal plan to lose weight!"
    Me:face palm!!!is there a mirror in your house?
    I didnt say that!lol
  • craftywitch_63
    craftywitch_63 Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    Or the just this pizza won't hurt..... Or ice cream or cupcake.. Etc...

^^^^This (and I'm diabetic too!) :grumble:
  • ChasingKatie
    ChasingKatie Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I have a food Nazi at work, the most recent one:

"Why are you chewing gum?! Are you supposed to be chewing gum????"
  • Petrina79
    Petrina79 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I lost close to 40lbs last hear. Was making it a lifestyle. A balance between diet and exercise. I found healthy substitutes for the foods I enjoyed. I tried to remain active during the day and burn calories doing everyday things such as walking 15 minutes to the store instead of driving. The negativity began when my weight loss became noticeable. "You're doing too much, you're never going to be able to maintain it." "you don't have to watch EVERYTHING you eat". It was soo frustrating as well as discouraging. I hated myself at 230lbs and here I am making progress and out comes the haters. So I've gained back the wait but I've recently started my routine again and this time I'm not telling anyone that i'm working out. when the weight loss becomes noticeable I'm just going to block out the haters.

Oh, and another negative statement that KILLS me is that you are naturally big boned. REALLY?!!! I only put on the weight within the past 10 years because of certain cirrcumstances in my life. Another one "You're now in your 30s so of course your body will change. You'll never be what you were in you 20's" I KNOW our bodies change as we get older which is EXACTLY why we must work HARD to stay FIT AND HEALTHY!!
  • Zaftique
    Zaftique Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    "What are your secrets?!"

1. I bathe in the blood of virgins right after a juice cleanse. Really clears out the pores, I'm tellin' you.
    2. Sacrificing a 2-year-old white rooster on the third full moon of an even-numbered year helped me shed 50lbs in one week! It was amazing.
    3. I ate less and worked out more.