What do you order at Mcdonalds? (If you go there)

Options

Replies

• Ohmydaze
    Ohmydaze Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Yeah, was going to guess you're from the U.S. (Purely because what you're describing isn't true in my own country)

I checked the nutrition calculator on my nifty website : http://www.mcdonalds.co.uk/content/ukhome/meal_builder.html

In England you choose your own meal items.
  • iecreamheadaches
    iecreamheadaches Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    the southwest chicken salad is pretty good. I just tried that the other day, and it was relatively low calorie (for a fast food joint anyway). I ordered mine with grilled chicken. 390 calories with the dressing packet, 290 without.

or Ill get the grilled chicken club sandwich which is 510 calories, but I try to only eat the sandwich unless I know I' m not eating much else for the day and can afford the calories.
  • NessaR2011
    NessaR2011 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    It sounds silly and maybe a little control freakish but before I go to ANY restaurant or fast food place, I look at their menu online. Most places have all their nutritional information available online and I basically choose based on that. It's an extra couple of minutes planning but once you get used to which meals wont kill your calories for the day, you'll know what to order before looking it up.
  • agsmith132
    Options
    Honey Mustard grilled chicken snack wraps. :)
  • Greytfish
    Greytfish Posts: 810
    Options
    My favorite though is the double quarter pounder with a coke. Ohhhh baby that thing is delicious, but if you go large size you could be looking at up to 1400 calories and some terrible macros... good for a lifting day though. :)

Ugh, no.
  • darpav
    darpav Posts: 3
    Options
    Tap water if there is no other place to get it around :)
  • D_squareG
    D_squareG Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I'm just curious what you guys order at Mcdonalds. For breakfast I just ate a Mcdonalds sausage biscuit & 1 1/2 sausage burritos.
    Let's just say . . my calories for today are almost all gone. Lol. I have to stop myself from going to that place or ordering something healthier. Al though I know their salads have just as many calories, hahaha.

Breakfast, I eat the 250 calorie Egg McMuffin.

Their grilled chicken bacon ranch salad is only 230 calories. I usually get the Southwest dressing only 110 calories for the whole packet and I use about 1/2 of it by dipping my fork into the dressing versus pouring it all over the salad.
  • mboromom
    mboromom Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I like their Southern Chicken biscuits (430 calories)..on a highly active day I will grab one and a hashbrown(160 calories)
    I also like their premium wraps especially the southwestern that's like 460 calories...so I just make sure I put in the work, no biggie. I love their fries too, but I'm fine with a small.
  • chelstakencharge
    chelstakencharge Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    rarely go...but when I do, its a side salad with lite Italian dressing and a grilled chicken snack wrap
  • tesha_chandler
    tesha_chandler Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I get a water for me and a happy meal for my kids. Then I stare in jealousy and watch as they eat it.... :cry:

Why can't you eat it? :huh:
    I couldn't stop eating it if I started. lol
  • TripleJ3
    TripleJ3 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    I love their oatmeal. I'm not a mcdonalds fan other than I get their coffee every so often, or a mocha as a treat while running errands.
    I haven't tried their egg white delight, though. I love their yogurt parfaits and my kids like their "fruit smoothies". Generally I only eat their if I'm on a road trip.... but if I was to eat lunch or dinner I'd go with a happy meal. To me their salads are not sustaining. I even tried an extra chicken breast once and nope, I need the fat to keep me satisfied until the next meal.

Meant to add if I'm in a rush and need a breakfast other than a sit down one I go to Panera.
  • BigSnicka
    BigSnicka Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Egg white Delight on a rare occasion. I typically don't go there because it was my first job!!! OH THE HORROR!!!!
  • beamer0821
    beamer0821 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    mcdonalds is not my thing.
    but if i do ill have a plain cheeseburger usually no fries. or if my kids or husband have fries ill just have a few of those. thats it.

im fortunate that im not a french fry person either so those are no big deal for me to skip! lol
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    I can't even remember the last time I went to McDonalds... but... when I did I would order the oatmeal for breakfast... calories aren't too bad but the sugar is out of this world. For lunch/dinner I would get a grilled chicken snack wrap.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    If I EVER order anything from that sh!thole, it would be fresh french fries, or a soft serve cone. I don't have a problem with fast food in general, I just think it tastes like *kitten*, now. 9 x out of 10 I actually prefer and crave real food.

It's very rare I order FF anymore, from anywhere. I'm just over it, and it makes me feel like crap afterwards.
  • Wwonderful
    Wwonderful Posts: 145
    Options
    1 Double Quarter Pounder with cheese, a Big Mac, a large fry, and a large Chocolate Shake.
  • cebreisch
    cebreisch Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Egg McMuffin, if I'm "being good." I would love to have 2 of the bacon/egg/cheese biscuits every day if I could, but sadly, not food journal friendly AT ALL.

Lunch or dinner: usually a happy meal of some sort, either 6 piece chicken nugget or cheeseburger, or double cheeseburger.
  • HOPEPATRICK74
    HOPEPATRICK74 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I ALWAYS GET A SWEET TEA, AND FOR BREAKFAST I WILL USUALLY GET A MEDIUM VANILLA FLAVORED COFFEE. IF I HAVE TO GET SOMETHING TO EAT IT IS A HAMBURGER FOR LUNCH OR DINNER, AND FOR BREAKFAST I WILL USUALLY GET A PAIN BISCUIT WITH A STRAWBERRY JELLY PACK. THE FRIES UPSET MY TUMMY. MY SON USES TO WORK THERE AND HE SAID IF YOU WANT TO GET SOMETHING THAT IS FRIED, TO GET THE FISH BECAUSE THE OIL IT IS FRIED IN IS HARDLY EVER USED AND IS CHANGED FREQUENTLY.
  • Foodiethinking
    Foodiethinking Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Whatever is cheapest at the time, i.e deli of the day, and then work it into my day. It's less impulse- if I want it, I'll plan it and factor it in :)
  • victoria_1024
    victoria_1024 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    I haven't been there for a while, but I'm getting desperate for a shamrock shake with a small fry. I wonder how many calories a shamrock shake is... off to visit the website!