should we eat fruit in a diet or not?

Options
Hello !

I'm not doing a a specific type of diet. I'm just cutting off candy chips fried food bread flour soda. I'm making my portions Smaller and I eat fruit I eat oranges like 2 or 3 a day strawberries not always but when i do i eat 3 a day dates I eat like 10 dates a day and I bananas and apples.
I read in one article That I shouldn't eat any fruits that have sugar in it. I exercise For a hour a day everyday and sometimes more. Now I really would like to know why we should or shouldn't eat any fruit when deiting?

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    eat fruit, eat candy, chips, fried foods, bread, flour etc. Just so you know carrots have sugar....onions do...sweet potatoes do...milk does...

There is no reason to cut anything out just eat at a reasonable deficet...you will lose weight.
  • Sarahnade42x
    Sarahnade42x Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    YES! Eat fruits, because they're delicious and nutritious and you like them.
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Yes
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    eat fruit, eat candy, chips, fried foods, bread, flour etc. Just so you know carrots have sugar....onions do...sweet potatoes do...milk does...

There is no reason to cut anything out just eat at a reasonable deficet...you will lose weight.

This ^^
  • thatgirlkellib
    thatgirlkellib Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    yes eat fruit! I eat all my fruit before 1 pm when im hard core dieting. and that helps with fiber intake and low cal munching...sugars...whatever they are all natural sugar anyways.
  • ghoufran89
    Options
    Thanks for your replies!
  • bigmamabird
    bigmamabird Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Yes, fruits have sugar, but they also have TONS of other great things in them that your body needs. Please, eat the fruits and vegetables. No one ever got fat because they ate too many apples.
  • nomad1000
    nomad1000 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I eat fruits and other things with sugar in them every single day. Why deprive yourself?
  • aaronmrobertson
    aaronmrobertson Posts: 1 Member
    Options

NAILED IT. IIFYM.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure fruit is the root cause of the obesity epidemic. To boot, all of those vitamins and minerals and antioxidants are really not that good for you...and don't even get me started on how horrible that soluble and insoluble fiber is for you.
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options

^^^This^^^

Rigger
  • FitspoEm
    FitspoEm Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    i eat tonnnes of fruit!!! put loads in a blender with 250ml of water and its AMAZING
  • LadyLeo813
    LadyLeo813 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure fruit is the root cause of the obesity epidemic. To boot, all of those vitamins and minerals and antioxidants are really not that good for you...and don't even get me started on how horrible that soluble and insoluble fiber is for you.

Crying. Lmao.
  • thyme4
    thyme4 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    For me, I had to limit fruit. Sugar in pretty much any form is a craving trigger for me, and I have found that my "safe" level is around 30g a day. Higher than that, and my cravings return. So I still have it, but in small amounts and always in combination with other foods. I am so grateful that MFP helps me track and plan for this!
  • mfoulkebrown
    mfoulkebrown Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I LOVE fruit! Many types are very low in calories, particularly some types of berries. If I remember correctly, you can have a whole cup of blueberries for about 60 calories. Filling and a nice, sweet treat!
  • MDChesler
    MDChesler Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I myself have reduced the added sugars and have replaced them with fruit. I never use to eat fruit, I have found that I absolutely love fruit and find myself mindlessly munching on empty calories if I don't eat fruit. FRUIT FRUIT FRUIT OM NOM NOM NOM
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    I eat all those things you disagree with, just in moderation. :bigsmile:
  • KombuchaCat
    KombuchaCat Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Yes, while I understand the merits of eating anything so long as it fits in your macros and you will lose weight, I think for overall health, wellness, and lasting weightloss whole foods are the way to go. That being said anything that is truely in moderation is totally fine...just be sure it's actually in moderation :D
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    Why would you avoid it? There's nothing bad or wrong with fruit.
  • julie3231
    julie3231 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I asked my doctor this when I was asking her opinion on different diets since i need to lose some weight. Her response "you didnt get fat from eating fruit". Good point. Her recommendation was to eat as naturally as possible- whole grains, whole fruits and veggies (not juiced), lean protein, nuts and nut butters....and if you have an occassional piece of cake, don't beat yourself up. Just make sure that its really good cake and completely worth indulging. Just watch how much good stuff you are eating and don't overdo it on any one thing- be balanced and mindful.