The Walking Dead - Is it Just Me Or

Options

Replies

• Kissybiz
    Kissybiz Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    The only thing that bothered me about the last episode was that Beth drank the moonshine like it had no taste. Have you ever tasted moonshine? That stuff is nasty!!!!! Seems like the directors would have done a better job of that.. her first drink and she's not getting sick?
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    It is just me or.... is the show a piece of garbage joke compared to the comic book?

*crickets*

OK, just me then.....

(IN b4 "the show and the comic are two different universes")

ETA: Yes, I'm bitter. I'm allowed. I'M AN ADULT!!!

Comic are for jokes, I think. :smokin:
  • LeslieB042812
    LeslieB042812 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    I'm enjoying the change, too, but spent the whole last episode thinking that I don't think there would be anything worse than getting stuck alone with a teenage girl during the zombie apocolypse! lol And yes, I also expected the "I never had sex....." moment and was really glad it didn't come. There are boundaries, even then!
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    The only thing that bothered me about the last episode was that Beth drank the moonshine like it had no taste. Have you ever tasted moonshine? That stuff is nasty!!!!! Seems like the directors would have done a better job of that.. her first drink and she's not getting sick?

No, the first sip she made a face. Once the burn encompasses your mouth and throat, you can't taste it after that.
  • a_stronger_me13
    a_stronger_me13 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Isn't there supposed to be a spin off coming out soon? I'm more ready for that than anything. Or for this season to get its act together. Although, next week's episode looks promising, at least more action.
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    The last episode was so slow. I really wanted Beth to be walker chow. I was afraid she was trying to get Darryl to sleep with her. "I've never had sex..." I was sure she was going to say it.

I was just WAITING for the sex to happen. I was very surprised when it didn't. Beth is definitely acting like a spoiled little kid though. I don't think I'd miss her if she got eaten. I'd kind of be bummed for Maggie since she just lost her dad, but for all she knows, Beth is already dead anyway.
    It is just me or.... is the show a piece of garbage joke compared to the comic book?

*crickets*

OK, just me then.....

(IN b4 "the show and the comic are two different universes")

ETA: Yes, I'm bitter. I'm allowed. I'M AN ADULT!!!

YES. I watch the show because I do like Daryl, but it doesn't hold up at all. I never really rooted for anyone to die in the comics (that wasn't a bad guy) like I do for characters on the show.
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    I feel ya. I'm ready for Rick and Carl to find out that Judith is actually alive.

YES

+1
  • JenToms80
    JenToms80 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Definately a slow burner:)
  • Icelandic_Saga
    Icelandic_Saga Posts: 2,926 Member
    Options

lol I thought the same thing!
  • Go_Mizzou99
    Go_Mizzou99 Posts: 2,628 Member
    Options
    I miss the Governor.

If you ever watched Pinky and the Brain - then think of the Governor and his "pinkies"
  • KombuchaCat
    KombuchaCat Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    I kinda like the different set up for now. It's nice to be able to focus on a couple characters at a time, letting the anticipation build as they come back together :) And who didn't love that last one!!

I agree! However I liked the last episode but my husband did not. He said he felt like making Darryl say things like he could have done more and having him break down was too predictable for how TV usually is. I get it but I was like, he's not a robot, and all they've had is time to run around for thier lives and think about what they could or could not have done differently and rue the fact they had not meet up plan...that is kind of a WTF for me. He said that's fine but why make him say it out loud, why can't he just remain stoic and strong, etc...so I had to proceed and explain that it's TV and we can't read people's minds they have to either say the lines or have a voice over or we don't know...at any rate it was a whole big thing after the episode...LOL!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    Isn't there supposed to be a spin off coming out soon? I'm more ready for that than anything. Or for this season to get its act together. Although, next week's episode looks promising, at least more action.

yes, but I have not heard much about it ...I would assume it is a different "group"...
  • SapiensPisces
    SapiensPisces Posts: 992 Member
    Options

That was very weird. Recalling my first taste of moonshine... .uuuuuuuuuuuugh
  • Icelandic_Saga
    Icelandic_Saga Posts: 2,926 Member
    Options
    I kinda like the different set up for now. It's nice to be able to focus on a couple characters at a time, letting the anticipation build as they come back together :) And who didn't love that last one!!

I agree! However I liked the last episode but my husband did not. He said he felt like making Darryl say things like he could have done more and having him break down was too predictable for how TV usually is. I get it but I was like, he's not a robot, and all they've had is time to run around for thier lives and think about what they could or could not have done differently and rue the fact they had not meet up plan...that is kind of a WTF for me. He said that's fine but why make him say it out loud, why can't he just remain stoic and strong, etc...so I had to proceed and explain that it's TV and we can't read people's minds they have to either say the lines or have a voice over or we don't know...at any rate it was a whole big thing after the episode...LOL!

My husband didn't like him breaking down either, he said that now all of the women in america will be twice as in love as they already were ;)
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    I've loved the second half of this season, actual character development is happening!!!
  • KombuchaCat
    KombuchaCat Posts: 834 Member
    Options

My husband didn't like him breaking down either, he said that now all of the women in america will be twice as in love as they already were ;)

Hahahaha! Hubbies definately got a man-crush on Darryl so that's not an issue in our house :love:
  • BraveNewdGirl
    BraveNewdGirl Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Agreed! I never thought an episode with that much Daryl could be boring, but it was pretty slow. When I saw that he was strapped with Beth two episodes ago, I felt pretty bad for him... until in the next scene Tyreese was stuck with a baby and two little girls - one of which is definitely well on her way to becoming a sociopath. And then Carol returned and everything was right in the world (except for, like, the walking corpses).

Every single time Rick says or does anything, I can't help, but think "Can you NOT?!", though. I never thought I'd prefer Carl to Rick. Screw being forgiving, his impotence during the group's time in the prison was just WHARRGARBL!
  • SapiensPisces
    SapiensPisces Posts: 992 Member
    Options
    Pretty sure the spinoff won't be Daryl. They'd lost half their viewership if they did that.
  • fast_eddie_72
    fast_eddie_72 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I don't know if they need to get everyone together, but they need to get it moving. The last one really felt like filler. This needs to be leading somewhere. I have a feeling in the next few weeks, something big will happen. This has all felt like "set up" to me.
  • smelius22
    smelius22 Posts: 334 Member
    Options

That was very weird. Recalling my first taste of moonshine... .uuuuuuuuuuuugh

Agreed. Moonshine is disgusting. I've had it multiple times and still can't help but make a face when I taste it lol.