Post your "mummy tummy" before/after! I need encouragement

Options

Replies

• Happymom83
    Happymom83 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    ^Thank you! You are all very encouraging :)
  • Kamikazeflutterby
    Kamikazeflutterby Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    I always love seeing these threads, and I'm hoping I can get the "after" tummy soon.
  • Happymom83
    Options
    ^ we can do it together :)
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I had already lost about 20lbs for the first picture. And the last and first picture are both around 160lbs.

SideProgress.jpg
  • Happymom83
    Options
    ^ you look amazing! awesome job :)
  • jennieodwyer
    jennieodwyer Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    Here are my postpartum before and afters. I still have some loose skin and stretch marks on the lower part of my abs but I just tuck that into my undies :laugh: Clearly it looks way better once I lost the weight.

25-18monthcomparisonfront.jpg[/url]
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to pop in and say good job to the ladies in here!

Don't forget to eat plenty of protein (I try to get 100 g/day). And remember: Abs are made in the kitchen! :smile:

This, and STRENGTH TRAIN! I don't have any befores of my belly either, but I am still working on that six pack. I've lost about 4 inches in my waist.
  • pluto2626
    pluto2626 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    This just may be my favorite posts ever! This is so refreshing to see, all you mommies look AMAZING! My son will be 5 in December and I still have my mommy tummy, however I am determined this is my year to get back down to my pre-pregnancy weight. Seeing this pictures helps reassure me that I can get there. Great job ladies!
  • Mary407
    Mary407 Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    Great progress!!!! You will be where you want in no time, but, yes, the stretch marks and minimal loose skin will follow =/ Focus on lifting, which will tone your arms and legs and your belly will tone itself up with them! I can't tell you how much stronger my core feels just b/c I can now *lift* heavy everyday items properly due to strength training---we're talking dog food bags, squirming children, etc, that I can feel my core engaged on. When mommy feels strong, the superficial marks don't matter!

I love this! Thank you! I am working on becoming a strong mommy after baby #2. Bounced back like a champ after all natural delivery with baby # 1, but the tummy is a mess after baby # 2 turned transverse footling breech at 39 weeks and had to be delivered by C-section. :sad: She is healthy and perfect, so I am beyond grateful, but my tummy is a mess. I have the dreaded lower belly "shelf" above my scar, but am turning to strength training to try and address the big picture of strong mommy (and the shelf as well).
  • Happymom83
    Options
    Here are my postpartum before and afters. I still have some loose skin and stretch marks on the lower part of my abs but I just tuck that into my undies :laugh: Clearly it looks way better once I lost the weight.

25-18monthcomparisonfront.jpg[/url]

Awesome work! I cant wait till I cant post my even better results in a month or two :)
  • Mary407
    Mary407 Posts: 635 Member
    Options

Dang! You look GREAT! Awesome inspiration!
  • CassandraBurgos83
    CassandraBurgos83 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Before my 2nd and after my first:

004_4_zps46552e73.jpg

1 yr after my 2nd

9b48c5c5-9f08-4b0d-984a-bb46b05e20af_zpse46992d8.jpg

193b5eed-42b8-41ec-b56d-10351e27d029_zpsa988aaec.jpg
    [/quote]
  • Happymom83
    Options
    Dang girl! :)
  • thejadegirl
    thejadegirl Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Wow, everyone looks amazing! I had my son 5 months ago, lost all the weight (plus a little extra) and though I'm at a healthy weight (I'm 5'2", 117), I have a huge baby tummy lol. Looking to tone that up a little! I have never really worked out/worried about the crap I ate, but now that I have my son, I want to be healthy and strong! (Not just thin!)
  • CassandraBurgos83
    CassandraBurgos83 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    However he is 2 plus now and I've slacked a little. I'm on my way back to surpass that picture and be better than I ever was. We can all do this!
  • jennieodwyer
    Options

Awesome work! I cant wait till I cant post my even better results in a month or two :)

Thanks! It just takes time and patience. GRRRR!
  • jennieodwyer
    Options

Dang! You look GREAT! Awesome inspiration!

Thanks! Glad I can inspire someone :)
  • spunkychelsea
    spunkychelsea Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Everyone looks amazing! Replying so I can look later after baby #3 is out!
  • nicstir
    nicstir Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Wow you already a inspiration to me. I have a mummy tummy and it bothered me before, but seeing people post theirs I don't feel shy about mine. I have the stretch marks also and baggy skin in tummy area, and i hoping to fix it with healthy eating and workout. Thanks for sharing :)
  • TiredMom12
    TiredMom12 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    This thread is great. My 3rd child is going to be 3 in a few weeks and I still have to loose 20 lbs. and tone up my belly. It definatley is harder after each baby, especially since I had my kids later in life (my 3rd was when I was 40) and my two youngest are 17 months apart.

So, for the Moms that have seen real changes post-baby, you say weights rather than cardio?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!