Best Protein Powder

Options
I've never been a big fan of protein shakes/protein powder. Something about the texture and fake tasting flavors has kept me away. But I've been seeing a lot of shake recipes that I'd like to try. So I want your opinion. What are your favorite brands and flavors of protein powder?

Replies

• YorriaRaine
    YorriaRaine Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I hear great things about Optimum Nutrition but right now I'm using Pure Protein Vanilla Creme flavor and I like it.

Right now my problem is price, I use it very regularly now and my "monthly" supply isn't gonna be lasting no month.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love Trutein cinnabun flavor. I think they're on hiatus right now due to a change in the company name, but last time I checked, bodybuilding.com still had it in stock.

I drink it mixed with just water, and I think it tastes just like a cinnabun.
  • tariksehovic
    tariksehovic Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition 100% Gold Standard Whey

Right now is leading protein powder,

How does one rate a protein powder ?

- Mix-ability
    - Flavor
    - Nutritional Profile

As for flavors hands down the best is "extreme milk chocolate " and going in a close second is mocha

Most supplements are BS but if you are going to spend money DONT SKIM ON WHEY PROTEIN
  • n_unocero
    n_unocero Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    ON is good.

best tasting one I've ever had is muscletech phase 8 chocolate
  • GplusC
    GplusC Posts: 18
    Options
    I have had many. The new ones are getting better and better. I like most of em that are chocolate. By far the best tasting is ViSalus. It tastes like a vanilla cake. It is amazing. I mix it with other proteins to make them taste better. I am a promoter for ViSalus, but still it has my vote even if I didn't sell it.
  • piejin
    piejin Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Best to me means cheapest, so I use Body Fortress's vanilla.

In terms of flavor/profiles, though, ON is really solid and I'd def. recommend it! (just none of the fruity flavors, ugh.)
  • LearnFromTheRed
    LearnFromTheRed Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Are you in the UK? I like Puro Nutrition.
  • GeeWillickers
    GeeWillickers Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Taste is so subjective. Best bet is to reach out to the manufacturers and see if they will send you samples and go from there. Supplementsource always throws in a few samples of various flavors so, I'm sure other places do.
  • MzzFaith
    MzzFaith Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Somebody please tell me. I drinks Special K, & Whey protein.
  • dont_tap_my_aces
    dont_tap_my_aces Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I have always been a huge fan of Dymatize Nutrition - Iso 100.

I mix 1 scope of the gourmet chocolate with about half the water it says to use and it tastes amazing. almost too good.

the old formula had 0g fat and 0 or maybe 1g carb per serving. the new formula looks like they've upped to 1g fat and 2g carbs but also increased to 25g protein.

esupplements.com has it pretty cheap too, i think 24 bucks for the standard 1.5 lbs, and free shipping if you're USA
  • somefitsomefat
    somefitsomefat Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Get the one with the most synonyms for "extreme" on the package.
  • janessanessa
    janessanessa Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I love my Shakeology, strawberry is the best. :)
  • stantona81
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition is great.
    Musclepharm products are solid.
    BSN shakes are nice.

If you're going to be doing a lot of mixing, I'd pick up a vanilla type flavor.
  • moveitserenity
    Options
    I use Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey in Double Chocolate Rich. It's delicious and dissolves well.
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I'm a Dymatize ISO 100 girl myself. I like Chocolate for a quick shake (I make it with Almond milk, but in a pinch I'll use skim milk) and I like using vanilla just plain OR I'll make a smoothie with fruit and ice. Yummy!!!
  • Mom_of_X
    Mom_of_X Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    i'm a soy protein fan - vegetarian, but more so because i HATE the taste of casein and whey.
    unflavored is my go-to; mixes easily and i can have ANY flavor shake i feel like.

GNC - Jarrow - TwinLabs all rock.

Good luck!
  • TFaustino67
    TFaustino67 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    This >
    Optimum Nutrition 100% Gold Standard Whey

Right now is leading protein powder,

How does one rate a protein powder ?

- Mix-ability
    - Flavor
    - Nutritional Profile

As for flavors hands down the best is "extreme milk chocolate " and going in a close second is mocha

Most supplements are BS but if you are going to spend money DONT SKIM ON WHEY PROTEIN
  • Nebrie
    Nebrie Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Biox - Xtreme Power Whey Isolate is my choice. I do not suggest the banana-strawberry. That was nasty. The chocolate is legit though. Tastes like chocolate milk.
  • fitpiglet24
    fitpiglet24 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    plant fusion! not that im anti-meat or anything but its vegan and has super pure ingredients, mixes well and tastes pretty darn good!
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    i'm a soy protein fan - vegetarian, but more so because i HATE the taste of casein and whey.
    unflavored is my go-to; mixes easily and i can have ANY flavor shake i feel like.

GNC - Jarrow - TwinLabs all rock.

Good luck!

Vegan's will love Vega One Tropic Tango Protein shake. It's yummy, low in carbs, no added crap & sugars, low calorie, and pretty decent protein grams. I hate whey protein.