Les Mills Combat or Pump?

Options
Any Les Mills Combat or Les Mills Pump fans out there? Have you done the programs at your gym or at home? I am a HUGE Combat fan but haven't tried Pump yet. Would love to talk with you about either program!!

Replies

• Stacy_WLS
    Stacy_WLS Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Pump is great! They don't have it at my gym, but they have it by my parents. Every time I go visit I get guest passes so I can do it.
  • jencroki
    jencroki Posts: 30
    Options
    I love love love both! but I've done it at home, I'm actually starting a round of Les mills pump after done with the Les Mills combat round I'm starting next week. Pump at home workouts range from 10 mins to 55 mins. Is basically the same you see at the gym because is the same people but they joined forces with Beachbody and release the in-home version. There's even a DVD to show you profer form and grip of the barbell etc so even new people can learn proper form.

Les Mills combat in the other hand is my true love :) the home program has awesome music the routines are really tough and you sweat like crazy and the trainers are AWESOME and the main trainers are no other than the actual program and training director for the Les Mills Program (Dan Cohen and Rachael Newsham) :) and they are great, so the workout seven though are tough the time just flies and you feel like you can do even more.
  • golfergirl92
    golfergirl92 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I love both of them! They are provided at my gym and I go as often as I can. I usually end up going to Combat more since it works in my work schedule better. I lift on my own so I go to Pump to work on endurance. Add me if you'd like :)
  • jeeplovin
    jeeplovin Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I love both of them. They have them at my gym, and i go all the time.
  • soozey1
    soozey1 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Definitely both , love pump ATM it is my favourite .
  • Mauthos
    Mauthos Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Currently do 2 sessions of Body Combat per week at my gym, love it! Gets me sweating, improves my cardio and my flexibility and compliments my martial arts, although there are some things I have to modify as I would never do them in my martial arts training the same way as they do them on combat. Although sometimes I also get odd looks from the class as I am the only man who attends these sessions. :smile:
  • SlimSadieG
    SlimSadieG Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I do both as they are completely different... High intensity cardio Vs weight training. Big fan of all Les Mills classes, but I do LOVE Combat!
  • MissB46
    MissB46 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Pump all the way, don't like the look of combat....tried Body Attack too, again it's not for me, I like Grit tho....
  • nicole061488
    nicole061488 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks everybody for the insights! Are you seeing good results from the programs too? Or do you just really enjoy the workouts?
  • jencroki
    jencroki Posts: 30
    Options
    I don't have washboard abs but I started seeing definition when I was doing Les Mills Combat, so yes they do work and you learn to love the pain LOL :)
  • jeremywm1977
    jeremywm1977 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Combat.......Pump gets boring after a while.
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I'm currently doing Combat and after tonight I will be mixing with Pump! can't waaaaaaaaait. LOVE LOVE LOVE Les Mills.
  • mtngrl3
    mtngrl3 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Love Body Pump!
  • 2boo2
    2boo2 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I stopped doing both and it was the best thing ever.

It took a long time to correct the poor form that I picked up at body pump. After being coached by Olympic lifters and Crossfitters, my form has improved. During the 2 yrs of BP, no one ever came up to correct anyone's form. During 2 years, I have watched instructors who form is questionable.
  • Pucks_and_Balls
    Pucks_and_Balls Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I love Body Pump...I am going to try to make it to the class more than once a week though! If I can't, I will just buy the home set and supplement the class with it.

Combat looks cool, but I'm not really into kickboxing, so it's not my thing. I can see why others love it though!
  • RachelLM73
    RachelLM73 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I really want to start these and my local gym run both - should I give both a go? I've seen on the timetable that I can do one after the other - would this be okay?

Also are there beginners classes does anyone know or is it a case of just leaping in at the deep end?

Can anyone advise what is best to wear please?
  • dammitjanet0161
    dammitjanet0161 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Pump - some gyms do a 10-15 minute "intro" class (my old gym did when they first started doing the Les Mills classes). If yours doesn't, tell the instructor that you're new when you go to the class and s/he should spend a little extra time going through technique with you.

Combat - no need, just jump straight in! Again, the instructor should really be explaining good form as s/he goes through the class, and might break down some of the sequences to make them easier to follow. A tip: try not to fall into the trap of hiding at the back just because you're new - the better you can see the instructor the sooner you'll pick it up!
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I do body pump at my gym twice a month. They're going to eventually offer combat, but I don't know if I'll try it. I probably WILL try it at least once. I love body pump. I'm starting to add weights, and the feeling of accomplishment is great.
  • RachelLM73
    RachelLM73 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thank you :)
  • MikePXstream
    MikePXstream Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I have not done pump yet, but I finished combat just a few weeks ago I an really liked that program. I did it at home. Just enough to get a really good workout completed without hurting or killing yourself.