how to slim down this belly fat

Options
hello I been working out on trying to slim down my belly. Im going on a cruise and is y=trying to get in a swimsuit(2 piece) any ideals on what workouts would be good for your core? I need some advice please help me!

Replies

• kiwwwy
    kiwwwy Posts: 4
    Options
    running works best for losing belly fat :)
    and try to keep your core tight whenever you can!
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    you can't target fat loss. patience and calorie deficit is the only way you're going to do that.

don't listen to anything other than that.
  • linkirving
    linkirving Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    you can't target fat loss. patience and calorie deficit is the only way you're going to do that.

WORD. Working on your abs will just give you nice abs covered up by belly fat.
  • maroonmango211
    maroonmango211 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Keeping good posture and 'sucking it in' whenever possible will help give the appearance of a flatter tummy, but no work out will spot treat a pooch, abs are made in the kitchen, work on a healthy eating plan instead of crunch away on a mat ;)
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1161603-so-you-want-a-nice-stomach

Can't spot reduce. Just have to keep losing fat.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options

Nope....

Fork putdowns and table push aways do.

You can run, jump, ski, whatever, but if your body has fat on a different place of the body that it want to burn before belly fat, it will take from there first.

It's all about reduced overall BF%

Mild Caloric Deficit + Work (cardio and compound lifting) + Patience = Lowered BF%, and loss of belly.

You can get there with just 1+3, but would most likely be happier with your results if you incorporated 1+2+3.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options

No and not quite. Diet is far more important than cardio. Strength training boosts metabolism better in the long run. Engaging your core can help strengthen it, but it won't make belly fat disappear.
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options

x3 ... you can't spot reduce. belly fat is burned in the kitchen. making consistent healthy choices will lead to the body you want...in time. There's no healthy way to speed up that process....unless you have a time machine.
  • loubidy
    loubidy Posts: 440 Member
    Options

As above. (sorry if its not what you wanted to hear..)
  • cresha32
    cresha32 Posts: 4
    Options
    ok! thank you!! :))
  • kiwwwy
    Options
    agreed! abs are made in the kitchen after all :D

targeting one spot with exercising is not easy, so just eat right and try to move your whole body :)
  • kiwwwy
    Options
    i was trying to say that running is the best exercise for that. of course you need to eat right, that's the no.1 thing!
  • princesspinkk
    Options
    Please help me i need to lose 20 pounds by April. Any advice??
  • cresha32
    Options
    its cool I can handle the truth lol.. I was bigger then what I am now I have slimmed down my belly thanx to crossfit I just wanted to slim down a little more but so far Im happy with my results and all of you guys advice I greatly appreciate it...
  • SoreTodayStrongTomorrow222
    Options
    you cant spot lose :-( youre gonna have to eat perfectly and cardio cardio cardio
  • cresha32
    Options
    I hear you I'm a picky eater so I been trying to cut back on certain food Em not a vegetable lover I know that's a problem but I don't eat after 7p...I'm a keep pushing I'm determined.
  • loubidy
    loubidy Posts: 440 Member
    Options

Cut off an arm?
  • justifit
    justifit Posts: 26
    Options
    Yeah, it's all in the diet. Certain things we eat can just sit in our mid-section making us have that belly. Stay active and watch your carb intake. I have a little pooch that I am also trying to get off to look better in my bikini. Im just going to walk around sucked in when I wear my bikini if I don't loose it. I am tired of this. LOL!!
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    You might try starting your own topic with your question. :wink:
    I hear you I'm a picky eater so I been trying to cut back on certain food Em not a vegetable lover I know that's a problem but I don't eat after 7p...I'm a keep pushing I'm determined.
    Meal timing makes no difference, you can eat past 7pm or even 9pm - doesn't matter.

As for veggies, try roasting or grilling - brings out a different flavor and sweetness to them. I was never much of a veggie fan when i was younger but now I eat almost anything - although there are still a few items that I won't eat just steamed - like green beans! Gag! But I have a recipe for skillet green beans with walnuts and I gobble them up. Hated steamed zucchini when I was a kid, now I can eat heaps of it if it's grilled and drizzled with a bit of balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Yum yum!
  • erinn1977
    erinn1977 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I find that when I eat low carb I reduce belly fat quickly. Also, Denise Austin says that the best way to lose belly fat is not crunches but actually cardio workouts which burns fat.