Evening snacks?

Options
I've eaten over my calories today (by 100cals of 1300 daily goal), and so have no calories left for my evening snack and I'm starving! What shall I do?

Replies

• DavidSTC
    DavidSTC Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Maybe you aren't eating enough. 1,300 is very low. Are you the least bit active?
  • mssierra2u
    mssierra2u Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Make a slushy out of ice, lemon juice, and your choice of artificial sweetener. OR Understand that some days you will be hungrier than others, and that starving is counter-productive. However, it's also a good time to look at what you have been eating to figure out if you can add fiber or lean proteins to your meals.
  • annabeladcock
    Options
    Yes, I go to the gym and do a mix of cardio/weights about 3/4 times a week - but when I do go I eat back my exercise calories! SO usually it isn't an issue, but today I haven't been to the gym... And in terms of during the day, I'm a student so I'm in class all day... I do walk 15 mins up the hill every morning from my car to class if that counts haha?
  • cricket_77
    cricket_77 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Eat a little something and then make up for it tomorrow :)
  • annabeladcock
    Options

I was thinking of having an apple with a teaspoon of peanut butter? :)
  • SoreTodayStrongTomorrow222
    Options
    If you exercise that much, you could probably eat more and still lose - I opt for a few pieces of frozen banana - tastes like ice cream
    :-)
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options

Skip the PB & just have the apple
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    at 1300 calories eat the apple and peanut butter don't worry about it...not even tomorrow...
  • annabeladcock
    Options
    (bump)
  • annabeladcock
    Options
    at 1300 calories eat the apple and peanut butter don't worry about it...not even tomorrow...

Explain? :) do you reckon 1300 isn't enough? (on rest days)?
  • Tangosgrandad
    Tangosgrandad Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Perhaps if you gave some more info, stats etc, the kind folks on here might be able to give you some nutritional advice. If you are young, and unless you are extremely short, 1300 is way too little.
  • 1911JR
    1911JR Posts: 276
    Options
    I drink more water when this happens, and or do more cardio to make up the difference. Also for me, I eat however much raw broccoli or celery I want. I don't even keep track of the amount.
  • annabeladcock
    Options
    Perhaps if you gave some more info, stats etc, the kind folks on here might be able to give you some nutritional advice. If you are young, and unless you are extremely short, 1300 is way too little.

Okay :) well, I'm 18, 134lbs, have quite a sedentary lifestyle (student sat at a desk all day), but go to the gym 3/4 times a week. I'm only 5"2 so I'm quite a shortie! Macros are 50/25/25 (carbs/fat/protein) :)
  • meghan6867
    meghan6867 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Eat something. There are worse things than going slightly over your calories... like starving yourself and then going overboard on a pint of Ben and Jerry's later.
  • harphy
    harphy Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    If you are hungry, eat! Ignore being over calorie goal. Tomorrow you will be under.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options

Skip the PB & just have the apple

What's wrong with PB……….?

OP: I think you are eating too little for the amount of exercise you are doing.

If you tell us what your goals are (trying to lose weight, gain weight, maintain weight), your height, and your weight, we will be able to help you more!
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    Meet Scooby, you do not have enough calories obviously:
    scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/
  • Donald_Dozier_50
    Donald_Dozier_50 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I find that planning ahead and figuring in all meals and any planned snacks I am able to stick to the calories I have decided I will stick with. Also, vegies make great snacks with low calories. If I go over in calories because of vegies, I can live with that. I also am at 1300 calories a day which is what I decided was good for me.
  • Tangosgrandad
    Tangosgrandad Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Are you eating back all your exercise cals? If so, and your exercise routine is regular, why not spread out those exercise cals over the whole week? It might give you those few extra cals every day and help with the evening hunger?
  • lmmathis86
    lmmathis86 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I alway eat protien at night when this happens to me. I few slices of lunch meat always stops the hunger.