Post your "mummy tummy" before/after! I need encouragement

Options

Replies

• CassandraBurgos83
    CassandraBurgos83 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Weights for sure...or you can do a circuit workout with light to moderate weights including 30 sec cardio intervals in between.
  • smokeytex74
    Options
    OK...So I'll post a side pic...Not quite ready for a frontal view just yet...So many stretch marks...and a belly button that is nothing to be desired after 4 pregnancies, and 2 surgeries....lol.....:ohwell:

This is me at 193, "spilling" out of size LARGE:embarassed:

004_zps37504bfe.jpg

This is me at 153.6 in a size MEDIUM:smile:

IMG_20140305_105315_zps0dbbd167.jpg

EDIT~ Also went from a 40DD bra...to a 36C!

How did you do this??? I have been eating better and working in some exercises, but 4 months later.. I still look the same
  • jennieodwyer
    jennieodwyer Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options

So, for the Moms that have seen real changes post-baby, you say weights rather than cardio?

I started with cardio and that was a good way to ease in but I much prefer to maintain a caloric deficit through diet (as opposed to lots of cardio) and use workouts only for strength and muscle retention (so mostly resistance training). That is just me though.
  • Happymom83
    Happymom83 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    OK...So I'll post a side pic...Not quite ready for a frontal view just yet...So many stretch marks...and a belly button that is nothing to be desired after 4 pregnancies, and 2 surgeries....lol.....:ohwell:

This is me at 193, "spilling" out of size LARGE:embarassed:

004_zps37504bfe.jpg

This is me at 153.6 in a size MEDIUM:smile:

IMG_20140305_105315_zps0dbbd167.jpg

EDIT~ Also went from a 40DD bra...to a 36C!

How did you do this??? I have been eating better and working in some exercises, but 4 months later.. I still look the same

I was doing a lot of walking,using my recumbent bike, and doing ab exercises with weights, along with squats here and there...I fell off the wagon a few months ago...so this most recent pic shows my tummy a lil "flabbier" than it was :/ But I'll keep working on it....The weights did seem to really "tighten" it up. I HAVE to get back at it.
  • cassika1
    cassika1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    After my first two kids, I used MSM soap and took a MSM supplement. My stomach went back to (almost) prepregnancy size in regards to the loose skin. I didn't after my 3rd. My stomach horribly sags. I started with the soap again and I see an improvement. I do want to stress that MSM wont work unless you consume vitamin C as well. It's not a miracle worker. (maybe for some) But it does help quite a bit.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    So, for the Moms that have seen real changes post-baby, you say weights rather than cardio?

For me, yes.
  • Curvy_princess
    Curvy_princess Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Congratulations ladies.. you guys are doing an awesome job! Thanks for the much needed encouragement.
  • alexis831
    alexis831 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I am still working on my last pregnancy. I had so many c-sections I lost count lol but this one was the hardest. This kid sucked the muscle right out of me.
    Before my last kid.
    Image-9773315-188361020-2-WebSmall_0_5b369e87deeeed25527ee135aede2c3c_1
    After
    12543920_2517.jpg
  • Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I'm pregnant with #2 right now, so my progress was, erm, interrupted the first go around :smile:.

That said, I did get pretty far. My post-partum weight was 164 lbs (a lot for my 5'0" frame) and my stomach was hurting for it!

My last update photo was at 111 lbs (got to 107 but then, well, baby). You can see the photos on my myfitnesspal blog entry from that date:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Sparlingo/view/9-months-on-mfp-pics-progress-562921

For me it was a combination of weights, Zumba, and running. Nothing special for the diet. Crap stuff less often, veggies and protein a little more often, calorie deficit. Still had loose skin and a bit of excess fat on the tummy, but the stretch marks faded, the overhang was going away, and the more I focused on weight training the better my tummy looked. I'm excited to see where I can get after this next baby.
  • jardimgirl
    jardimgirl Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I am still working on my last pregnancy. I had so many c-sections I lost count lol but this one was the hardest. This kid sucked the muscle right out of me.
    Before my last kid.
    Image-9773315-188361020-2-WebSmall_0_5b369e87deeeed25527ee135aede2c3c_1
    After
    12543920_2517.jpg

great job! what exercises have you done?
  • Happymom83
    Options
    Sparlingo you inspire me :)
  • Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Sparlingo you inspire me :)
    :flowerforyou:
  • jehavin
    jehavin Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Here are my postpartum before and afters. I still have some loose skin and stretch marks on the lower part of my abs but I just tuck that into my undies :laugh: Clearly it looks way better once I lost the weight.

25-18monthcomparisonfront.jpg[/url]

I am going to friend you and beg you to lay out a step by step plan for me----I've hit a lot of my own goals but now I have AB ENVY!
  • jehavin
    jehavin Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Weights for sure...or you can do a circuit workout with light to moderate weights including 30 sec cardio intervals in between.

I do agree with this but have to say that the best thing that has helped my core is moderate heavy deadlifts/squats (I would say the sweet spot is about 10-15 reps) and OHPs. When you are struggling to get that weight up, your abs are experiencing hypertrophy (growth through tearing due to overload) AND you're hitting those arm and leg major muscle groups, too.
  • HanamiDango
    HanamiDango Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Dreamy mommies! :love: I was over weight with all 3 pregnancies and the last two really messed with my flabby tummy. I am hoping I can look at least 25% as well as you lovely ladies do. Keep up the good work. :flowerforyou:
  • jennieodwyer
    jennieodwyer Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options

I am going to friend you and beg you to lay out a step by step plan for me----I've hit a lot of my own goals but now I have AB ENVY!

Thank you! Friend away :smile:
  • hula808
    hula808 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I must friend you all. So inspiring!
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    First pic was me like 37 weeks last year. The week one was June 20th of last year. Other is current. I love seeing everyone's transformation, you all look great. You can do it, OP!

2e5r0pd.jpg
  • pammy5125
    Options
    It's been 24 years since my last baby and I still have my mummy tummy!:laugh: :laugh
  • Happymom83
    Options
    SugaryLynx

You look amazing!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!