doing home/gym workouts to get back in shape

Options
My goal is to lose about 20-25 lbs by summer. That's all I have left to get back to being fit. I like doing Zumba and walking. I don't really do much but I am looking to start adding more cardio to my workouts too. I had a workout buddy but she is moving up to New York in a week and I will be moving to Texas in a few months. I would like to find some people to talk to and plan workouts with. Feel free to add me.

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    My goal is to lose about 20-25 lbs by summer. That's all I have left to get back to being fit. I like doing Zumba and walking. I don't really do much but I am looking to start adding more cardio to my workouts too. I had a workout buddy but she is moving up to New York in a week and I will be moving to Texas in a few months. I would like to find some people to talk to and plan workouts with. Feel free to add me.

Zumba & walking are cardio ......did you mean add strength training?

I use DVDs for strength training......not good at the do-it-yourself workouts.
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    I love my home DVD series workouts. I'll add you.
  • blb85
    blb85 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Yep! I swear by my at-home work-outs! I currently use YouTube videos and subscribe to ToneItUp, JessicaSmithTV, Blogilates, XHIT, Fit Sugar... Some others as well... It helps so I never get bored! Wish I could subscribe to a Zumba streaming one... I can never make the Zumba schedule classes by me and the DVDs get boring since they don't change...
  • caitlindrew422
    caitlindrew422 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I work out just at home. I have one piece of equipment, a stair climber, then I like to do just videos off of you tube really, I just search whatever kind of workout i'm in the mood for and find one that is an amount of time that I want and that looks good! I also have 30 day shred by Jillian Micheals which I must admit I have never completed but I like to take it out here and there for a nice 20 min. workout as well.
  • KetosisTina
    KetosisTina Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    me and the hubby have been working out at home for a while now. We quit the gym over a year ago. No more driving there and forgetting stuff. No more waiting for "that guy" to get off the one machine you need to finish your workout. We get to work on our schedule. He has lost 85 lbs and I have gotten back into shape after a bad accident left me in a wheelchair for about 4 months. We have a nice collection of different workouts so we are never bored.
  • Christinelmt78
    Options
    I just started using fit sugar on you tube snd there are a few 40 minute full body workouts on there that uses light weights.. Really good workouts..
  • loconnor466
    loconnor466 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I go to Jazzercise a couple of times a week, its more of a circuit with cardio and weights than zumba. Then on the off days me and hubby are doing JM 30 day shred, and no more trouble zones. Again incorporates light weights.
    My next goal is to start heavy lifting
  • sleibo87
    sleibo87 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I owe most my success to jillians Body Revolution. Totally worth the money and I never went to a gym. Check out my photos on my page and add me!
  • kiracama
    kiracama Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    No I do some strength training at the gym. I just started with the Zumba as my cardio workouts.
  • BigTireFlipper
    BigTireFlipper Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    You want to raise your heart rate? Sledgehammer, Heavy Rope, and a big tire. There are a number of things you can do with just those three that will wear you out.