The feeling of not wanting to go run :(

Options
2»

Replies

• CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    I don't feel like it either.... But I am heading out in five minutes to do it anyway :)

Oh fine! I'm going, too! :smile:

See, OP, now you have to!
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    I don't feel like it either.... But I am heading out in five minutes to do it anyway :)

I went in 22 degree wind chill today, shorts and two shirts....get cracking!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options

Hey, it was 18 for my 5K last weekend! I'm on it, baby. :wink:
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options

Hey, it was 18 for my 5K last weekend! I'm on it, baby. :wink:

Love it when someone calls me Baby; go get 'em R!!!! 14 days til Spring woo hoo!!!!
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    get dressed in your workout clothes. putz around the house as long as you'd like, do those little chores that you never do but now all of a sudden you have to do. those dishes in the sink that can wait until later? do them now.

but eventually you'll find that you can't delay any longer, and you'll realize that you're in your work out clothes and that you didn't get dressed for nothing.
  • tonileigh820
    tonileigh820 Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    I don't wanna go to work everyday, but I still suck it up and do it. I look at running the same way, it's just something I have to do whether I feel up to it that day or not.

never once have I regretted it and I promise you won't either!
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Quit whining, put on your gear, and fake it til you make it.
  • KeithAngilly
    KeithAngilly Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Just start..

you don't have to finish...

But you will. :wink:
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    Options
    I have to run in a couple of hours. I am tired, i will have a house guest staying with me tonight and for the next few days. I have to take my child to competitions all weekend long, this work week has been so draining a d stressful, and it's raining. The feeling of not wanting to run will not go away for me. I will run at six though, and at seven I'll be glad I did.
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    The longer you put it off, the more you'll beat yourself up about it. The more you beat yourself up about it, the more likely you are to end up at Wendy's with a Frosty and french fries. If you end up at Wendy's with a Frosty and french fries, you have to hide the evidence in that dumpster down the road. When you go to the dumpster down the road, you get garbage on your shoes and make your car smell really bad. When your car smells really bad, you have to go to Walmart. When you go to Walmart, you get mugged in the parking lot.

Don't get mugged in the parking lot at Walmart.

Go for a run.
  • ComradeTovarich
    ComradeTovarich Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    The longer you put it off, the more you'll beat yourself up about it. The more you beat yourself up about it, the more likely you are to end up at Wendy's with a Frosty and french fries. If you end up at Wendy's with a Frosty and french fries, you have to hide the evidence in that dumpster down the road. When you go to the dumpster down the road, you get garbage on your shoes and make your car smell really bad. When your car smells really bad, you have to go to Walmart. When you go to Walmart, you get mugged in the parking lot.

Go for a run.

five-star-rating.jpg
  • 19TaraLynn84
    19TaraLynn84 Posts: 739 Member
    Options

Go for a run.

I'm dying over here!
  • erickbrian
    erickbrian Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Here's what my GF is doing:

She told me, her room mate, and her parents she started doing cardio kickboxing.

Everyday she's supposed to go, I ask if she went.

She's realizing how many excuses she's come up with before, the last time she said "I couldn't make any excuse to tell you, so I went."

She says she's been enjoying it. But she's still freaking lazy... (—_— )
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Step 1 - sign up for a race
    Step 2 - Get Your Butt Out There! That race is going to be miserable unless you put in your training time.

^^^Pro tip.