Canadian Eh! Down 152lbs in less than 6 months

Options
tecobird
tecobird Posts: 11 Member
I began using myfitnesspal the very day I began losing weight (day 177 on March 6th). I started off at 543lbs on Sept 11th, 2013 and next week will be 6 months I have been on my personal diet. I am currently a candidate for Bariatric Surgery but at the rate im going?? Who knows? I have a lot to think about the next few months about if I want to proceed with the surgery or not. I update progress daily at www.facebook.com/tecosdiet . Using myfitnesspal has really been beneficial to me. Feel free to send me a request, the more on this journey, the merrier! :)

Replies

• kjwalker59
    kjwalker59 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    WOW! You look great. That is wonderful progress in such a short time. Congrats. I'm sure if you keep going with what you are doing - you won't need the surgery - you will have already lost so much weight you won't need it!
  • NessaR2011
    NessaR2011 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Wow that's amazing!! I stand-up the surgery! You got this all on your own!
  • kvan64
    kvan64 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow Canadian! You are Awesome! Just keep going.....never give up and you will reach your goal! What and inspiration you are and will continue to be for others on this journey. Oh and also....our never ending winter.....think spring.
  • hozik
    hozik Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Bravo! Well done. Sounds like you don't need the surgery. Keep up the good work!:drinker:
  • Keep_The_Laughter
    Keep_The_Laughter Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    You are awsome! This thread is inspiring. Be well and best of luck with the rest of your journey.
  • shaynepoole
    shaynepoole Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    great job :)
  • AButterflywithin
    AButterflywithin Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    That is so ding dang awesome, what did you do??? Can you please share?
  • craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Awesome progress!! Well done and keep up the great work.
  • Brianne333
    Brianne333 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Well done and congrats!!
  • Ptolia69
    Ptolia69 Posts: 2
    Options
    Fantastic :) Keep up the good work.
  • GoalMinus100
    GoalMinus100 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Good for you. I've considered surgery too but after looking into it more closely I'd never have the surgery. I'm a nurse and have seen so many of the surgeries fail I would not recommend it to anyone, especially since you are doing so well. When you talk surgery, ask about the success rate after 5 years. There is a honeymoon period for a year or two and then trouble sets in. And that does not include all the very sick people post-surgery that I've seen in the ER, or hospital admissions years later with bowel perforations or blockage. If you need motivation moving take a look at Striiv pedometer. There are some good videos on youtube about it. It's a little game/pedometer. I'm having a lot of fun with it.
  • aliciadub
    aliciadub Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success! Quite an amazing accomplishment. :) And I'm with the others...I'd definitely put the surgery off.
  • lisaabenjamin
    lisaabenjamin Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Way to go! You seem to be managing your weight loss all by yourself so I'd say, why put yourself through a major surgery??
  • Kookyk9s
    Kookyk9s Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Well I cannot say that I know what is right for you regarding the surgery. I am a big fan of the "it if works do not fix it" point of view. Only you know whether you have or can accomplish a lifestyle change that you can live with for the rest of your life or if the only way you will get to that is by having surgery. The question does deserve careful consideration considering your current success which is FREAKING AMAZING.
  • bermudamel
    bermudamel Posts: 212
    Options
    you look amazing! keep up the great work avoid the surgery if you're doing this great so far!
  • pyrowill
    pyrowill Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    Fantastic work dude, I admire that even being a candidate for surgery you are realising there is a possibility of doing it without. Good luck with your decision!
  • tecobird
    Options
    I have a daily log on facebook www.facebook.com/tecosdiet Pretty simple tho, 2000 cal per day diet, tome of exercise. Healthy choices but above all... Got off my @ss :)
  • tecobird
    Options
    Kvan64... ya love that comment... Our neverending winter... lol I think our politicians got rid of spring at the last session lol
  • fpelletier
    fpelletier Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Wow! Amazing job, you can totally do this yourself, look what you've already done in such a short time. Keep up the hard work!
  • HanamiDango
    HanamiDango Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Amazingly awesome job! Keep up the good work.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!