Do you tend to eat more when you eat breakfast?

Options
2»

Replies

• AwesomeGuy37
    AwesomeGuy37 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    It seems that whenever I eat breakfast (Usually dry cereal or oatmeal with a banana or apple) It tend to eat more throughout the day. I know your *suppose* to eat breakfast and everything but would it be so bad if I don't? Side question; what usually cases you to eat more then planned?

Those carbs may be why?
    I eat protein for breakfast.

"Side question; what usually cases you to eat more then planned?"

If I eat carbs for, or no breakfast.
  • rwendt028
    rwendt028 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I think for me if I eat a small breakfast, like a meal replacement bar or a small breakfast sandwich I do get hungry more and feels like I eat more throughout the day. BUT if I get up and eat a fairly large breakfast to where I feel full then i am not hungry until much later. Basically switch around the idea that dinner is the large meal should help.
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Breakfast like a King :flowerforyou:

Lunch like a Prince :smooched:

Supper like a Pauper :bigsmile:

For me...... 6 a.m.-->. I eat oatmeal, 2 cups berries, 3 tbs crushed hemp hearts and my beloved coffee!! Does that work out to 12 grams of protein? I can make it lunch without chewing on belly button. Almonds and an apple get through the afternoon - I find that it helps to eat more protein at breakfast and lunch and that seems to curb the eating too much later.
  • jazzcatastrophe
    jazzcatastrophe Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I don't necessarily eat more, but I am definitely hungrier the rest of the day when I have breakfast versus when I hold out until lunch
  • EpsilonGamma
    Options
    http://www.leangains.com/2012/06/why-does-breakfast-make-me-hungry.html

Check out my blog as well. I've been doing this for a year now.
  • redheadmommy
    redheadmommy Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    For me, it depends on the breakfast. If I have something carb-y in the morning (cereal, fruit, bread, etc) then I feel pretty hungry again a couple hours later. But if I have a lot of protein with a hefty portion of my daily fat, then I feel full for several hours, sometimes skipping lunch entirely. One weekend, I had a "full English" breakfast at 10 AM--this included tomatoes, mushrooms, beans, eggs, bacon, sausages, and just a little bit of potato bread--and while the breakfast was probably 1200 cals, I ate nothing for the rest of the day except for a small snack of cheese and crackers before bed.
    yep , that is exactly what I experience.
    If I eat eggs, ham, bacon, veggies, minimal fruit for breakfast , I actually eat less in he afternoon. No breakfast or carb loading breakfast often ends up in binge later in the day.
    When I had time to eat any type of breakfast I waned, I ate like 800+ calories, and skipped lunch entirely without hunger.
  • krennie8
    krennie8 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Only if I eat cereal, which I don't.

Two scrambled eggs, half a bagel + good cream cheese, plain oatmeal with some dried fruit, breakfast sandwich (375 cal homemade version) all keep me full till lunch. Sometimes I'll have a 50 cal yogurt or banana w/peanut butter if it's a smaller breakfast like the two eggs.

I was never a breakfast person, but I was a night owl with a propensity to eat far too much at night. Now I find I need breakfast w/the reduced daily calories.
  • Grannyfan
    Grannyfan Posts: 11
    Options
    Breakfast like a King :flowerforyou:

Lunch like a Prince :smooched:

Supper like a Pauper :bigsmile:

For me...... 6 a.m.-->. I eat oatmeal, 2 cups berries, 3 tbs crushed hemp hearts and my beloved coffee!! Does that work out to 12 grams of protein? I can make it lunch without chewing on belly button. Almonds and an apple get through the afternoon - I find that it helps to eat more protein at breakfast and lunch and that seems to curb the eating too much later.
    My goodness, I have not heard that for years and years. My mother used to preach this when I was a kid. Actually, I think it sounds fairly sensible advice .
    If I eat a good protein breafast, then I do not get hungry and start scrounging around looking for something to snack on before my next meal is due. I find a good breakfast prevents me from eating things of poor nutritional or undesirable calorifc contents. When it comes to my midday meal, I am ready for it , and I usually enjoy it much better when I have not taken the edge off my appetite with in between snacking. In the evenings , I prefer to eat earlier now that I am older , than I once did . I like to have the meal over and done with and the kitchen cleaned up by 6- 6.30 pm at latest. And that way I have about 3 hours to digest it properly before I toddle off to bed. I hate going to bed with tummy overload, and I don't think it is healthy and can result in heartburn and other unpleasant symptoms to disturb my beauty sleep.
    We are all a bit different I guess, so each to their own. Only we know how we truly feel and how our own bodies respond. If I didn't eat breakfast, I would more than likely become constipated... and let's not go there. Suffice to say , it is evil at my age !
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    Not eating breakfast has been one of the best things I've ever done. It made me hungrier and I was always looking to the next time I was able to eat. So I tried going all morning without eating and after a day or 2 found I was not hungry at all. Much simpler & easier this way.