I have a confession....

silverraiyne
silverraiyne Posts: 683 Member
...I hate to go to the gym after I get off work in the evening. My main reason? I work in a profession where I have to meet with elite clientele on a regular basis which means I normally have makeup on. I don't want to rush home and remove all my makeup, especially knowing I'll be showering after the gym anyways, but I don't want to go to the gym wearing makeup... I don't want to be THAT GIRL, you know, the one with the a full face of makeup, freshly blown out hair, yoga pants and a push-up bra -- the kind of woman all the other women in the gym just want to punch in the face for looking so flawless while everyone else looks like a big sweaty mess. So, instead I just skip out on going unless I'm fresh faced that day. Any other women have this issue?

Oh, one more confession...I've taken a selfie in the gym on one occasion, it was Super Bowl Sunday and I had the whole place to myself -- I wasn't wearing any makeup :wink:

Replies

• CometMeebru
    CometMeebru Posts: 122
    not sure if serious

you know gyms have bathrooms, in which there are sinks and soap. wash your face in the gym's bathroom

i dont want to live on this planet anymore
  • ashleyblossom1
    ashleyblossom1 Posts: 699 Member
    i dont want to live on this planet anymore

Wow I agree.

I don't wear make up so I don't feel your pain but I would assume no one cares.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    I'm so happy for you you look flawless lol
  • ComradeTovarich
    ComradeTovarich Posts: 495 Member
    Man, why you girls hatin' cause a girl wanna be pretty at the gym? I know I can't do cardio unless I've AT LEAST got my mascara on. And don't get me started on squats.
  • silverraiyne
    silverraiyne Posts: 683 Member
    cc680c4791786abc262def311bde0ac2-thumb.png
    makeup_at_gym.jpg
  • JanaCanada
    JanaCanada Posts: 917 Member
    Why rush home to remove make-up? Drugstores have makeup remover wipes. Buy some...carry them in your car...problem solved.
  • TheLadyBane
    TheLadyBane Posts: 299 Member
    OP, I'd say who cares what anyone else thinks. If you go there to sweat and sweat hard then you are awesome. I've seen ladies with the cute matching booty shorts and tank tops, hair put up a way fancier ponytail than mine, who seem like they are just there to look pretty... then they start pounding the weights.... AND THEY ARE AWESOME. More power to them if they can look pretty while doing it, lol.
  • fificrazy
    fificrazy Posts: 234
    You could just tell anybody who asks why you're wearing makeup this confession.
    It's a long story, but I highly doubt anyone will ask you. So you're probably good.
  • I don't think you should worry so much about what other people will be thinking. Some people will judge you, others won't. But people are going to judge you regardless of what you do, so you may as well do what is best and easiest for you. Also it's not horrible for a girl to wear makeup whenever she feels like it. Lets not be so hard on each other:)
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Confession: I don't give a rat's patootie what people think of me and you should borrow that quality from me.

Work out and kill at it.

That's all.
    Have a good day. :flowerforyou:
  • RunMyOregonBunsOff
    RunMyOregonBunsOff Posts: 862 Member
    I totally agree about getting makeup removing wipes or just hitting it hard with the makeup on. If you bust out a great workout, get all sweaty, mess up your makeup like you don't even care (and aren't wearing a pushup bra) any doubters will figure it out on their own. I've worked out with makeup on and I'm sure I looked like a mess. If anyone judged that's on them the same way it is for anyone that's judging my imperfect body when I'm out running in clothes that show all the imperfections. I'm working towards being the best me I can be and if they are judging, I'm going to pass them all because they aren't working hard enough! Just do your thing, honey!

Oh and I only wear the running clothes I do because they stay inplace way better than baggy sweats and over sized tees.
  • BraveNewdGirl
    BraveNewdGirl Posts: 937 Member
    Oh wow, don't let some snooty pictures shame you into removing your make-up if you're comfortable wearing it while you work out! If you're like me, a scrubbed face just feels a bit better to work with and there's always sinks in the change rooms or washrooms! Or, as others have suggested, disposable wipes are available at most drug stores. Don't pay any mind to that kind of silliness. Anyone that cares that you're wearing make-up while you hit it is beneath you!
  • cc680c4791786abc262def311bde0ac2-thumb.png
    makeup_at_gym.jpg

"Obviously"

Way to question someones agenda via non-original internet picture before you know anything about them. Shouldn't you be working out at the gym and not judging people? This is why people are afraid of working out in public.
  • Sinisterly
    Confession: I don't give a rat's patootie what people think of me and you should borrow that quality from me.

Work out and kill at it.

That's all.
    Have a good day. :flowerforyou:

This

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Also adding:

I'm the only person at my gym that sits there mouthing the words to every single song obnoxiously.
    I simply don't care. I'm there for me, not for random people to judge me.
    What they do with themselves is their own business.

Even if they have body odor, all I have to do is move if it bothers me.

There for me, not them.
  • Sinisterly
    Lol i do the same when listening to my music, even headbang occasionally to my Metallica and Rammstein songs :happy:
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    Funny when people stare. I just keep going lmaoooo.
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • Sinisterly
    Lol i do the same when listening to my music, even headbang occasionally to my Metallica and Rammstein songs :happy:

I stopped caring about how people look at me, at least in the gym. I am there for me, so buzz off, if you wanna stare only @ hot people don't go to the gym
    THIS! So much THIS.

All drippy and sweaty.. Getting my workout on and people looking hahaha. NOPE!
  • I'd just think that you still had it on from the day or, more likely, wouldn't even notice. I'm there to do my workout. I don't notice if other people are made up or not. I'm just not looking. I'd go in make-up if I were to go after work and I wouldn't care one bit what anyone else thought. Not that it's likely that they are thinking anything other than about how their own workout is going. What's the saying, "We wouldn't care so much about what people thought about us if we knew how little they did" - or something like that.
  • autumnblade75
    autumnblade75 Posts: 1,660 Member

That's when you throw up some devil horns and rock out harder!
  • polishmehappy
    polishmehappy Posts: 92 Member
    Makeup wipes hon, they are your friends. Don't put off going to the gym because of makeup. Carry a pack of wipes in your gym bag and simply wipe your face down before your work out. If you remove just your foundation and clean around the eyes you will still have your eye makeup on (therefore look somewhat put together) but your face will be clean of the rest.
    The Neutrogena MU remover wipes are great. There is also the dry cloths that you run under water to activate the soap (these are the BOMB).
    And like someone else already said on here...there is always the sink :)
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    I wouldn't care tuppence if someone is wearing make up or not. I never look that closely at what anyone else is doing. Personally I rarely wear make up myself. Unless my psoriasis is in full flare mode in the summer. But that's all about ME, ME, ME!!! & how I feel about covering it up. Couldn't give a toss if someone else doesn't like it.