Quest bars

Options
Hi! Any tips on the best places/sites to purchase Quest bars?

THANKS!

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Shop the sales. I usually wait for a sale at GNC - if you are a member its an even better deal. I've also ordered from Amazon too.
  • bethest1
    bethest1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Thanks! :-)
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    I have yet to try these, but I have heard good things. I usually eat Think Thin brand protein bars. They are around 20g protein, 220-240 calories, low sugar and carbs and gluten free. I get them at my grocery store for $1 each when they are on sale.
  • LVCeltGirl
    Options
    Depends on where you are located. GNC is a good place that's located almost everywhere. Amazon is great too. Pretty much any good "vitamin" or supplement store should carry them (I've seen them at the Vitamin Shoppe too). They are not found at grocery stores or Whole Foods Markets (or even stores similar to Whole Foods) at this time.

Here in Vegas the cheapest places (when there's not a sale going on) are Nutrition Rush and I think the other is Las Vegas Nutrition. I can usually get them there for $2.50 a bar plus a 10% discount if I buy 12 bars. That might be the same other places that have the store close to the local gym (the places in Vegas I mentioned are close to if not inside of the Las Vegas Athletic Clubs).

I like going into the store because I can mix and match so easily, plus I can ask the person (or people) working what their recommendations are.
  • 99clmsntgr
    99clmsntgr Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    bodybuilding.com will put them on buy two boxes get one sale (12-bar box is currently $24.99).

Or join the Quest email list. Every once in a while they put a good sale on their own site.
  • bethest1
    bethest1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info! Sounds like they're pretty pricey everywhere. Guess you get what you pay for. ;-)

I'll keep an eye on bodybuilder.com and I'll sign up for the emails too. Thanks!
  • brilliantcoe
    brilliantcoe Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I also eat the Think Thin Bars - what is the difference between them and the quest bars? They both are Gluten Free, 20g protein. Has anyone compared the 2?
  • MichelleMinus100
    Options
    I just ordered the sample box from Quest.

Oh my word! What FUN! We cut each one into 4 pieces to try each flavor (not in one day). We started with all the chocolate ones. There's so many great flavors, but a few are really horrible (in my opinion).

I love nougat candy and I can't believe how crazy delicious some of these are! The cookie dough taste and texture is wonderful! I'm going to use these when I really want a sweet treat!

I can't remember where I first learned about these (somewhere here on the MFP forum), but THANK YOU to that person who mentioned these! I'll be purchasing on Amazon with free shipping by the case!
  • JazmineYoli
    JazmineYoli Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I used to get them from GNC, but now I go to Vitamin Shoppe. It was cheaper and I didn't need the paid membership of GNC.
  • brilliantcoe
    Options
    Because of this post, I ordered a box of 12 from the Quest website - it was $25, free shipping and they gave me a Cookies and Cream free. I tried that one today and it was really delicious and satisfying! Are you guys buying cheaper than $1.92 a bar?
  • Suzibluski
    Suzibluski Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I have shopped around and at the moment ordering them off the quest site is the best price I have found so far. I eat these most days for breakfast. I love the fact that they have protein and fiber and I feel full for hours after I eat them..
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    I also eat the Think Thin Bars - what is the difference between them and the quest bars? They both are Gluten Free, 20g protein. Has anyone compared the 2?

Curious if anyone has an answer to this. I have not tried the Quest, but the Think Thin bars are pretty good and a lot cheaper.
  • FarTooJones
    Options

Curious if anyone has an answer to this. I have not tried the Quest, but the Think Thin bars are pretty good and a lot cheaper.

From what i can see, i think the Think Thin are a little higher calorie, lower fiber vs the quest. I think around 230 calories, and i can't find the fiber amount.
  • Chelz2013
    Chelz2013 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    The only flavor I've tried is White Chocolate Raspberry and I love the taste of it! Cookies & Cream (Oreo) is supposed to be awesome, too.
    I looked at Amazon.com and GNC.com a few weeks ago. GNC.com had a sale price on one flavor only with free shipping and the store matched the sale (12 bars for $24). A friend just gave me a coupon to buy two boxes for $48 at GNC. It was in one of the fitness magazines. I don't want to pay more than $2 each.
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    Depends on where you are located. GNC is a good place that's located almost everywhere. Amazon is great too. Pretty much any good "vitamin" or supplement store should carry them (I've seen them at the Vitamin Shoppe too). They are not found at grocery stores or Whole Foods Markets (or even stores similar to Whole Foods) at this time.

Here in Vegas the cheapest places (when there's not a sale going on) are Nutrition Rush and I think the other is Las Vegas Nutrition. I can usually get them there for $2.50 a bar plus a 10% discount if I buy 12 bars. That might be the same other places that have the store close to the local gym (the places in Vegas I mentioned are close to if not inside of the Las Vegas Athletic Clubs).

I like going into the store because I can mix and match so easily, plus I can ask the person (or people) working what their recommendations are.

Really can't beat the Vegas nutrition store. Not sure of their current name since new owners bought it. Also Vitacost has a store here but good online prices too.
  • brilliantcoe
    Options
    The Thinkthin only have 2g fiber, but you are right they are about $0.50 cheaper a bar. The carb count is comparable. The quest bars say they are natural but they have sucralose, which I don't really consider a "natural" sweetener. I tried the cookie dough one today and it was tasty. I do think that once I finish with the think thin bars I have I will move to the quest - I like that they have the extra fiber and they don't have a chocolate coating - less of a mess in the Arizona heat.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    The thinkthin bars are ok but don't fill me up as much as the Quest bars.