Getting in shape for a wedding?

Options
2»

Replies

• FreyjaFreyja
    FreyjaFreyja Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi :)

I'm losing weight for weddings too. I have one next week (which I have missed my goal for :( no!), and I'm bridesmaid in April and September too for my 2 best friends. They are both petite and slim, and I'm much taller and bigger and absolutely hate photos as I look even more horrendous next to them! I MUST drop this weight, or my fat *kitten* will be forever stuck in wedding albums.

I'd love to see how others are doing it too. I need easy food inspiration and ideas! Feel free to add me xx
  • cam_dotson
    Options
    If anyone is out there getting ready for a wedding and hoping to get in shape at a faster rate, I would recommend a fast combined with drinking lots of water and eating lots of fruits and vegetables as well as vitamins. Do this consistently along with exercise and rest and you are on your way
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Weddings are overrated. Most of them arent unique. They are just copies of the next person's
  • MVY_
    MVY_ Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Well...if my SIL ever gets married I might be wearing a bridesmaid dress. *sigh*

They look amazing because they are incredibly skinny...sooo if I am going to look good in a dress next to them I'll have to exercise my butt off. that is my motivation. :)
  • shanners85
    shanners85 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    My brother is getting married in August and my best friend in September. Trying to slim down for both of them! So far down 14 inches and 5.5% body fat!
  • dswolverine
    dswolverine Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married in Oct but i had my sister's wedding this past Dec and I have another wedding in April, so I started my efforts last July. I knew I didn't want to do some crazy crash diet leading up to my own wedding, since a) it never stays off for me and b) I really wanted to make a long lasting change. Since July I've lost about 13-14lbs. It's a slow process, but since I started so far in advance it's not nerve wracking, and I'm actually almost at my "goal" wedding weight right now. I was debating adding some more calories in temporarily (maybe not quite up to maintenance level) then re start this summer, but I"m hesitant b/c i don't want to "fall off the wagon" so to speak.
  • 4My40th
    4My40th Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Renewing vows for 25th anniversary May 30, ***2015***. Since we didn't have a traditional type wedding, we are doing so for our anniversary. So I FINALLY get to wear a wedding dress!!!! Don't want to wait until the last minute so starting now. Calorie deficit, healthier, smaller portions & working my BUTT OFF....literally (I hope) :)