8 Hour Diet vs. Myfitness pal

2»

Replies

• mamacapossela
    mamacapossela Posts: 2 Member
    )
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Hey - the great thing is you don't have to choose - you can do both!!!!!
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Ignore diets. Just use MFP.
  • Iknowsaur
    Iknowsaur Posts: 777 Member
    When you eat has no bearing on whether you lose or not. You have to eat at a deficit to lose weight and it really doesn't matter when you do it.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT1-czYeljr1ePAFC_-srscZBw1AFfp_Ry6Hn9ip_BE8B4bhWFI
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Sure you can do both. That's the great thing about MFP. There are vegans and vegetarians and people doing Paleo. I don't know if I could stay on an 8 hour eating window for the rest of my life though.
  • UmmSqueaky
    UmmSqueaky Posts: 715 Member
    All I know about the diet is the blurb on amazon - if it's eat anything you want for 8, fast for 16, I've done something similar, but for religious reasons. Muslims fast during daylight hours, in Ramadan and throughout the year if they want. Most muslims actually manage to eat their usual calories and oftentimes more, and will gain weight during Ramadan. For myself, I usually lose weight during the month, and then gain it back and more when I switch back to a normal eating schedule. My body gets used to 2 larger meals, and I just throw a 3rd one into the mix without reducing the size of the others. Been doing it for 13 years now, and it's not sustainable.
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Ignore diets. Just use MFP.

MFP/ IIFYM - Guess what? Its a diet.