Which of these bridesmaid dresses should I choose?

Options

Replies

• fitgirlandfoodie
    fitgirlandfoodie Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    #1 I think the pleat thingy in the second one will date badly in photos etc..
  • Blessed9jaBeauty
    Blessed9jaBeauty Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    #2, but it would be really cute if the top of #1 had the bottom of #2...then it would be perfect lol

OMG! My sentiments EXACTLY! LOL!:flowerforyou: Whatever you choose, I'm sure you'll look lovely. I pray that the day and the marriage is a success.
  • climbing_trees
    climbing_trees Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    #1 but take the flower off.
  • da1128
    da1128 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I like the simplicity of #1. #2 might be a bit busy with boots. You will look great in either dress!

Ask yourself, can I wear this dress again for another occasion? Would I want to? If so, go for the more classic #1.

Apparently, you are required to wear the cowgirl boots in the wedding to go with the 'theme'?

Just my opinion, but classic pumps would look better with both.

I am also in the minority, but I'd go with #1.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    I like the simplicity of #1. #2 might be a bit busy with boots. You will look great in either dress!

Ask yourself, can I wear this dress again for another occasion? Would I want to? If so, go for the more classic #1.

Apparently, you are required to wear the cowgirl boots in the wedding to go with the 'theme'?

Yes, it's a rustic/country themed wedding. Cowgirl boots are required from all the bridesmaids. The bride will be wearing them as well, but her wedding dress is long. Think this type of thing: http://rusticweddingchic.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/bridesmaids-in-cowboy-boots.jpeg

I'm actually really excited about it. They'll definitely be more comfortable than the heels I wore to the only other wedding I've been in. I wore flats at my own wedding.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
  • Kalee34
    Kalee34 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    If I were buying it myself I would choose #2.
  • Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I vote for #2
  • brewji
    brewji Posts: 752 Member
    Options
  • Naina145
    Naina145 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I love #1 but if your wearing boots #2 would look better with it.
  • tapirfrog
    tapirfrog Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    I think pairing either of them with cowboy boots would be a mistake. It would make the boots look clunky and would ruin the lines of the dress.

However, I'm not the one who has to wear it and clearly my taste is not the bride's taste, so pick #2. It would go less badly with the boots than #1 would. (Personally, I think #1 is prettier, but the boots are going to be such a huge part of either outfit that you need to consider the overall effect.)
  • youngmommy2
    youngmommy2 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Both are nice but #1 is a bit plain for my taste and seeing the boots, I think #2 Would look better with them. Plus that is a dress I would definitely wear again.
  • rach503
    rach503 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I vote 1!
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options

Yes, it's a rustic/country themed wedding. Cowgirl boots are required from all the bridesmaids. The bride will be wearing them as well, but her wedding dress is long. Think this type of thing: http://rusticweddingchic.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/bridesmaids-in-cowboy-boots.jpeg

I'm actually really excited about it. They'll definitely be more comfortable than the heels I wore to the only other wedding I've been in. I wore flats at my own wedding.

Wow. Just be glad you aren't wearing those dresses. They are horrible. Not a one of those girls looks good in it.

And ladies. Shoulders back when you are wearing strapless...
  • ImpishVanity
    ImpishVanity Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I LOVE number 1
  • SutapaMukherji
    SutapaMukherji Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Apparently I'm in the minority but #1 is simple and classy. I like that one better.

My thoughts exactly...but I guess you shall look fabulous in either of the two.

Try #2 for the boots matching up thingy
  • mrandolph69
    mrandolph69 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
  • burns429
    burns429 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I vote 1...not sure about the skirt on the second one, there's a lot going there.
  • JenToms80
    JenToms80 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
  • becs3578
    becs3578 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Apparently I'm in the minorite but #1 is simple and classy. I like that one better.

I pick #1 too!!!! You are not alone. :)