Success stories by just staying under your calorie goals

Options
2»

Replies

• amblight
    amblight Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Me, pretty much! Of course, to eat less calories, I have changed my diet besides just eating less - I eat very little rice/pasta/bread, as I perceive it as 'filler foods' - since I had to cut down on my portion sizes, I'd much rather cut down on that, compared to the delicious things :) Plus, I find that protein and veggies with lots of fiber keep me full longer, so I don't miss the rice on my plate at all. I also eat less frequent than before. These are the only major dietary changes I've made, besides just being aware of choosing the less calorie dense options.

Exercise wise, it just sort of happened that my lectures were moved to the other end of the city when I changed my major, so before I had like 5min walk, and now I have 20min bicycle ride.
  • elghee123
    elghee123 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I read it somewhere here (in some messages) that 80% food intake and only 20% exercise. So I think it all boils down to what you eat that makes a big difference.
  • amystev41
    amystev41 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • DantonD
    DantonD Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Weighed 204lbs on Jan 1st
    Weighted 183lbs on March 7th

Didn't do one bit of exercise this entire time (unfortunately). At at about 500 calories below maintenance, and still cheated probably on average a day per week.

My scale tells me I'm at about 19% body fat. I think it might be over-estimating a little, but probably pretty close.
  • cehayessanders
    Options
    Hi, I stated with myfitnesspal last year in May. I have lost weight by exercising when I want and staying under my 1200 daily calories. I cut out all juices and just drink plenty of water as both juices and soda contain a massive amount of soda that defeats the purpose of trying to lose any weight. I don't eat red meats or pork (which is high in sodium), and I don't eat any fried foods. This has helped me to lose weight and I am still losing. Keep counting your calories and staying under your goals and you would be find. You don't have to equal the exact amount they your regiment stated you should maintain. I'm usually always under my 1200 goal and I try never to go over.

Let me know how you make out. Trying just drink water in place of the sodas and juices.
  • Kris_Caswell
    Kris_Caswell Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Really!? thats awesome! How long did it take to reach your goals?
  • Kris_Caswell
    Kris_Caswell Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Yep that would be me I have lost just over 73lb or 33kg with only modifing my diet. I started at 231.5lb or 105kg and now as of this morning I am sitting at 157.6lb or 71.5kg No planned exercise. I dont have any recent progress pics but below were the last ones I have taken. I do not have a pic from my highest weight.

Fotor01119434.png

OMG you look awesome! whats your diet like?
  • F00LofaT00K
    F00LofaT00K Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I lose about 1-2lbs per week eating 1800 calories and working full time in a very physical environment. I do not participate in any focused, intentional cardio or weight lifting because my schedule is WAY too full to add that on top of everything else going on for the next year. I've lost close to 40lbs so far. I have progress pics on my profile if you'd like to look.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!