Calling all 5'3" and 150 ish lb ladies

Options
Hello fellow MFP gals,

I am 5'3" and 152.1 lbs, 27 year old female. I would like to know how many calories you eat daily and what your end goal weight is. I was told I should have about 1800 calories per day yesterday but I have been eating about 1200-1300 calories per day. 1800 seems high to me to be trying to lose weight, so I am wondering what other people my size and height are doing. BTW, I am talking calories before exercise, I eat back my exercise calories (and so should you) but lets leave them out for now because not everyone is on the same exercise level. So how many calories do you budget for yourself before exercise?

Daily calories: (without exercise)

End goal weight:

Thank you so much for sharing!

Replies

• VCStarr
    VCStarr Posts: 155
    Options
    Well hello there...does 5'4" and 142 count?
  • midonhau
    midonhau Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and started my MFP journey at 177 lbs. I've lost 3 lbs so far. MFP put me on a daily calorie goal of 1200. I'm working towards getting to 130 lbs.
  • cuddlesworth
    cuddlesworth Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2" and 120 pounds I eat about 1300 cals...or try to..before work out...I usually end up going over and to me that is overeating, if I want to keep my weight..it fluctuates between 120 and 123 when I dont pay attention to what I eat...So I would say u are on the right track, as long as your body doesnt feel deprived
  • seemichellerun
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and 150lbs and my goal weight is 130lbs (or a size 6). I eat about 1400 calories a day.
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2.5" and 152.1 lbs as of this morning.

I have my base calories set to 1270 a day. I tend to burn around 300-500 calories a day working out, but I rarely eat back more than 100 of those calories. I've found I won't lose weight if I eat too much and I won't lose if I'm under 1200. So I eat on average 1300-1350 calories a day. Eating back exercise calories has never worked for me. I'm looking to get to 135-140 as my goal weight, since under 141 is a healthy BMI. It's been a bit slow losing for the past 2 months, but I'm sticking to my plan.
  • kheduarte
    kheduarte Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    1200 - 1300 seems about right to me (although so hard to do!). i'm 5'2" and 155. 1800 is way too high.
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3" and now about 145 pounds. I recently switched my goals to losing 1/2 pound per week...my calories are set to about 1460 per day with that. I had it set lower but this is so much easier for me to actually hit that mark. In October I lost about 5 pounds, shortly after making the switch - but there were a lot of changes going on so I can't completely attribute it to the calorie difference. Now I can pretty safely lose the 1/2 pound, possibly more depending on everything.

ETA: My current goal is 140 pounds, but I will reevaluate when I get there. I will likely go to 135 or 130.
  • alyz
    alyz Posts: 41
    Options
    Well, I'm pretty close to ya. I'm right at 5'4" and I now weigh 146. I started by journey here at 165. I am officially at a "healthy" weight now BARELY. My inital goal was 145, but now, I'm thinking that I'll aim for 135-140. I still got lots of jiggle going on ;). MFP only allows me 1260 calories a day without exercise, so I can't imagine how it's allowing you 1800. Is it set on maintenence? If I don't exercise, I ALWAYS go over my allotment.
    Good luck! Hope this was a bit helpful. What is your overall goal?
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options

Sure!

:blushing: But I am a bit jealous you are taller AND thinner! :wink:
  • mamalacroix
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and averaging 155, MFP told me (because of my lifestyle, exercise level, etc) about 1500 calories. I know it depends on how active you are how many calories they suggest. I'm a stay at home mom so I don't get around as much as I did when I was working, therefore my calories are lower than say, my husband, who is in the Navy and works with the engines, going up and down stairs/ladders and running around all day.
  • ChancyW
    ChancyW Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4" and 138lbs. I usually eat 1450 calories a day.

I my end goal is 127 (my sister is the same height and weighs that and looks great so I chose it as my goal weight as weel)

Have you decided on a goal weight for yourself?

-Chancy
  • vaavamom1
    vaavamom1 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    i am 5'3" 150 ,i am alloted 1200 cals before excercise.i burn close to 500 cals a day.my food diary is open.i usually do not end up eating all of it.not been successful with the weight loss :cry: although have lost some inches and feel thinner.
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    When I started MFP, I was 5'3 1/2 and 147.6. I ate about 1400 base calories and tried to eat some my exercise cals initially.

I lost 27 pounds in 5 months, so 1400 worked for me. I worked out like a fiend though, at least 6 times a week hard so that definitely played into my losing!
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and averaging 155, MFP told me (because of my lifestyle, exercise level, etc) about 1500 calories. I know it depends on how active you are how many calories they suggest. I'm a stay at home mom so I don't get around as much as I did when I was working, therefore my calories are lower than say, my husband, who is in the Navy and works with the engines, going up and down stairs/ladders and running around all day.

True, my activity is set to sedentary as well
  • leanlindajean
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and currently (it changes, haha!) weigh 136, but I've weighed up to 185.... currently I try to stick to 1200, but fill up on "zero" or LOW calorie things (some fruits, veggies)! Best wishes to you!!
  • VCStarr
    VCStarr Posts: 155
    Options

Sure!

:blushing: But I am a bit jealous you are taller AND thinner! :wink:

Lol don't be too jealous, I'm almost the same height and I started my journey at 165. I've been here since August and taken off almost 23 pounds. I'm hoping to drop another 15-20 depending on how I look and feel. My base line calorie goal is 1200. But i rarely make it. I used to go under all the time but my sister in law was upset with me for it :) But i go over that most of the time now, but I try to always fit in some exercise to cover it. I used to exercise 500-1000 calories a day but then my knees went nuts so I'm VERY limited now. But I still try :)
  • Alita2011
    Alita2011 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I am currently in maintenance and I am 153.2 pounds I started at 190.

Daily calories: (without exercise) : 1560

End goal weight: will start back up in January 145

I had my body fat tested in a Bod Pod and it gives you a printout of what your estimated calorie intake should be at my activity level of sedetary I should have 1584. I am also a classic pear shape and hold a lot of fat in my lower half..

Hope that helps
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm pretty close to ya. I'm right at 5'4" and I now weigh 146. I started by journey here at 165. I am officially at a "healthy" weight now BARELY. My inital goal was 145, but now, I'm thinking that I'll aim for 135-140. I still got lots of jiggle going on ;). MFP only allows me 1260 calories a day without exercise, so I can't imagine how it's allowing you 1800. Is it set on maintenence? If I don't exercise, I ALWAYS go over my allotment.
    Good luck! Hope this was a bit helpful. What is your overall goal?

Sorry, I should explain a bit better! I was set on 1200 with MFP and was 153-150 for many months (up a bit down a bit up a bit down a bit), yesterday my DOCTOR told me I should be eating more, 1800 (to lose, not maintain) and I felt it was high, so I am asking...
    He said that I would be burning about 1800 during rest, and that even though I have a desk job I should be able to lose while eating 1800 healthy calories. He did say that I should not eat cheese (which I found a bit weird) and that if I eat 1200 healthy calories and then 1/2 a candy bar to make up for the other calories I needed it would defeat the purpose. (I knew a candy bar would not work to fill in my calories, but that was his example)
  • rmccully
    rmccully Posts: 319
    Options
    5' 3.5" here, I eat between 1400- 1700 before a workout.

when I was trying the 1200 I had no results (over 6 months of trying).
    I upped my intake, which is mainly raw fruits and veggies and I went from 125 lbs to 110lbs in 3 months.

I found the cutting back or cutting out of processed foods and dairy made a huge difference for me.
  • allibinky
    allibinky Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and 145# (as of this morning). My target is 130# and I allow 1320 net calories a day. I tried 1200 but the weigh wasn't shifting. At a desk most of the day so my activity level is set at sedentary.