Breakfast shakes?

Options
I am one of those roll out of bed and go to work types, which leaves me no time for breakfast. When I skip breakfast, I always overeat at lunch. I've tried waking up earlier but I am just not an earlier riser! :frown:
Does anyone know of a good protien shake for breakfast? I figure I can set up a cup of powder and fill it with water or whatever on my way rushing out the door.
Thanks!

Replies

• lunapetu0311
    Options
    Hi there! I am also short on time many mornings. In my freezer, I have individual bags of frozen fruits that I've put together to make making smoothies quicker. Each bag is full of: 1/2 cup blueberries, 1/4 cup strawberries, 1/2 cup spinach and 1/2 banana (you can use your own favorite fruits) - then I mix in 1 scoop of Natural Factors Vanilla Whey Protein (use your favorite protein mix) then I add water and blend. I find having the individual bags already made SUPER convenient and I'm more likely to make a smoothie knowing it's not much work.

Good luck! Make time for your breakfast! :)
  • amhershman319
    Options
    That's a great idea! Thank you!
  • train_01
    train_01 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    The individual baggies of fruit is a good idea. If you don't want to use protein powder, i'd suggest adding 3-4 oz of tofu instead. It makes your shake thick and you can't even taste it.
  • LadyWeaselofVT
    LadyWeaselofVT Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I do a lot of food prep for my work week on Sundays. I drink protein shakes for breakfast and have found you can blend a huge batch, freeze it in ice cube trays and the night before, fill your to-go mug with the cubes letting it melt it the fridge. Then, you just grab and go. If you like it slushy, then just put the cubes into a blender that morning. I killed a Magic Bullet with the slushy method but my Ninja seems to be holding up fine.
  • stephgetsfit2
    stephgetsfit2 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Not sure what kind of work you do, but i work in an office and definitely love my sleep more than food, so i keep a bowl and the little pouches of oatmeal in my desk. When i get to work, i make myself oatmeal. :)
  • Greytfish
    Greytfish Posts: 810
    Options
    Hi there! I am also short on time many mornings. In my freezer, I have individual bags of frozen fruits that I've put together to make making smoothies quicker. Each bag is full of: 1/2 cup blueberries, 1/4 cup strawberries, 1/2 cup spinach and 1/2 banana (you can use your own favorite fruits) - then I mix in 1 scoop of Natural Factors Vanilla Whey Protein (use your favorite protein mix) then I add water and blend. I find having the individual bags already made SUPER convenient and I'm more likely to make a smoothie knowing it's not much work.

Good luck! Make time for your breakfast! :)

This is a nice idea if you don't get a sugar rush and crash from a large AM sugar load.

I get up early and always have things to do in the morning so I usually do a good tasting protein shake in either water or coconut milk or baked eggs to pop in the microwave in the morning.
  • TheSwoleMinister
    TheSwoleMinister Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    My go-to pretty much every morning:

In a blender put:
    12 ice cubes
    1 large scoop of your favorite chocolate protein powder
    1 TBS Hershey's
    1 TBS instant coffee (dissolved in 2 oz hot water
    6 oz 1% milk
    2 TBS creamy peanut butter

(I also put 5g creatine mono and 5g beta alanine)

Should take only 5 minutes including clean-up, and you're out the door. Delicious peanut butter mocha! About 450 calories, holds me over for a few hours until my mid-morning snack.