MFP Biking Gang--8/4/08

Options
Ok, guys! Another week!

I got in 47 this morning--but had bad time. I posted another message about it. Scary actually.
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/21529-bad-ride-almost-passed-out-2253-calories-burned

Anyway, 47 for the week so far.

Replies

• shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Ok, guys! Another week!

I got in 47 this morning--but had bad time. I posted another message about it. Scary actually.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/21529-bad-ride-almost-passed-out-2253-calories-burned

Anyway, 47 for the week so far.
  • michaelhe
    michaelhe Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I was short last week but I'm going to shoot for 40 again this week. I'm still recovering from a cold which started on Friday. Don't tell my wife, but the 18 mile ride we did yesterday was probably a bit much too soon.

The bad news is that I am starting a new assignment in Dearborn starting next week. This assignment is about 20 miles further away from our home office, which is where I've been working. That means I cannot possibly ride to work and it also may mean that I'll be getting home later, thus making a night-time ride less of a possibility. It just figures that this would happen just as I was getting back into bicycling... :sad: I hope I don't let it completely knock me off the wagon!!

At least I'll have my cycling pals at MFP to motivate me!!:smile:
  • shorerider
    Options
    I was short last week but I'm going to shoot for 40 again this week. I'm still recovering from a cold which started on Friday. Don't tell my wife, but the 18 mile ride we did yesterday was probably a bit much too soon.

The bad news is that I am starting a new assignment in Dearborn starting next week. This assignment is about 20 miles further away from our home office, which is where I've been working. That means I cannot possibly ride to work and it also may mean that I'll be getting home later, thus making a night-time ride less of a possibility. It just figures that this would happen just as I was getting back into bicycling... :sad: I hope I don't let it completely knock me off the wagon!!

At least I'll have my cycling pals at MFP to motivate me!!:smile:

That stinks! Sorry about that--well, there's the weekend's right?
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Monday - 10
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    I'm going to shoot for 40 this week. I did just over 30 last week plus 2 spin classes.

Do you count spin classes in your miles? if so how?

Thanks,
  • stschulz
    stschulz Posts: 340
    Options
    My goal for this week is 100 miles. With a break at mile 50.
    Beyond that I can not commit to it, but plan depending on how I feel to ride either the next day or the day after that again for training purposes. And, if I can, a few miles on Saturday. Maybe 20-40.
    Should bring my total to 150.

My other exercise goal for this week is to throw a bottle of Gatorade at shorerider every hour:mad:
  • shorerider
    Options
    My goal for this week is 100 miles. With a break at mile 50.
    Beyond that I can not commit to it, but plan depending on how I feel to ride either the next day or the day after that again for training purposes. And, if I can, a few miles on Saturday. Maybe 20-40.
    Should bring my total to 150.

My other exercise goal for this week is to throw a bottle of Gatorade at shorerider every hour:mad:

36_1_19.gif

Funy, Stef!
  • familybugs
    familybugs Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    last week
    Tues- 35
    Thurs 16
    Fri- 17

goal for this week is 150..
    Today my plan is to ride at least 35...

Our century ride is Sept 6th and I have got to get the mileage in!!!! Its so hard with this dang heat, and getting up some mornings is sooooo tuff!

Going riding tonight with my son... its gonna be a warm ride, but I just got to keep pedaling ya know!
  • ohthatbambi
    Options
    Monday - 10
    Tuesday - 14
  • familybugs
    familybugs Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I road 36 miles yesterday.... it was so hot, and I ran out of water with 5 miles left to go.... but I did it, and jumped in the pool when I got home!:tongue:
  • stschulz
    Options
    I am off for another 100 miles today.
    Will post when I am back.

Wish me luck.
  • shorerider
    Options
    Steff--

I'll catch you yet! :tongue:

Going for 22 with DH this morning--that will give me 69 for the week.
  • jadaigle
    jadaigle Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Last week my goal was 73 miles.

Monday 40.4 + Friday 17.5 + Sunday 20.1 = 78 miles.

This week, my goal is to do 80 miles. I did 45 today.
  • shorerider
    Options
    Last week my goal was 73 miles.

Monday 40.4 + Friday 17.5 + Sunday 20.1 = 78 miles.

This week, my goal is to do 80 miles. I did 45 today.

Way to go! Great miles!

We leave Sunday for the mountains--can't wait to get to some cool weather so riding will be more enjoyable. It will be interesting to be riding in the mountains though!
  • michaelhe
    michaelhe Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Well I was able to bike to work yesterday and since I didn't get a flat tire I got some good mileage in. The weather was very cooperative. It looks like we'll get some showers this evening so I didn't ride to work today but I'm keeping my fingers crossed for tomorrow.

Wednesday: 30 miles
  • shorerider
    Options
    Got in 24 miles this morning--that gives me 93 for the week.

Y'all are doing fantastic! Keep it up!

cheerleader.gif
  • ohthatbambi
    Options
    Monday - 10
    Tuesday - 14
    Wes - OFF
    Thurs - 17
  • stschulz
    Options
    Steff--

I'll catch you yet! :tongue:

Please don't Shore! That would force me to take it easier just so you don't get in trouble (again).

I did not ride the entire 100. Had to park the car a little further down the road than I intended and ended up riding only 82. :ohwell:

The idea to ride half of it, take a break and ride back refreshed turned out to be not such a good one. I got up at 5, started riding at 7 and started my ride back at 3. By then I was really tired and not really that much refreshed. To be honest on my way back I was glad it was only 42 and not 50 miles I had to ride.

Might not be able to ride 100 next week either, so the century on the 23rd will be the real test. Fortunately they tend to map a half century mainly on the same route as the century, so that you have at the 2nd rest stop at about 50 miles a chance to decide what you want to do. Feels better than going out for the full 100 right away. I should be ok though.

My legs are fine by the way, but my arm hurts from throwing Gatorade at shore all the time to remind her to DRINK ELECTROLYTES!!!!
  • shorerider
    Options
    Please don't Shore! That would force me to take it easier just so you don't get in trouble (again).

I did not ride the entire 100. Had to park the car a little further down the road than I intended and ended up riding only 82. :ohwell:

The idea to ride half of it, take a break and ride back refreshed turned out to be not such a good one. I got up at 5, started riding at 7 and started my ride back at 3. By then I was really tired and not really that much refreshed. To be honest on my way back I was glad it was only 42 and not 50 miles I had to ride.

Might not be able to ride 100 next week either, so the century on the 23rd will be the real test. Fortunately they tend to map a half century mainly on the same route as the century, so that you have at the 2nd rest stop at about 50 miles a chance to decide what you want to do. Feels better than going out for the full 100 right away. I should be ok though.

My legs are fine by the way, but my arm hurts from throwing Gatorade at shore all the time to remind her to DRINK ELECTROLYTES!!!!

rennrad.gifradler.gif

Don't look behind you, Steff!I'm catching up! :tongue:

I don't know how you can ride in the heat of the day--too much for me.
  • stschulz
    Options
    The heat really does not seem to be a problem. just means I need more fluid and I am not mixing the Gatorade with water.

As long as I ride I am fine. It's on the hills and taking a break where I start sweating.