**BEST FRIENDS, 74LB COMBINED LOSS (WITH PICTURES)**

Options

Replies

• SkierElle
    Options
    That is so fun!! great job ladies! I wish I had friends to motivate me and do it with me - either my friends are really slim naturally and not interested in exercise/nutrition at all, or they are overweight but it's sensitive to them and they don't talk about it, so I feel weird asking them to join me in my journey. Oh well, that's what MFP is for... everyone on here is amazing!!!
  • WildFlower7
    WildFlower7 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    That is so fun!! great job ladies! I wish I had friends to motivate me and do it with me - either my friends are really slim naturally and not interested in exercise/nutrition at all, or they are overweight but it's sensitive to them and they don't talk about it, so I feel weird asking them to join me in my journey. Oh well, that's what MFP is for... everyone on here is amazing!!!

MFP is amazing, we started this journey in April and honestly I didn't expect it to go as far as it did. . . meaning I had no expectations of us accomplishing so much. Honestly I don't think I would have accomplished so much without her. We would ask eachother on a regular basis eachothers weight, how much left how much to go and if one was up on the other by 1 lb the other would try to catch up. . . compared notes shared recipes and when we were out would have "healthier" drinks together and would split plates of food. It was a friendly competition and it defenitly worked in our own favors that we are naturally competitive. There were many days we wanted to give up but we'd root eachother on.

If we could do it with our busy lives. . .anyone can. Good luck everyone.:smile:
  • mcrawley22
    Options
    wow great work girls!!! did you both just watch what you ate or was there tons of working out involved too?? and if you worked out...what did you do? cardio and strength or ??
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    That's amazing... How inspirational!
  • LilMomee
    Options
    How tall are both of u if u dont mind i ask? do ither of u girls have kids?
  • tajsailaway
    Options
    You guys look amazing!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • skinney1357
    Options
    I am 5'8 and have never had kids. Wildflower is 5'2 and has had 3 kids! She is amazing :)
  • WildFlower7
    Options
    I am 5'8 and have never had kids. Wildflower is 5'2 and has had 3 kids! She is amazing :)

Awwww thanks girl! So are you! I was gonna reply to this and was gonna say 5'8 for you, even though I wasn't a 100% sure, but I guess I was right!!
  • molina76853
    Options
    Wow! You both look great!
  • bgtorres
    bgtorres Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    both of you look great! Congrats!
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Both of you look AWESOME!! Congrats!
  • WildFlower7
    Options
    Thank you all :flowerforyou:
  • AutismMom
    AutismMom Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    You girls look amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good Job!!!!! :)
  • ehwilson30
    ehwilson30 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Great Job Ladies!:smile:
  • skinney1357
    Options
    wow great work girls!!! did you both just watch what you ate or was there tons of working out involved too?? and if you worked out...what did you do? cardio and strength or ??
    We both had our own little plan. In the beginning we watched our calories and did 30 day shred. We both did a lot of cardio! Then once we lost weight we switched on and off between cardio and weight training. I think I had to work out more than Wildflower did but it was definitely a combo of diet and exercise.
  • DayAtATime
    Options
    You guys are the best! Thanks for posting your pics.....you both look amazing!
  • WildFlower7
    Options
    We both had our own little plan. In the beginning we watched our calories and did 30 day shred. We both did a lot of cardio! Then once we lost weight we switched on and off between cardio and weight training. I think I had to work out more than Wildflower did but it was definitely a combo of diet and exercise.

My weight comes off pretty easily just by being conscious of what I eat and counting my calories. Although the cardio did help speed up the process. I would work out some weeks 5x for an hour each day (or more) some weeks none at all and would count my calories, drink my water, I cut out junk, pretty much stopped consuming calories through drinks and stayed active .

I did like skinney1357 said . . .mostly cardio in the begining and strength and cardio in the middle and now mostly strength just to finish toning up and maybe lose my last 7lbs unless I know I'll be eating alot that week because of an upcoming get together or holiday then I'll hit up the cardio to balance out the extra cal. I'll be eating.

I think for me realizing that I'm not 106lbs anymore and can't eat like I did when I was 19yrs old and not gain a pound is what helped me most in losing the weight. Learning to make smarter decisions when it comes to the food I'm eating, the amount I'm eating and the calories I'm taking in and how to get the most out of the calories I'm taking in. . . that's what helped me the most. My metabolism obviously isn't what it use to be and I've realized that and learned to work around it :smile:
  • Depplover28
    Options
    You go girls :D You both look amazing!
  • WildFlower7
    Options
    Thank you:flowerforyou:
  • Lunarokra
    Lunarokra Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Awesome work! WTG
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!