I might be participating in a Triathlon!

Options
I'm so excited!!!! woohoo.gif

I found out today about this "for fun" type Triathlon right near me in September. They have the option of taking part as a team--so... I know this guy who did the swim section last year as part of a team, and he said he might be willing to be on a team with me this year, if we can find someone to do the run part.

So tonight, I talked to this other guy, and he said he used to run and might be willing to do it but needs to see how his knee feels.

I would do the bike part of course! rennrad.gif

We would do the "sprint" course--which is a 1/2 mile swim, a 3.5 mile ride, and a 15 mile bike ride.

Not sure where that falls in triathlon ranges but it sounds cool to me! {as long as I don't have to do the run and swim anyway!}

So....if all this comes together {I hope, I hope, I hope!},

I'LL BE IN A TRIATHLON!

woohoonaner2gy.gif

I should know within a few days or so if I can pull our team together.

Replies

• shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    I'm so excited!!!! woohoo.gif

I found out today about this "for fun" type Triathlon right near me in September. They have the option of taking part as a team--so... I know this guy who did the swim section last year as part of a team, and he said he might be willing to be on a team with me this year, if we can find someone to do the run part.

So tonight, I talked to this other guy, and he said he used to run and might be willing to do it but needs to see how his knee feels.

I would do the bike part of course! rennrad.gif

We would do the "sprint" course--which is a 1/2 mile swim, a 3.5 mile ride, and a 15 mile bike ride.

Not sure where that falls in triathlon ranges but it sounds cool to me! {as long as I don't have to do the run and swim anyway!}

So....if all this comes together {I hope, I hope, I hope!},

I'LL BE IN A TRIATHLON!

woohoonaner2gy.gif

I should know within a few days or so if I can pull our team together.
  • calatibo
    calatibo Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    good luck, keep us informed about the team, and how it all goes.

:drinker:
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    awesome shore!!!! sounds so fun!!! I know you'll rock out your part no problemo!!!

hugs and best of luck!!!
    Ali :drinker:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    How exciting!! Hope everything goes well and you get your team. Good luck to you. :flowerforyou:
  • tall_t
    tall_t Posts: 251
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Congratulations!!!

I am cheering for you all the way!!!!!:tongue:
  • shorerider
    Options
    DARN, DARN, DARN, DARN, DARN! My swimmer-possible just emailed me and he can't do it :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I've got to try to get someone else now. I wish I had known about this thing earlier but the registration is limited and I might not be able to find someone so soon.

I want to be in a Triathlon, too! hissyfit8wr.gif

Everyone else on here is running 5K and doing Tris--I want to play, too!! hissyfit8wr.gifhissyfit8wr.gif
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you girlie!!! I hope you find a replacement swimmer in time! YEY YOU!
  • jadaigle
    jadaigle Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Which triathlon is it and what is the date? I might be able to do the swim.
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    You'll have a ton of fun. I did a sprint triathlon last May and really enjoyed it. I did the whole thing, but I had to walk some of the running part. Running is my poorest of the 3 sports and it was third. I've tried to get some friends to do another perhaps longer one as a relay, but it's never worked out. One of the goals on my profile is to do another with a better time.

Have fun!!!!!
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    I wish I lived closer. Swimming is my strongest sport.
  • shorerider
    Options
    Which triathlon is it and what is the date? I might be able to do the swim.

Thanks for the offer--I should have mentioned that the original idea was to have an "all-clergy" team--that was part of the cool part of it for me. I've got an email out and am hoping to get some response back soon.
  • jadaigle
    jadaigle Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Good luck. I hope you can do it.