BMR and Breastfeeding Question

Options
My BMR based off the online calculators is 1674 and my TDEE is 2009, but that calculator does not take into account my breastfeeding toddler....

Right now MFP is giving me 1430 cals to lose 1 pound per week. And then I add on another 300 for breastfeeding, so that's a total of 1730 I eat per day....

Should I try to base my calories on my BMR PLUS the extra 300 for breastfeeding, or should I just go off what MFP says? I was thinking of maybe lowering my weight goal to .5 per week, but wasn't quite sure yet.

My baby is 19 months old and my milk is fine so far, I just don't want to hurt myself. I'm finding myself still quite hungry, but this is the beginning of my restarting journey.

Replies

• veganbettie
    veganbettie Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    i'm also trying to drop 25 pounds if that helps.
  • IIIIISerenityNowIIIII
    Options
    How many calories are you currently eating while not trying to lose weight? I would go by that minus 200-300 calories a day for a couple of weeks and see whether it affects your milk supply before decreasing your calories more.
  • veganbettie
    veganbettie Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I have no idea, probably a lot. LOL

I think I may switch it to .5 ..... and then add 300, that puts me above my BMR....I'll try that for a week and if it doesn't work lower it a little bit.
  • colex97
    colex97 Posts: 12
    Options
    How did it go?? I'm curious about this too!